A personal appeal to my fellow players to log into PTS when it's up

xordevoreaux

As I said previously:

PTS is NOT about Customer Satisfaction, or even Customer Feedback - Bioware can keep telling the lie that it is if they want, but ALL of the evidence shows it is a lie.

PTS is about a last chance to find game-breaking bugs. That is the ONLY thing that will see significant changes to a PTS Build.

All The Best

My conclusions too. Sad... but true.

PTS is NOT about Customer Satisfaction, or even Customer Feedback - Bioware can keep telling the lie that it is if they want, but ALL of the evidence shows it is a lie.

Just because BW doesn't implement all the changes that you want, doesn't mean they don't listen to customer feedback. Which is good thing, because if they listened to people on these forums, SWTOR would basically just become a longer version of Battlefront or Fallen Order, with insta-gear and wall-to-wall open world PvP (and no subs). 🤩

[/teasing]

Edited by JediQuaker

As I said previously:

PTS is about a last chance to find game-breaking bugs. That is the ONLY thing that will see significant changes to a PTS Build.

All The Best

It wasn’t like that when they initially tested the Eternal Championship and it wasn’t like that when they tested the GSF changes. There was a time when there was a lot more back and forth. Maybe the players who tested Gods of the Machine bosses feel differently. But I’m old enough to remember when they listened to feedback on PTS.

Just because BW doesn't implement all the changes that you want, doesn't mean they don't listen to customer feedback. Which is good thing, because if they listened to people on these forums, SWTOR would basically just become a longer version of Battlefront or Fallen Order, with insta-gear and wall-to-wall open world PvP (and no subs). 🤩

[/teasing]

I think perhaps that the reasons many are concerned about the PTS (and resulting reaction to "feedback") stims from three possible areas:

1. The level of RNG in gearing EVEN where vendors are concerned.

2. Bugs that have been discovered repeatedly and apparently still exist (yes some since PTS)

3. Crafting issues that are still being contested (some since before 6.0 release that were also discussed during PTS)

It's almost like a game that's being played within the game its self. Some are more direct. One the other hand some of us are trying to be less direct and yet see the differing positions from both development team and players alike. Both seem to have both good and bad points. And to a point some of us just want to play a game that has less "drama" … more affective means of getting stuff in general (NOT EASY … and certainly NOT give me my stuff right now)… just simplify the process a little bit !!

Yes … there is more to this than meets the eye ! More to it from many differing points of view. The fact is I'm probably alienating my self from some as it is just pointing this out ! Kind of sad really.

I'd love to think that I could actually meet someone form the development team one day and talk shop about 3-D modeling (a hobby of mine)… Heck I wish we could do that here in a separate forum provided. We could even upload screen picts off of our HD and share stuff. That would be a blast ( to me at least). But something tells me that none of that is possible.

The games that people play sometimes is a royal pain.

I wish things were just a little easier to get done … and less of the usual games that go with it !

Where's my score card ? :eek:

(edited for clarity)

Edited by OlBuzzard

Best time to kavetch (cough) add insight about class changes is while they're still being updated. [...]

yes, because that worked so well for all the still existing problems that were reported for 6.0...

PTS for devs has become a "does it crash" test.... and for users, a "is there some new exploit" sneak peek.

Edited by Void_Singer

It wasn’t like that when they initially tested the Eternal Championship and it wasn’t like that when they tested the GSF changes. There was a time when there was a lot more back and forth. Maybe the players who tested Gods of the Machine bosses feel differently. But I’m old enough to remember when they listened to feedback on PTS.

All true.

But how the PTS was used 5 years ago isn't really relevant to how it is used now.

Everyone who plays this game knows for a fact that 6.0 Crafting is as broken as it can be.

ALL of the feedback on PTS told them this would be the case.

But they went ahead anyway.

Since then there's been a 10-15% shift on a scale that needed 80-90% of movement.

So they are still NOT LISTENING to feedback.

All The Best

All true.

But how the PTS was used 5 years ago isn't really relevant to how it is used now.

Everyone who plays this game knows for a fact that 6.0 Crafting is as broken as it can be.

ALL of the feedback on PTS told them this would be the case.

But they went ahead anyway.

Since then there's been a 10-15% shift on a scale that needed 80-90% of movement.

So they are still NOT LISTENING to feedback.

All The Best

Or responding to requests on when bug fixes will be implemented.

I think fixing game breaking bugs in the live game would be priority NUMBER ONE instead of bug fixing the PTS

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I think fixing game breaking bugs in the live game would be priority NUMBER ONE instead of bug fixing the PTS

To be quite honest, bug fixing should be priority number one over any content or PTS testing or any other game changes (including crafting etc). There are numerous bugs that still haven't been addressed and really should be looked at, over development of future content.

I wouldn't take an issue with new content taking a back seat to quashing the bugs, I'd welcome it if it improved the game for countless players both old and new alike.

To be quite honest, bug fixing should be priority number one over any content or PTS testing or any other game changes (including crafting etc). There are numerous bugs that still haven't been addressed and really should be looked at, over development of future content.

I wouldn't take an issue with new content taking a back seat to quashing the bugs, I'd welcome it if it improved the game for countless players both old and new alike.

100% this

I agree entirely.

But Bioware won't agree to that.

Because "new content" offers new monetisation options through the store.

Bug Fixing doesn't.

And the Bean Counters are in charge,

All The Best