Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Some update on what's next is needed

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Some update on what's next is needed
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Damask_Rose's Avatar


Damask_Rose
01.12.2020 , 08:42 PM | #21
We really have hit hard times if grinding for gear is considered content. That's about as much fun as killing 1000 bormu on Balmorra.

Toraak's Avatar


Toraak
01.12.2020 , 09:50 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
We really have hit hard times if grinding for gear is considered content. That's about as much fun as killing 1000 bormu on Balmorra.
lol. There are actually far worse things to do in game, then that achievement.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

DarkTergon's Avatar


DarkTergon
01.13.2020 , 09:40 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
We really have hit hard times if grinding for gear is considered content. That's about as much fun as killing 1000 bormu on Balmorra.
Think it's bad no, should have seen it at release they've actually increased the amount of bormu (still lacking though) from then.
No Idea if people use these, but if so, here's my referral link
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

Nemmar's Avatar


Nemmar
01.13.2020 , 09:51 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
We really have hit hard times if grinding for gear is considered content. That's about as much fun as killing 1000 bormu on Balmorra.
That is the point of every rpg. I don't understand what is surprising about it. RPG's gameplay is all about the pursuit of power for your character.

EricMusco's Avatar


EricMusco
01.13.2020 , 04:10 PM | #25 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

First off, happy new year! We know that with a new year means questions of "what's next" and so let me try to add some clarity to things.

What's next? In case you missed our last livestream in December or didn't get a chance to check it out on PTS, Game Update 6.1 is the next thing on the horizon and it is slated for a February release. That update contains our next story beat (around the size of Hearts and Minds) and the new Alderaan Stronghold! Many of you have already have already shared your thoughts on the Stronghold, we are hoping to have PTS back up later this week with some new changes to check out.

One other quick note about 6.1 is the usage of the .1 in the Game Update. In the past we have been pretty inconsistent in our Game Update numbering and so we wanted to clean that up. This started at 6.0 but going forward any 6.X update will only increment if there is some story contained in the update. If there is no story, then it will increment by 6.X.X.
Ex: After 6.1 if the next update contained story, it would be 6.2. If it doesn't have story it would be 6.1.1.

We talked about this last year as well but just a reminder that we have moved away from the big form roadmaps that we used to post. Instead we try to lean more on updates via PTS, posts, livestreams, and blogs. So you should expect to see more about what is beyond 6.1 as we get closer to / beyond its launch. With that said, that doesn't mean Keith will stop swinging in to give you some longer term updates. I would expect before the end of January to see Keith in the forums to give you a bit of a welcome to 2020 which will likely contain some hints at what we are looking at doing this year.

I can tell you that the team is really excited about what is coming in 2020 and we are already planning around things for next year, our 10-year anniversary (and beyond)!

Thanks everyone.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

GRAY_JEDI_DARK's Avatar


GRAY_JEDI_DARK
01.13.2020 , 04:33 PM | #26
any ETA on when you will remove veteran stacks and actually make nims hard again? its easier than 5.10, you killed the point of nim raiding with this patch.

Batwer's Avatar


Batwer
01.13.2020 , 04:48 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

What's next? In case you missed our last livestream in December or didn't get a chance to check it out on PTS, Game Update 6.1 is the next thing on the horizon and it is slated for a February release. That update contains our next story beat (around the size of Hearts and Minds)

-eric
So short?
You! Yes, exactly you! Click me:
http://www.swtor.com/r/zwyYS6

KendraP's Avatar


KendraP
01.13.2020 , 05:26 PM | #28
First, and foremost, thank you for (finally) posting. I have added sub time due to this post, speaking with my money.

I do feel obliged to mention, however, that I couldn't care less about your numbering scheme. I hope the amount of time BW spent worrying about numbering schemes is not proportional to the amount of your post discussing it. If so, I guess I can't be surprised none of the issues I raised earlier are being even remotely addressed.

Ok, snark aside... "the next story beat..." sounds promising. I wasnt expecting new story outside of the flashpoint format i despised from 5.x until 7.0. So kudos here, in advance.

Finally, I implore you to not totally disappear or refuse to address any of our issues until after 6.1 or whatever number scheme BW decides to adopt next (since apparently BW spends roughly 1/4 of it's time devoted to debating numbering schemes). I raised 5 issues I have, very fairly for me, here http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=973405

To summarize for people who can't be bothered to read the whole thing, though I implore Musco to,
1. The failure to raise content to 75 is damaging to the endgame, and makes gearing feel largely pointless.

2. The new group finder operations needs to be addressed, I suggested splitting it into 2 operations queues, 1 for the multiple boss raid of the day, and one for the one off bosses (either rotate daily or random).

3. Several things on gearing, but primarily that amplifiers are a stupid number sink that is in fact required for min/maxing and not irrelevant as advertised. (Granted the advertisement was one of the dumbest things I've had the misfortune of reading on this forum, seriously, an irrelevant min maxing tool made no sense from the beginning).

4. The guild conquest window bug.

5. Crafting still needs major help.

Finally, and once again, welcome back to work Musco, and I hope you actually take your word on talking to us again, and not go deaf between now and 6.1.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
01.13.2020 , 05:44 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

First off, happy new year! We know that with a new year means questions of "what's next" and so let me try to add some clarity to things.

What's next? In case you missed our last livestream in December or didn't get a chance to check it out on PTS, Game Update 6.1 is the next thing on the horizon and it is slated for a February release. That update contains our next story beat (around the size of Hearts and Minds) and the new Alderaan Stronghold! Many of you have already have already shared your thoughts on the Stronghold, we are hoping to have PTS back up later this week with some new changes to check out.

One other quick note about 6.1 is the usage of the .1 in the Game Update. In the past we have been pretty inconsistent in our Game Update numbering and so we wanted to clean that up. This started at 6.0 but going forward any 6.X update will only increment if there is some story contained in the update. If there is no story, then it will increment by 6.X.X.
Ex: After 6.1 if the next update contained story, it would be 6.2. If it doesn't have story it would be 6.1.1.

We talked about this last year as well but just a reminder that we have moved away from the big form roadmaps that we used to post. Instead we try to lean more on updates via PTS, posts, livestreams, and blogs. So you should expect to see more about what is beyond 6.1 as we get closer to / beyond its launch. With that said, that doesn't mean Keith will stop swinging in to give you some longer term updates. I would expect before the end of January to see Keith in the forums to give you a bit of a welcome to 2020 which will likely contain some hints at what we are looking at doing this year.

I can tell you that the team is really excited about what is coming in 2020 and we are already planning around things for next year, our 10-year anniversary (and beyond)!

Thanks everyone.

-eric

ERIC, what about the bugs????????

Loot toggle and gear drop bug - not dropping correct set gear or tactical’s for class and spec

When will you update this thread to let us know if the Devs have enough evidence or do we need to keep posting more
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...40#post9794040

Airvent Bug in Hutt Ball and Mandalorian Arena - airvent makes you teleport or instant kill you, it no long throws you into the air.

KendraP's Avatar


KendraP
01.13.2020 , 06:01 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
ERIC, what about the bugs????????
Owing to their new communication format, they're apparently not talking about anything post 6.1 until after it launches. Or that's my interpretation, anyway.

See this part:

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
We talked about this last year as well but just a reminder that we have moved away from the big form roadmaps that we used to post. Instead we try to lean more on updates via PTS, posts, livestreams, and blogs. So you should expect to see more about what is beyond 6.1 as we get closer to / beyond its launch. With that said, that doesn't mean Keith will stop swinging in to give you some longer term updates. I would expect before the end of January to see Keith in the forums to give you a bit of a welcome to 2020 which will likely contain some hints at what we are looking at doing this year.
Kendra's translation: we talk about what we want, usually about what's coming next month, no longer address the future beyond next month, and maybe Mr Kanneg will drop by to say hi everythings amazing later. If you disagree with us, the doors that way.

Either Kanneg or someone else has Musco on a leash or Musco is totally ignorant of the game's future.