Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Latest Cartel Market Additions - December 12th

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Latest Cartel Market Additions - December 12th
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

sharkfishman
12.13.2019 , 03:17 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
I figured the gold wasn't going to be dye-able but you are correct, the gold is not the gold in their preview image. I went out to Alderaan (which is where the website pic seems to be taken from) and took a screenshot. It looks horrible in-game...

https://imgur.com/FuSn9i6
Thanks for that info. Personally, it looks more like a bronze than a gold.

That's not necessarily a bad thing, mind you. What I don't like is that I was checking and it only has a single color slot. It's all red, or all green or purple or whatever you choose. At least the material showing on the side of the dress should've been the secondary color, not primary too (IMO).
For my friends, click my referral link for awesome free stuff.
For my enemies, click it just to spite me.

"Don't get cocky."

TrixxieTriss
12.13.2019 , 05:45 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
I like the dress but agree that the gold parts should be dyable.
Do you like the actual gold colour? It’s so different to the other gold shades in the game. I find it repulsive (as you can probably gather from my description of it)

One thing I forgot to add is when you match the top with white pants, they go the colour of that dirty yellow crafted dye that looks a bit like spew. Which would explain a lot if they are using that yellow as a basis for the gold in the outfit.
As far as I know, nobody in their right mind uses that dye because it really is a disgusting yellow (not sure what they were thinking when they created that dye). I tried crafting some once to see if I could sell them, no one would buy them (cant blame them). Not sure what I did with them.

I can only imagine that sales aren’t going to be as good as they could have been on this outfit if they’d used a better yellow base for the gold or if they’d just left it unlocked so we could apply any colour.

I know there will be some “strange” people (LoL) who will like it, but many won’t. The easiest solution is to remove the “locked” dye colour for those parts of the outfit and let us use the yellow we want to give it a real gold affect.
I wonder how hard it would be to unlock it?

TrixxieTriss
12.13.2019 , 05:52 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
I figured the gold wasn't going to be dye-able but you are correct, the gold is not the gold in their preview image. I went out to Alderaan (which is where the website pic seems to be taken from) and took a screenshot. It looks horrible in-game...

https://imgur.com/FuSn9i6
That’s the thing that really pissed me off. I checked the gold in the preview and their own picture before I purchased it,
At first glance I wasn’t going to buy it because I didn’t like that the colour was locked.
But after some thought on how I could use those gold parts with out outfits, I decided to buy it. Only to discover the gold didn’t look anything like the preview or the picture.
I was already on the fence as to wether I’d buy it. So when I discovered the gold wasn’t what it should be and I wouldn’t get it to match the other “gold” on other outfits, I was so annoyed.
That’s why I came straight to the forum to warn other players so they wouldn’t fall for the same deception.

IzumiCurtis
12.13.2019 , 11:24 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
The festival Dress design is awesome. I logged in especially to buy it.... BUT WHY DID YOU HAVE TO LOCK THE GOLD COLOUR TO THE OUTFIT. Now I don’t know wether it’s worth it because everyone will look the same.

In future, please allow us to modify ALL parts of the outfits with a different colour, I don’t particularly want a gold skirt or gold plated breasts. The skirt being locked to gold means 50% of the outfit is unusable for me.

Edit: decided to buy it. And now completely regret it.

WARNING TO OTHER PLAYERS BEFORE YOU BUY THIS
EVEN THE GOLD ISNT GOLD, ITS SHINY GREENISH POO BROWN COLOUR (like baby poo).
IT’S NOT EVEN THE COLOUR OF THE OTHER GOLD ARMOR ITEMS IN THE GAME.
THE GOLD COLOUR LOOKS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TO THE PREVIEW SCREEN OR THE PICTURE ON THE WEBSITE.
ITS A TOTALL MISREPRESENTATION OF WHAT YOU ARE BUYING.

This means you can’t even mix and match with other gold items because they are different golds. And you can’t add a yellow or orange dye to the gold part to try and get them all the same colour.
All of this has totally ruined the whole outfit for me.

Therefore, because I was sold something under false pretences. I would like a refund of my cartel coins please and you can have back this outfit that showed so much promise, but has been a complete and utter failure in its execution.
Eugh. I was thinking of getting this but now I think I'll pass. At least your sacrifice is saving some of the other forum-goers/readers.
Need a referral? Click the following link! http://www.swtor.com/r/LggkN9

loudwhitenoise
12.14.2019 , 02:47 AM | #25
The festival dress is okay to me, the dull gold feels realistic, I can see people in this thread have already complained about not being able to dye the gold parts so I'll skip adding my rant to the pile, I'll just say I agree.
What I would like to see, however, is a version of this dress where the gold parts are SILVER. It would make it a lot easier to match with stuff.

DanielSteed
12.18.2019 , 10:53 AM | #26 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quick update for the article, both the Dashing Rogue Armor Set and Gambler's Luck Blaster Pistol were added to the Cartel Market yesterday. I've updated the article to reflect this.
Daniel Steed | Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

JediQuaker
12.18.2019 , 11:42 AM | #27
The Festival dress looks very appropriately "Life Day" to me - very festive and appropriately colored (although I think it looks better with a darker red dye). The gold parts on the chest are very much like the gold effect you get on a lot of Christmas ornaments and wrapping paper.
It may not look that good after Life Day, but by then it will be time for a new outfit anyway. 🙂
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

casirabit
12.18.2019 , 02:19 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Do you like the actual gold colour? It’s so different to the other gold shades in the game. I find it repulsive (as you can probably gather from my description of it)

One thing I forgot to add is when you match the top with white pants, they go the colour of that dirty yellow crafted dye that looks a bit like spew. Which would explain a lot if they are using that yellow as a basis for the gold in the outfit.
As far as I know, nobody in their right mind uses that dye because it really is a disgusting yellow (not sure what they were thinking when they created that dye). I tried crafting some once to see if I could sell them, no one would buy them (cant blame them). Not sure what I did with them.

I can only imagine that sales aren’t going to be as good as they could have been on this outfit if they’d used a better yellow base for the gold or if they’d just left it unlocked so we could apply any colour.

I know there will be some “strange” people (LoL) who will like it, but many won’t. The easiest solution is to remove the “locked” dye colour for those parts of the outfit and let us use the yellow we want to give it a real gold affect.
I wonder how hard it would be to unlock it?
While I understand you don't like it, I don't think stating "strange" is very nice if someone likes it. Everyone has a different opinion but w/e.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

DarkTergon
12.18.2019 , 02:56 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielSteed View Post
Quick update for the article, both the Dashing Rogue Armor Set and Gambler's Luck Blaster Pistol were added to the Cartel Market yesterday. I've updated the article to reflect this.
But not a mention of what the actual topic was, the horrible gold/not gold colour.....or the fact it's only primary dye....gold also isn't dyeable, and ofcourse, the biggest problem, it doesn't look like what was previewed.........
No Idea if people use these, but if so, here's my referral link
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

MuffinVelocity
12.18.2019 , 04:12 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielSteed View Post
have to say I'm a bit disappointed you didn't fix textures on the Dashing Rogue set before releasing it