Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Alderaan Stronghold Known Issues

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
12.17.2019 , 11:52 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

Feel free to report bugs in this thread or the PTS Bug Report forum at large. Here is the only current known issue:
  • The intro cinematic for the Alderaan Stronghold does not play as intended.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Sarova
12.17.2019 , 12:41 PM | #2
PTS went horribly wrong after about a minute. It was all working well, then logged me out due to "transfer" now I'm back in I can't access legacy stronghold or cargo hold which is a pain because my character transferred with empty inventory which is now full for some reason.

EDIT: only fix for this is to delete all transferred characters and start again.
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - || Quinn Treats™
Option to Switch off Vendor IconsMounts Everywhere in Alderaan SH
My Rishi
Magical Clicky Link

Andertyne
12.17.2019 , 01:16 PM | #3
Even though I unlocked the Balcony area (in the Throne Room section), I cannot reenter it after initial unlock (after leaving the stronghold). Same issue with the Kilik Grounds section.
Hygieià | Satele Shan

casirabit
12.17.2019 , 02:51 PM | #4
No mounts allowed in certain areas. Not a deal for me but I am guessing since you can do this in others, this is a bug.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

TrixxieTriss
12.17.2019 , 07:49 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Feel free to report bugs in this thread or the PTS Bug Report forum at large. Here is the only current known issue:
  • The intro cinematic for the Alderaan Stronghold does not play as intended.

-eric
How about fixing the bugs in the live game first ??

You know the set bonus gear bug that drops the wrong pieces for your spec. The one you made a bug post about 4 weeks ago asking for our feed back and now you’ve gone afk and the bug still is not fixed!!
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=972158
I don’t even know if I’m supposed to keep posting instances of this bug as they occur or if you have enough evidence and feed back to fix it because you have gone afk in it since your first post 4 weeks ago.

Or how about the air vent bug in pvp that’s totally broken the mechanics in Vandin HB, original HB and Mandalorian arena?? Do you even have this bug on your “bug board / list” yet?? Or do we need to spam it all over the forums like we had to with the gear bug for 5 weeks till you put it on your board and admitted you hadn’t seen the 6 threads and many posts reporting it for 5 weeks?? Do you even read the forums yourself anymore?

Are either of these going to be acknowledged by you guys and fixed before you go on holidays? And if not, when are you going to fix them? Or if you are not, then man up and tell us so we can go play another game,

Chillheart
12.17.2019 , 08:52 PM | #6
Found a few bugs, and had a few thoughts, in the Alderaan Stronghold:

The Northern and Western Lodgings are misnamed--the Northern one is on the west side and the Western one is on the north.

In the Northern Lodging, the northernmost room (the one that also leads to the Western Lodging) -- the western wall, if you move the camera around, changes so it seems to have an open doorway. Unable to go through it either way.

In the Northern Lodging, main bedroom - the giant windows stop just above the floor but there is no wall below them; it just seems to go right to the outside. Needs a bit of wall there. Also, on a more aesthetic note, the view is really nothing from these giant windows--they go right out onto a wall of rock a few meters away.

In the Western Lodging, where the three hallways meet, there is a door like the other ones that unlock new areas, but this one does nothing at all. Not sure why it would be there. No indication on the map that it would go to anything and indeed it should probably plop you right out onto the open area, if it opened.

In both of the Lodgings, there are "Shining Hotel" windows that aren't where they seem on the outside when you go inside and "look out of" them. Very unsettling.

Love the overall look and feel, however.

--Chill, host, OotiniCast

JamesMijkael
12.17.2019 , 09:07 PM | #7
I have a bunch of thoughts on this new stronghold, these are just my subjective thoughts though.

Pros: Any room with windows is gorgeous. The stained glass window is amazing, the indoor hall is a dream, the fact that centrepiece hooks are in the middle of this hall makes me so happy. (Please add a centrepiece hook to the centre of the Yavin temple main hall as well, I'd most appreciate that. I love much of the indoor areas. The mountain retreat is also amazing. Honestly I'd by the mountain retreat as its own mini stronghold.

Cons: The outdoor entrance area is unnecessarily large imho, and for it's size does not have enough hooks at the moment. The entrance area is bigger even than the Yavin entrance. The Killik cave is not my favorite, it feels like my house is infested with wasp nests. Now, some people may be into that, but I'm not. I'd suggest removing the Killik mounds and make it a decoration for people if they wish to use it. Same with the throne room. I feel it's a beautiful room but the throne is in the way a bit.

I feel predetermining what a room is for limits creativity. The throne room could be a dinner room, or a bar or a library. The cave doesn't need to be a Killik cave, it could be a firing range for troopers or a crystal cave for Jedi, or a dark shrine for Sith. I think the throne and mounds should be removed and kept as decorations. This would be my main criticism of this stronghold.

Minor nitpicks: I love the stained glass window hallway, but I can't help but feel there should be an upper floor to this stronghold like the other castles on Alderaan. The three identical sqare rooms I feel could also do with some more personality, whether that be slight modifications to their shape or a window like some of the other rooms. All in all it has a lot of potential, but at the moment I only desire half the stronghold.

Also: If we're doing stronghold requests, I'd love a mini flagship. Something larger than the personal ship but smaller than a guild flag ship. Smaller strongholds would be really nice also, appartment blocks instead of massive mansions. I'm not a king lol.

Of course this is all just my opinion, let me know what the rest of you think.
Marillion, let me sleep

wingheart
12.17.2019 , 09:21 PM | #8
Jumped in for a while and this is what I've found so far:
  • The window and walls in the Northern Lodgings are vertically misaligned with the floor (see here and here).
  • The door to the balcony worked during my first log in but on subsequent logins I can no longer go out there. I've also experienced the same bug with other doors that you guys ran into in the livestream with the drawing room. Usually running away and coming back fixes it, but that doesn't work with the balcony door. I've noticed I can't right click them like the doors on Coruscant/Dromund Kaas/Nar Shaddaa, and in the mountain retreat bedrooms they don't close behind me.
  • I'm not sure if the floor texture here is a bug but it sure looks like a door was supposed to be there. I believe this is just outside one of the main rooms in the lodgings hallways.
  • When logging in directly into the stronghold, the character select screen music continues to play.
  • Many of the hooks seem like their orientation is off? Like, anything placed on the large hook at the end of the main hall will be facing the wall, anything placed on the centerpiece hooks on the grounds past the bridge where you come in will face the castle, some small hooks for banners are at a 90 degree angle, etc. Nothing game-breaking, just a bit annoying.

JamesMijkael
12.17.2019 , 11:55 PM | #9
Invisible objects at -39/-77 at the entrance of the Noble Estate
Marillion, let me sleep

BryyBryy
12.18.2019 , 01:17 AM | #10
i cant even get my game to patch. Ive had error 310 for a week and done everything i can to try and fix and come up with nothing, Can someone do something im a paying sub