Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No Double EXP Event for the Holidays?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
No Double EXP Event for the Holidays?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ylliarus
12.05.2019 , 05:58 AM | #1
When looking over the events planned ingame for December and the Holiday season, I was surprised to see there was no double EXP event scheduled among the listed events. If I recall correctly, we often had the event running during the Life Day season ingame. On top of that, there was no double EXP event after the release of Onslaught and I recall the dev team once said that they would always run the event in and around big patch updates. I'd wager the 6.0 patch update was significant enough to warrant a double EXP event :P

Is there a possibility to have a double EXP event scheduled in, into December and the holiday season? It would be a great opportunity to boost our characters' EXP or Renown level etc etc.
The Lecyllath Legacy
Darth Malgus [EU]
SWTOR Player since November 25th, 2012
And here is my referral link!

DreadtechSavant
12.05.2019 , 06:03 AM | #2
I must admit I was expecting one. However we have had one recently and just because BW has given one previously for Life Day event does not equal must give one. Still there's time to add one if BW want to.

Ylliarus
12.05.2019 , 06:06 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DreadtechSavant View Post
I must admit I was expecting one. However we have had one recently and just because BW has given one previously for Life Day event does not equal must give one. Still there's time to add one if BW want to.
Recently? The last one we had was during the summer holidays, if I recall correctly, which is quite a while ago. I'm fairly sure I didn't miss any in between, unless I am really, really blind. There wasn't even a Double EXP event after the launch of Onslaught.
The Lecyllath Legacy
Darth Malgus [EU]

Goreshaga
12.05.2019 , 06:14 AM | #4
I guess it's because we had a 1 month double xp during the summer.
But i'd like one too as i've quite a few new characters i'd like to lvl up
In need of more Arcann, Aric, Torian, Vector, and a lot, lot, lot more Theron.
There's nothing like geting too much Theron

My characters

Phazonfreak
12.05.2019 , 08:53 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
Recently? The last one we had was during the summer holidays, if I recall correctly, which is quite a while ago. I'm fairly sure I didn't miss any in between, unless I am really, really blind. There wasn't even a Double EXP event after the launch of Onslaught.
Because in between the new expansion came out and uses up all the manpower. As they explained earlier running a double xp/rxp event is more than just flipping a switch and requires preparation. In addition they don't want you to rush through the character and renown levels with the new expansion out. And while the last event was during summer, it ran for a full month in preparation for Onslaught. So don't expect double xp/rxp until next spring.

vingmotor
12.05.2019 , 09:00 AM | #6
yes please. make it so.

Toraak
12.05.2019 , 09:03 AM | #7
You really think they'll have a double XP so soon after an expansion came out? I know it's easy to level from 70-75, but it's the principal.

If I had to guess I wouldn't expect any Double XP event for at least another 3-4 months.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

EricMusco
12.05.2019 , 09:41 AM | #8 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

I just want to confirm that there will not be a double XP event in December. We ran a long double XP event on the lead-up to Onslaught and as others have alluded to, we don't want to run a double event this soon after the expansion has launched. I am not sure yet when the next double event will be, but I would expect at least another couple of months.

Thanks all.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Ylliarus
12.05.2019 , 01:32 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

I just want to confirm that there will not be a double XP event in December. We ran a long double XP event on the lead-up to Onslaught and as others have alluded to, we don't want to run a double event this soon after the expansion has launched. I am not sure yet when the next double event will be, but I would expect at least another couple of months.

Thanks all.

-eric
Thanks for the response! It's a pity there won't be a Double EXP event as I had hoped to make use of it during the free days around Christmas, but it's fair considering the summer Double EXP event was really extended!
The Lecyllath Legacy
Darth Malgus [EU]

DreadtechSavant
12.05.2019 , 04:53 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
Which ended what 6-7 weeks ago? On top of which ran for a full month. I guess recently is subjective, but yes recently is the word I would use to describe it, it really was not that long ago.