Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why Is Life Day Scheduled So Late This Year?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why Is Life Day Scheduled So Late This Year?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Darth_Sidewinder
12.04.2019 , 05:55 AM | #11
Well they could still deploy the Life Day first and the actual patch then later? I mean I don't see into the details and technical difficulties of it, but one would think that these are things you could handle separately without that much extra work, too... or would it be too much work?
I have always been advocating for Mon Calamari Imperial Agents.
"Mwa ha ha, you fools, IT all was A TRAP!!!"

ElZaguero
12.04.2019 , 07:05 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Ld-Siris View Post
This was my thought. I they also mentioned a crafting UI overhaul
Oh GOD no! Another case of unasked-for changes, apparently just for the sake of change. Whyy is it so hard for some people to embrace the simple concept of, If it ain't broke, don't fix it

Tsillah
12.04.2019 , 07:31 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by ElZaguero View Post
Oh GOD no! Another case of unasked-for changes, apparently just for the sake of change. Whyy is it so hard for some people to embrace the simple concept of, If it ain't broke, don't fix it
Speak for yourself. I definitely want a crafting UI overhaul and have already asked this for years.
Referral link for a week sub and some goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB

ElZaguero
12.04.2019 , 07:54 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
Speak for yourself. I definitely want a crafting UI overhaul and have already asked this for years.
I agree there are ways in which it could be improved, but I have no faith in their ability to make changes without messing it up.

EricMusco
12.04.2019 , 02:47 PM | #15 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey there,

I can add some clarity on the timing of Life Day this year. Typically our events all start and end on Tuesdays and Life Day is no different. We are planning a patch (6.0.2) for next week that will come out on Thursday. This patch will include some Life Day stuff and so it would then start on the next Tuesday after the patch, the 17th!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Superman_AZ
12.04.2019 , 03:09 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey there,

I can add some clarity on the timing of Life Day this year. Typically our events all start and end on Tuesdays and Life Day is no different. We are planning a patch (6.0.2) for next week that will come out on Thursday. This patch will include some Life Day stuff and so it would then start on the next Tuesday after the patch, the 17th!

-eric
Personally, I am happy about the delay. It comes to early and stays too late, and makes Nar Shadaa unvisitable during the holiday. Will be nice to enjoy the planet a bit longer without all the gift farmers.
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy

Tsillah
12.04.2019 , 04:28 PM | #17
Hey there,

-eric
Oh so the actual patch comes next week on the 12th. That is good news by itself.
Referral link for a week sub and some goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB

Rion_Starkiller
12.04.2019 , 04:39 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
Oh so the actual patch comes next week on the 12th. That is good news by itself.
Yup. Great news!
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie and Solo Ranked Forum PvP (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(Ö,,,,Ö)(\/) ¦̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
8 pugs and a grophet i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

TrixxieTriss
12.04.2019 , 05:57 PM | #19
Hey there,

I can add some clarity on the timing of Life Day this year. Typically our events all start and end on Tuesdays and Life Day is no different. We are planning a patch (6.0.2) for next week that will come out on Thursday.

-eric
Eric, I’m concerned about these Thursday patches you are doing.

If there is a problem, like the last one, you don’t have time to fix it before the weekend and that means a whole weekend can be non playable.

I am of course referring to ability / task bar problems with the last patch that didn’t get fixed till the middle of the following week,

Personally, I would prefer you delay a patch you’ve got ready for a Thursday to be released on the Monday. That way if you’ve got any problems, you have 5 full working week days to fix it before the weekend prime time when most people are in the game.

If you are dead set on releasing these Thursday patches, please have staff prepared to get bugs fixed before the weekend. Which I know means crunch time and I wouldn’t wish that on anyone, but as paying customers, it’s expected to have a working game faster than not being able to play all weekend.
That’s why I think it would be in the best interest of the devs and the players to not release on Thursday’s.

Anyway, please mention this to Keith and see what he thinks.

RikuvonDrake
12.05.2019 , 11:34 AM | #20
It's, of course, understandable that certain players that spend their time posting on the forums are a bit lacking in terms of understanding why delaying a vital patch like this is a bad idea. It's my hope that certain people start to find playing the actual game to be fun and thus see the challenges that face players ingame, spending your money on a subscription just for the forum privileges is of course up to you. However, once you start to lose your connection to the player base and the gameplay it becomes a bit too much of an echo chamber, at times.

Some people prefer to stay in that chamber tho, to each her own

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

Saga - FriendlyFire - Mango