Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dantooine Conquest week nerfed?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Darth_Sidewinder
11.20.2019 , 10:00 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
@Parfkor, you will notice that I never said ALL small guilds or ALL single/solo players, I said there were some of us.
Iím also not saying itís 100% impossible for small guilds, Iím saying itís now impossible for mine and many others whoíve also posted the same opinion.

For people who have the same time constraints as me and prefer to play the way they did before the expansion, it has become much more difficult to play conquest. I donít think anyone can truthfully say thatís incorrect. Even players achieving the goals have conceded it is harder,

My complaint and that if many others, both here, on reddit and in the game, is we can no longer participate in conquest.
My posts and voice is trying to represent them and not players like yourself or those in big guild. I donít speak for you and you donít speak for me. You experiences are different to mine and I would ask you and others to politely to stop making it sound like our play style doesnít matter just because it works fine for you.

It boils down to this :

* Before Dantooine was released, conquest was terrible and not playable for many people or it wasnít fun.

* Then Dantooine was released and changes were made to conquest. This allowed us to start playing conquest for fun and extra things to do in the game.

* Then the expansion was released and we went back to not being able to play conquest the way we were before it. Now we have less to do in the game.

I canít see why people seem to forget we donít all play the same way. Changing things so a bunch of players are rewarded and others lose things to play is not conducive to keeping the second group of players happy and in the game. It also causes these sort of discussion and resentment from players like me who get talked down to for expressing our frustrations at Bioware for changing things that we lose access to participating in.

So I would ask that you try and put yourself in other peoples shoes and not think your way is the only way.

I also recognise that some people like a challenge and may not have been challenged before. That is why I suggested a scaling system based on the yield you go for. That way you can work towards a target that challenges you and it doesnít affect players who arenít up to your lvl or type of play style.
Exactly, spot on. As a leader of a small guild, I'm 100% backing up what you summarized above. We only recently discovered that it is, in fact, possible for us to do a conquest, only for it to be taken from us a few months later.

Exactly: DEVS, PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT PEOPLE PLAY THE GAME IN DIFFERENT WAYS.
I have always been advocating for Mon Calamari Imperial Agents.
"Mwa ha ha, you fools, IT all was A TRAP!!!"

Lxndra
11.20.2019 , 10:36 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Darittha View Post
Level 70 lock for 95% of all the endgame content was the worst thing Biow did, but it seems that even things on planets are affected in the same manner - that is with insane and extremely unbalanced downgrade on stats - we tried doing ossus wbs for conquest objective - full 24 people group of experienced players and both bosses wiped the floor with us as if we were naked. And the same unbalanced downgrade//stat cap on power+master+endurance stats in any content lower than 75lvl is making repside turret dantooine daily mission 100% impossible to complete.
So very, very much agree with what was said here.

The "unbalanced stat cap" is the number one thing, IMO, that needs to be addressed. I appreciate that you've heard people complain about the crafting situation, and you've put in a plan to fix it. However, the idea that the gear we are grinding to 306 and min-maxing essentially doesn't really matter for almost ALL MMFPs, or Ops or events because you've chosen to squish the stats instead of bringing the content up to max level is problematic.

Players shouldn't have to carry around different relics for 70 content vs 75 content because you've decided mathematically on the backend to cap those stats. Tanks shouldn't have to have a different mods for pre-75 and 75. Why are we grinding to 306 gear if it's completely irrelevant for everything except 1 out of 10 ops, a single fp and 2 daily areas?

Most of us suspect the reasons for this were not necessarily because you thought it was a good idea, but rather were under time constraints. Whatever the reason, though, this is a huge issue, especially pertaining to conquest where you are encouraging the play of older content. I hope, hope, hope to see some kind of acknowledgement or plan to address these issues soon.

Osanna
11.20.2019 , 10:37 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyos View Post
@Eric Musco

There seems to be an additional issue with Dantooine where the Veteran's Edge stack do not apply on Dantooine unless you take off and put on your gear again.

Some players report being able to complete the cannon daily afterwards when the stacks are present.
No.
This does solve the veteranís edge buff, but does not make the turret mission complete able. I just tested it and I still get melted, and that is with using the aoe and shield wisely.
This is a level scaling issue. Ever since 6.0, everything has been at least 30% to 50% harder to beat anything.
It needs to be toned down a few notches.
This is happening to all my characters that are above lvl 70, and have above 300 irating.
Everyone is now complaining about the few people that wanted more challenge. Now we all suffer.
Fleet chat is rampant with complaints.
Iíve sent in numerous bug reports and cs tickets and I got the generic response that things are working as intended. I call bull as I have played almost every day since 6.0ís release, and it is absolutely true that everything is too difficult.
Note, I am a veteran that has played this game since beta testing, and I have never seen anything like this.
I am not the only person that knows or feels this way.
This needs to be fixed ASAP.
Also, repair bills are getting outrageous from dying repeatedly. Iíve literally spent millions of credits on repair bills in just the last few days. This cannot be sustained for anyone except the super rich people that buy from the credit farmers.
Sorry to be so blunt, but these are the facts.
Infinite Sun OSANNA
Recruiting for The Republic!http://www.infinitesun.com
BETA TESTER / EGA VIP / CE VIP

Tarackian
11.20.2019 , 01:01 PM | #44
I would just like to know why Galactic Rampage was completely removed from the conquest rotation.

Maybe it was a mistake, but since 6.0 there has been no Galactic Rampage conquest objective in addition to all the other objectives that are missing.

EricMusco
11.20.2019 , 01:13 PM | #45 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Thanks everyone for the confirmations and additional details. I will pass them on the team for investigation.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

phalczen
11.20.2019 , 01:40 PM | #46
I was a tank in a group of two other 75s as dps with my rank 50 Nico Okarr healing. We had no problems with the heroics. I didnít even know the workaround for the veterans Edge buff so I wonder if itís just a display issue (Iím in 304 gear). And soloing the other dailies was no issue. The ONLY problem is with the turret mission. Iím guessing itís the same as the walkers in the KOTET chapters and Iokath sentinels. Anyone having the same problem with the turret daily on Iokath?
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

Darittha
11.20.2019 , 01:41 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Lxndra View Post
So very, very much agree with what was said here.

The "unbalanced stat cap" is the number one thing, IMO, that needs to be addressed. I appreciate that you've heard people complain about the crafting situation, and you've put in a plan to fix it. However, the idea that the gear we are grinding to 306 and min-maxing essentially doesn't really matter for almost ALL MMFPs, or Ops or events because you've chosen to squish the stats instead of bringing the content up to max level is problematic.

Players shouldn't have to carry around different relics for 70 content vs 75 content because you've decided mathematically on the backend to cap those stats. Tanks shouldn't have to have a different mods for pre-75 and 75. Why are we grinding to 306 gear if it's completely irrelevant for everything except 1 out of 10 ops, a single fp and 2 daily areas?

Most of us suspect the reasons for this were not necessarily because you thought it was a good idea, but rather were under time constraints. Whatever the reason, though, this is a huge issue, especially pertaining to conquest where you are encouraging the play of older content. I hope, hope, hope to see some kind of acknowledgement or plan to address these issues soon.
As ive done a lot of ossus worldbosses i remember the HP numbers of people i met there. Ive had 162,800 HP on my 258 gear tank and dps players used to have around 140,000+ HP ->>>now both dps and tanks have mere 107k HP max. on Ossus->> this should give some idea about how unbalanced it is. 107k HP is something a newbie player with basic 230 gear used to have. And im not even mentioning the power+mastery stat caps. This imbalance is too extreme and all the endgame content should be properly scaled to the current highest lvl 75, not level locked to lvl 70.

Same downgrade of HP and other power+mastery stats is present on dantooine only slightly better (113k HP max.) so no wonder the turret mission is pretty much near impossible to complete.

And about those missing dailies - im glad you took notice, but im curious - this is first time Pirate Incursion is available since 6.0 -> could it be that it was bugged since then and therefore other things like Galactic Rampage which is missing since the 6.0 start is also bugged in similar fashion?

MasterRummy
11.20.2019 , 02:05 PM | #48
So now that we know we are screwed for this week as most person should hit conquest on 12 to 20 characters easily this week, will Bioware own up to this break and give us another week for pirate incursion? This is BS and needs fixed now or again another free week!

NaiadL
11.20.2019 , 02:34 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by MOAI View Post
Please Return the republic Pirates again quest to how it was originally. It does not need to be made harder. Playing the game should be fun not hard or annoying.
Agreed!

TrixxieTriss
11.20.2019 , 06:48 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Tarackian View Post
I would just like to know why Galactic Rampage was completely removed from the conquest rotation.

Maybe it was a mistake, but since 6.0 there has been no Galactic Rampage conquest objective in addition to all the other objectives that are missing.
Biggest mistake ever. Itís one is the main reasons we canít make conquest in our small guild.