Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Checking In!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

KeithKanneg
11.08.2019 , 04:04 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey everyone,

It has been a while since I put out a post so I figured I would stop into the forums and get an update out to everyone. I’ll provide you with a brief update about what’s coming soon, but first and foremost want to address the issues we’ve been experiencing with our Tulak Hord server this past week. It’s being very stubborn and every time we think we have it nailed, it decides to kick some players from various areas in the game and won’t let them back in for a while. Not a great experience for anyone and I apologize we haven’t fixed it already. We believe it’s an intermittent hardware issue, making it difficult to isolate, so we’re rebuilding that server and will deploy a new one later tonight. We’re going to have to take the European servers down, but we’ll look to get it done while most of you are sleeping. We will let everyone know when we’ve completed the effort.

Let’s talk about Onslaught! Like many of you, I have been really enjoying the expansion and all the changes we made for gearing. I now have quite a few toons up to level 75 and virtually all of them are at Item Rating 306. I’m spending time changing stats of individual items, playing around with amplifiers, and seeing what changes will make me feel OP. What feels good is being able to play anything in the game and benefiting from the new gearing system. I also have read many comments over the past couple weeks about areas you’d like to see changed, and as you’ll see starting with next week’s patch, we are addressing them and will continue refinements over the coming months. Keep the posts coming as they’ve been very helpful to the team.

We are extremely pleased with the launch of the expansion. I don’t want to jinx it, but from the game standpoint, it has been very smooth with relatively minor issues all around (the Tulak Hord server being the exception). We fixed a number of bugs a week following the expansion and we have a number of additional bug fixes being released in next week’s patch likely on Thursday the 14th of November 2019. I know we usually release on Tuesday, but there’s a few items we want to include in this patch, so we gave the team an extra couple days. There is also a little surprise for everyone included with the patch, but we will let you know what’s up on Tuesday.

Patch 6.0.2 will be our last update for 2019 and we’ll target its availability mid-December. It’ll have additional bug fixes along with the following:
  • Life Day returns and has new items for you to enjoy.
  • It’s our 8th year anniversary, so the vendor will have some new items.
  • We’re adding new missions on Mek-Sha, including new heroics.
  • You’ll be able to recruit Tharan for your Consular and as he says, “It’s Tharan, not spelled the dumb way”.
  • Ranked Season 12 for our PvP players begins and winners from last season will get their well-deserved rewards.
  • Crafting changes – it begins! Yes, we’re taking a hard look at crafting and will make some adjustments starting with this patch.

We have Game Update 6.1 planned for early 2020 making its PTS debut in December. When we’re ready to have you take a look, I’ll share more details about the update and give you a glimpse into our future plans for SWTOR. Don’t forget Star Wars™ Celebration is planned for August and in Anaheim, California next year. We’re already making our plans to be there. Would be great to meet a bunch of you at the event! Thanks everyone for making Onslaught a success. Keep your thoughts, concerns, and ideas coming as those are an invaluable source of feedback for the team.

Happy Holidays,

Keith
Keith Kanneg | Game Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Estelindis
11.08.2019 , 04:16 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
  • You’ll be able to recruit Tharan for your Consular and as he says, “It’s Tharan, not spelled the dumb way”.
  • Ranked Season 12 for our PvP players begins and winners from last season will get their well-deserved rewards.
  • Crafting changes – it begins! Yes, we’re taking a hard look at crafting and will make some adjustments starting with this patch.
Thank you for all this, but especially for crafting changes and Tharan's return! Lots of us are enjoying many elements of 6.0, but others are a bit of struggle (*cough*crafting*cough*), so we really needed to hear some hopeful words about the outlook going forwards. Good luck fixing Tulak Horde.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo 🡢 The Progenitor 🡢 Darth Malgus ||
Let's Fix 6.0 Crafting
More love for class companions, please.
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

SaberBrown
11.08.2019 , 04:18 PM | #3
So when are the old operations going to be brought up to the new level cap?

KendraP
11.08.2019 , 04:39 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by SaberBrown View Post
I think I've reached the reasoning on this one.

1. New op being the only level capped content means more people will play the new OP, right???

2. Hey no boss scaling required for old ops because they're still level 70!

3. Now they can add all the new gear they want and only have one op to worry about scaling (or to become easier due to added gear).

See win win! More gear-for-content and less work for BW!

lord-angelus
11.08.2019 , 04:39 PM | #5
Never cause there is no reason to bring them to 75

PhantomWarlock
11.08.2019 , 04:42 PM | #6
^This. It's true - you gave us a huge variety of mods to play with and minmaxing is a lot of fun. But level lock makes most of the decisions completely irrelevant and even actively hinders what many consider normal aspects of gearing (i.e. the Focused Retribution and Serendipitous Assault Relics are affected by the stat cap).

Overall great job tho, apart from level lock this might be my favorite expac so far
GM of <Demolition>
Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/k3cJSF

I licked it, so it's mine.

phalczen
11.08.2019 , 04:48 PM | #7
Thank you for the update, I'm grateful crafting is planned to start being adjusted in mid-December for 6.0.2. I would love to hear what the team is thinking about regarding crafting ASAP. With respect, incremental changes in SWTOR have historically been very slow. So many things become over-nerfed only for it to take years for things to be adjusted. Much of the feedback you see now was already provided to you on PTS. Are you interested in engaging the community prior to mid-December to optimize the delivery of the crafting updates on that date?
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

Ylliarus
11.08.2019 , 04:50 PM | #8
It's really great to see you checking in with us again, Keith, it's very much appreciated! I think it's also safe to assume that people appreciate the fact that you and the team are looking at changes for gearing and crafting, based on the feedback that you have heard here. I am curious to see what changes we'll see!

As to the updates you have mentioned, I have a suggestion that I really wanted to make, as I think it would really fit Onslaught and could be added retroactively.

Spoilers ahead, so for those who don't want to be spoiled, don't read beyond this line!

In Onslaught's story, after we are given the choice to rejoin our original faction or to remain independent, if we choose to rejoin the Empire or Republic our previous titles, positions and holdings are restored within the story. To players who have completed the class stories and have earned the class titles, this has no effect beyond the story. However, I think that this moment in the expansion's narrative is an excellent opportunity to put in a QoL improvement for instant level 60/70 characters or toons that had skipped their class story. Those toons namely, don't have any way to earn or get access to the class titles like Darth, Master, Lord and so on and so forth. This is naturally understandable, as those are titles that should be earned by playing the class story. Yet often, these instant 60/70 characters are made by seasoned players who have finished the class stories multiple times in the past. Especially roleplayers are very keen on making alternate toons of the same character, but one wields a single lightsaber for example and the other a double-bladed, but in their roleplay with others it's the same character.

What I would like to propose, is that instant level 60/70 characters or toons that skipped the class stories, will be granted the class titles for their class at the end of Onslaught if they have rejoined their old faction, under the condition that they have completed the class story they want the class title for at least once before. This could be tracked by ingame systems, by checking whether players have the Legacy achievements for completing the class stories. For example, a Sith Warrior will get the class titles for the Sith Warrior class, and only those for that specific instant level 60/70 toon, and only if they have the achievements for completing Chapter 1, 2 and 3 of the Sith Warrior class story. This way, it could be ensured that no one is being given anything for free and you don't get them by simply making an instant level 60/70 toon, as you have to clear all the content before the point where you'd get the class titles.

While Onslaught is still fresh, so to speak, it might be a good idea to retroactively add this as an afterthought QoL improvement for seasoned SWTOR players who have or make instant level 60/70 tokens. Naturally, if you have completed the Onslaught story already on such a character, you'd be given them retoactively still, because you technically did already put in the effort to clear all the story content prior to the Onslaught faction choice.

I know this is a small thing when compared to the crafting and gearing changes, but to many roleplayers and seasoned players out there this would be a warmly welcomed QoL improvement!
Darth Verova - Master Yuthal
Playing on Darth Malgus [EU]
SWTOR Devotee since November 25th, 2012
And naturally, here is my referral link.

roinopouf
11.08.2019 , 05:01 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by PhantomWarlock View Post
^This. It's true - you gave us a huge variety of mods to play with and minmaxing is a lot of fun. But level lock makes most of the decisions completely irrelevant and even actively hinders what many consider normal aspects of gearing (i.e. the Focused Retribution and Serendipitous Assault Relics are affected by the stat cap).

Overall great job tho, apart from level lock this might be my favorite expac so far
The BiS for lvl 70 is actually different from the real BiS, because all enhancements have to be swapped (you use Proficient instead of Initiave for Crit for instance).
Those are really unnatural builds cause you may gain 300 crit, but at the expanse of a 500+ power losss, which is litterally gone due to sync.

That's ******** in my book.

rtangwai
11.08.2019 , 05:08 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post

Patch 6.0.2 will be our last update for 2019 and we’ll target its availability mid-December. It’ll have additional bug fixes along with the following:

Hi Keith,

Is one of the bugs that is to be squashed the "Follow Target" command not working? I use it so my autistic grandson can play along with me. He does not interact much, he mostly watches but he insists on having his own computer to "play". This command allows his toon to follow mine without him using the keyboard or mouse a lot. He gets upset if I reach over and use his keyboard too much to keep up with my toon.

Thanks!

Robert aka "Keryyn"