Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Don't reverse engineer the good stuff

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Don't reverse engineer the good stuff

Ditoxic
12.31.2011 , 12:07 AM | #1
I got two drops of the first tier pvp boots today so I used reverse engineering on one thinking maybe I could get the recipe or a couple good mats, instead I got a message saying that "No reverse engineering information could be found on this Item" Then it was destroyed. I feel like it should have either not worked or given me something. Just destroying the item for trying to use crafting seems like a bit much.
Thoughts?

EchoTwoOmega
12.31.2011 , 12:10 AM | #2
Reverse engineering generally requires multiple attempts to yield anything. so you may need to reverse engineer 5-10 widgets before you see a new recipe.
Squadron 367

Ditoxic
12.31.2011 , 06:51 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by EchoTwoOmega View Post
Reverse engineering generally requires multiple attempts to yield anything. so you may need to reverse engineer 5-10 widgets before you see a new recipe.
I don't believe that that was the case. I have never seen that mesage before and this was on piece of champion gear. I don't believe that was the case.

Faxxon
12.31.2011 , 06:53 AM | #4
You tried to reverse engineer and epic that is quite evidently a "Unique" item found through the game world through repetitive PvP, also implying you thought crafting PvP gear by reverse engineering it was possible. I can only laugh at you.

Zeel_Aldair
12.31.2011 , 07:00 AM | #5
Well it's still a flaw in the game if it allows you to try and reverse engineer something it can't deal with. I'd point that out to them as a bug Ditoxic. Should be pretty simple to fix.

Ohoni
12.31.2011 , 07:07 AM | #6
Never RE anything that was not crafted by you or another crafter. Some such items yield materials, but rarely enough to offset the cost of the item, and they NEVER give you schematics. Only crafted items yield schematics.