BBA Broken

NeoBlakkrstal

Already accumulated Completed Bounty Contracts, that were in my Legacy Vault, no longer are being recognized by the game. I see that the newly completed missions send the completed contracts directly to my currency tab, but this does nothing for the ones I already had. Nothing was stated about this currency in the weeks leading up to Onslaught, nothing was ever said about them being converted to currency, and I received no compensation for them. I want to be able to convert them to the currency tab like the new ones that I just did today. I earned these contracts, I was saving up to get some stuff from the vendor, and I have been robbed by EAware. I expect this to be fixed ASAP. Oh, and don't bother buying the "tokens" from the vendor that can be exchanged for completed contracts, they use the ones I just got today, and do not touch the ones that I am looking at in my inventory, and I have 14 of them. I heard someone on fleet say that they had hundreds. Way to go EAware, total screw up. But that's as we have come to expect, yet another SNAFU.

Thanks for reporting this issue, I hadn't gotten a chance to run a mission yet. I have over 900 completed contracts in the legacy bank on one server so this is something they really need to address if I can no longer use them.

I reported this back on the 1st after submitting a CS ticket as outlined in this thread

I just completed a henchman and kingpin this evening and can confirm two character-bound completed bounty contracts in my currency tab, that I can use to buy the new legacy bound Completed Contract Tokens, and the 98 pre-6.0 Completed Bounty Contracts sitting in my inventory are still unusable.

So, it would be nice to fix this bioware.

Already accumulated Completed Bounty Contracts, that were in my Legacy Vault, no longer are being recognized by the game. I see that the newly completed missions send the completed contracts directly to my currency tab, but this does nothing for the ones I already had. Nothing was stated about this currency in the weeks leading up to Onslaught, nothing was ever said about them being converted to currency, and I received no compensation for them. I want to be able to convert them to the currency tab like the new ones that I just did today. I earned these contracts, I was saving up to get some stuff from the vendor, and I have been robbed by EAware. I expect this to be fixed ASAP. Oh, and don't bother buying the "tokens" from the vendor that can be exchanged for completed contracts, they use the ones I just got today, and do not touch the ones that I am looking at in my inventory, and I have 14 of them. I heard someone on fleet say that they had hundreds. Way to go EAware, total screw up. But that's as we have come to expect, yet another SNAFU.

Is it really so hard to figure out. Everything you have is still there, however in order to convert those tokens you got in your inventory, i personally, sent them to another char. Once i accepted them from mail, they converted into currency, which you can exchange to another "sendable" BBA currency from BBA vendor, which, in turn, you can send back to char you want, which you can exchange back to actual currency. Note, i really hate this ********.

Is it really so hard to figure out. Everything you have is still there, however in order to convert those tokens you got in your inventory, i personally, sent them to another char. Once i accepted them from mail, they converted into currency, which you can exchange to another "sendable" BBA currency from BBA vendor, which, in turn, you can send back to char you want, which you can exchange back to actual currency. Note, i really hate this ********.

Confirmed this workaround.

1. Took my 98 pre-6.0 Completed Bounty Contracts out of my legacy storage onto character #1's inventory.
  2. Mailed the Completed Bounty Contracts to character #2.
  3. Logged in to Character #2, he had an email with 98 CBCs attached. These were claimed and immediately were deposited into my currency tab, not my inventory.
  4. Then I went to the fleet and purchased the 98 bound-to-legacy Completed Contract Tokens and placed those into legacy storage.

Thanks for posting this workaround! Very helpful!

Thanks for the workaround. With any luck, that should fix the issue for me too. :)

Oddly enough, the Rakghoul DNA thingies I had in my Legacy Storage converted to the new Legacy tokens (and I think the Grey Helix ones did too) but the BBA Completed Contracts were in my Hunters' inventories and did not convert.

Thanks for the workaround. With any luck, that should fix the issue for me too. :)

Oddly enough, the Rakghoul DNA thingies I had in my Legacy Storage converted to the new Legacy tokens (and I think the Grey Helix ones did too) but the BBA Completed Contracts were in my Hunters' inventories and did not convert.

It's not as issue, they deliberately made it this way. Btw, same with gree and rakghoul tokens.

So no chance that it will be fixed? I mean you cannot even sell them. You literally have to destroy them :(

You don’t have to destroy them! Mail them from one of your character’s to another and when you take them from message they will convert to the new version.

Confirmed this workaround.

1. Took my 98 pre-6.0 Completed Bounty Contracts out of my legacy storage onto character #1's inventory.
  2. Mailed the Completed Bounty Contracts to character #2.
  3. Logged in to Character #2, he had an email with 98 CBCs attached. These were claimed and immediately were deposited into my currency tab, not my inventory.
  4. Then I went to the fleet and purchased the 98 bound-to-legacy Completed Contract Tokens and placed those into legacy storage.

Thanks for posting this workaround! Very helpful!

All new completed contracts are bound to the character that completed it, so now, in order to transfer these to another toon, you must BUY the tokens, and place the tokens in your legacy bay. Well now, doesn't this stink. Another wonderful Idea from the people that brought you beeeeeeer milkshakes!

I also don't enjoy the ideea of being bound to legacy since previous to 6.0 you could use them as you seen fit, even sell them if you don't buy stuff, now if I allready have the items from bba vendors, it's pointless to even do the event. Or at least the new tokkens could've been sold or tradable between people, but again only legacy. But anyways nice improvements in this patch.

At least with the tokens in the legacy bank, I could buy things on whichever toon I wanted. Now with them being character bound we're ... I don't want to think about it. Well, my sub runs out next week, now I know for sure I won't be renewing it.

Its not brock as you say. It just changed to stop players selling the contract on gtn not sure why BW has done this and was not in the patch notes, or must have missed it. The issue for me with it becoming a currency is that the venders are not updated with new items. Also from a practical point of view it was pointless removing other types of currency if BW are just adding items like this to it. Shame as I sold all mine BH contracts on GTN myself and was a nice income as I sold mine for 200k a lot less than most others. Mainly because there's nothing on the venders worth having so no pont in holding onto them. Well all good things as they say.

Its not brock as you say. It just changed to stop players selling the contract on gtn not sure why BW has done this and was not in the patch notes, or must have missed it. The issue for me with it becoming a currency is that the venders are not updated with new items. Also from a practical point of view it was pointless removing other types of currency if BW are just adding items like this to it. Shame as I sold all mine BH contracts on GTN myself and was a nice income as I sold mine for 200k a lot less than most others. Mainly because there's nothing on the venders worth having so no pont in holding onto them. Well all good things as they say.

for the same reason they implemented all the other credit sinks: to drain credits (no possibility to sell the contracts = less credits around)

And more income in the CM from players who buy sub or CC. And afford to buy expensive sets. Well at least we know where this is going. Unfortunately I subbed just to pay my debt to the devs for creating this game after I finished the stories in f2p and pref status. The game desearved it, now there is only greed until they shut it down. I think they would've had more ppl in and subs with minor changes, good example shadow of revan, the peak of this game, in my opinion.

for the same reason they implemented all the other credit sinks: to drain credits (no possibility to sell the contracts = less credits around)

You are totally wrong here, selling contracts doesn't generate any new credits, in fact, exact opposite is true: selling them on GTN removes credits from economy due to 8% fee.

So the one who sold them didn‘t make credits :rak_02:

Just selling them on the GTN doesn't create credits, just moves the money around between the players, with the fee that takes out credits.

On the other hand, players doing the bounty contracts for selling them afterwards, still generated credits via the quest reward. I don't think they were sold for enough money to negate that gain, so as a whole it added to the mass of credits in the game.

Though since not just BBA but Gree and Thorn token were changed too, money alone couldn't have been the reason.

So we can't sell them anymore? That sucks.

It more than sucks... this still is the worst gated event in the game....

let say you want to buy that dye schematic... costs 50 tokens, how long would it take a single character to get those 50 tokens? well lets see, 7 days, of event yields 7, event only repeats every 6 weeks, and it takes 7 to collect enough for ONE (if you buy 1 kingpin for each of the first 3)....

... Grand total? 43 weeks to purchase a a single item.

Looks like this is an intentional change. Something else that worked great and it now ruined. I'm done with the BBA. I seen very few people working it tonight so I thought I would hammer out some contracts for a droid skin. Nope I'm done. I'm not buying tokens to transfer contracts around. 6.0 has skyrocketed all costs across the board. Now this.

Just selling them on the GTN doesn't create credits, just moves the money around between the players, with the fee that takes out credits.

On the other hand, players doing the bounty contracts for selling them afterwards, still generated credits via the quest reward. I don't think they were sold for enough money to negate that gain, so as a whole it added to the mass of credits in the game.

Though since not just BBA but Gree and Thorn token were changed too, money alone couldn't have been the reason.

Huh. That makes sense, didn‘t think of all the angles, thanks for explaining.

But then I really don‘t see any benefit for anyone really, it seems to be a totally pointless change then as if BW was thinking, quick, let’s change something else, no matter what, just change it so it looks new :confused: