Partial Alacrity / GCD Chart - In Progress - Will Eventually Put On My Website

orig_mrrabbit

This information applies for only the three specs listed below. I do not entertain, nor support the "Magic Number" Kool Aid or Religion that so many people seem to practice while ignoring the test dummy on their own personal starship.

Test Parameters:

1. Test Dummy on Personal Starship

2. Starparse activated - "Parse" button only.

3. Instant Cast - No Cost - Spammable Ability

4. Micro Spam Mouse Button OR Micro Spam Key

5. Count 40 Activations - STOP

(Last Activation Timestamp) / (40 Activations - 1 Activation) = Raw GCD

The Three I Have So Far:

Powertech - Pyrotech <--- Correction and Update

2038 Alacrity Points

5.6 /s Heat Dissapation Rate

1.38 GCD Raw GCD Result (Good indication this toon has 10-15 points beyond what is needed.)

Actual GCD = 1.4 /s

Sorcerer - Corruption

2577 Alacrity Points

9.1 /s Force Regen Rate

1.3983 Raw GCD Result

Actual GCD = 1.4 /s

Mercenary - Bodyguard

2313 Alacrity Points

1.3988 Raw GCD Result

Actual GCD = 1.4 /s

Again, my chart is a work in progress . . . I'll be posting it soon on my website . . . and linking it for interested folks in Fleet Chat on occasion.

=8-)

Edited by orig_mrrabbit

This is similar to dipstik’s results which I told you about in the other thread.

At any rate, it’s not kool aid or voodoo. It’s mathematics. The formulae were derived on PTS for the new conversion of alacrity rating to percentage, it was confirmed on PTS to still be rounding to tenths of a second, and the percentages needed to reduce the GCD to those whole amounts hasn’t changed since 5.x. You have confirmed that alacrity is still benefiting the global cooldown.

There may be reasons to shoot higher than a specific alacrity target for individual specs based on their abilities casts, channels, and cooldowns. But that’s not the goal of your testing.

This is similar to dipstik’s results which I told you about in the other thread.

At any rate, it’s not kool aid or voodoo. It’s mathematics. The formulae were derived on PTS for the new conversion of alacrity rating to percentage, it was confirmed on PTS to still be rounding to tenths of a second, and the percentages needed to reduce the GCD to those whole amounts hasn’t changed since 5.x. You have confirmed that alacrity is still benefiting the global cooldown.

There may be reasons to shoot higher than a specific alacrity target for individual specs based on their abilities casts, channels, and cooldowns. But that’s not the goal of your testing.

The Kool Aid or Religion occurs when someone who is too lazy to do their own testing . . .

. . . . enters Fleet Chat and declares:

"1860 Alacrity is the break point for a 1.3 GCD for all dps and heals specs."

To which I reply every time:

"That's not how it works. You have a test dummy, do your own testing!"

=8-)

since all healers have casts and channels i would hope they arent assuming everything is a gcd, sicne that is all that people are talking about when they are talking alacrity breakpoints.

i would be interested in diagnostic scan activations as a function of alacrity, as well as kolto pack, to see if there is any sort of rounding there. then you would want to optimize alacrity by seeing what fraction of your "rotation" (also not a thing for healers) is gcd vs. cast based and use something between the breakpoints (although if you are at a breakpoint you technically dont waste any alacrity for any portion of your rotation).

The Kool Aid or Religion occurs when someone who is too lazy to do their own testing . . .

. . . . enters Fleet Chat and declares:

"1860 Alacrity is the break point for a 1.3 GCD for all dps and heals specs."

To which I reply every time:

"That's not how it works. You have a test dummy, do your own testing!"

=8-)

Actually no, the test dummy doesn't help you derive what the goal alacrity rating is to achieve a certain GCD.

The reduction from 1.5s GCD to a 1.4s GCD is entirely determined by a fixed value, that is, the Alacrity Percentage on your character sheet. If or until the developers decide to modify that, the Alacrity Percentage you require to reduce your global cooldown is always going to be 15.39%. That's math, and that's how that works.

In order to determine the Alacrity Rating that generates a certain alacrity percentage, you need to put on different pieces of gear and what alacrity percentage that generates. Then, using various forms of mathematics, you could try to derive an equation by which you can predict, with great accuracy, the resulting alacrity percentage from a given alacrity rating.

This process is entirely independent of the test dummy. There isn't any testing that you could do on the test dummy that would help you figure that equation out. So, you either need to derive it yourself, if you have the mathematical background, or look it up on the forums, or ask in Fleet Chat. I won't take credit for deriving the equations, that was done with the work of smarter folks than I. I will however be happy to point people to the thread where it was derived (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=966583) and educate people, especially my guild mates, on what the value is.

You are, however, correct, that the value will not be the same for disciplines that have bonuses to their alacrity percentage. But, that cannot be determined by the test dummy any more than the equation can.

Also, its not 1860, its 3208 now.

since all healers have casts and channels i would hope they arent assuming everything is a gcd, sicne that is all that people are talking about when they are talking alacrity breakpoints.

i would be interested in diagnostic scan activations as a function of alacrity, as well as kolto pack, to see if there is any sort of rounding there. then you would want to optimize alacrity by seeing what fraction of your "rotation" (also not a thing for healers) is gcd vs. cast based and use something between the breakpoints (although if you are at a breakpoint you technically dont waste any alacrity for any portion of your rotation).

So, I haven't done Diagnostic Scan, but I have done some of this for Seer Sage

Healing Trance, which is sort of like DS except it uses Force, by default, has a base channel of 2.7s and a cooldown of 9s. That means that at the default GCD of 1.5s, the channel of HT requires 2 GCD and the ability will be back up in 6 GCDs.

So, if you wanted to get HT off in one, say, 1.4 second GCD, you would need 48.52% alacrity percentage. Not only is that not possible under current stat budgets, even with the Mental Alacrity buff, but the global cooldown isn't 1.4s at that much alacrity either. Its only 1.1s, which means that its impossible to get all four ticks of HT in a GCD.

However, you CAN get healing trance to be back available (off cooldown) in fewer than six GCDs. You can only do this under Mental Alacrity, but you also don't need any more than the usual 15.4% alacrity percentage.

1. At 15.4% alacrity percentage the usual GCD is 1.3s
  2. Under Mental Alacrity, the alacrity percentage becomes 35.4% which brings you into the territory of a 1.2s GCD for the duration of the effects
  3. the cooldown of healing trance, at 35.4% alacrity, is 5.82 seconds.
  4. Five global cooldowns, if the GCD is 1.2s, take 6 seconds
  5. Thus, you can get healing trance back one GCD sooner by popping Mental Alacrity before using HT

These conditions are also true for Wandering Mend, FWIW.

EDIT: It was possible, in the 5.x era, to shoot for 2036 alacrity rating on sages and get your alacrity percentage to 16.37%. This would result in an alacrity % of 36.37% under MA which was over the breakpoint for a 1.1s GCD. However, with the shorter GCD, you don't have enough reduction in the cooldowns of HT or WM to get them back any sooner than nine and five respectively. That was true in 5.x and true now. The problem is that now in the 6.0 era you need so much more Alacrity Rating to hit 16.36%, you need 3514. I'm not sure the brief period of time of a 1.1s GCD is enough of a reason to sacrifice another 300+ points of critical rating, so there's probably no reason to shoot beyond 15.4% in the 6.0 era.

Lastly, Kolto Pack is a stationary cast, so the comparison ability for Sages is Deliverance.

TL, DR: there is no achievable level of alacrity that would let you get Deliverance off within a single GCD. It will always take a minimum of 2 GCDs even with 16.4% alacrity percentage and popping Mental Alacrity. I suspect Kolto Pack has similar numbers, but I can double check them later tonight.

I can work out the calculations for DS a little later tonight once I get the base values.

Edited by phalczen

Actually no, the test dummy doesn't help you derive what the goal alacrity rating is to achieve a certain GCD.

The reduction from 1.5s GCD to a 1.4s GCD is entirely determined by a fixed value, that is, the Alacrity Percentage on your character sheet. If or until the developers decide to modify that, the Alacrity Percentage you require to reduce your global cooldown is always going to be 15.39%. That's math, and that's how that works.

In order to determine the Alacrity Rating that generates a certain alacrity percentage, you need to put on different pieces of gear and what alacrity percentage that generates. Then, using various forms of mathematics, you could try to derive an equation by which you can predict, with great accuracy, the resulting alacrity percentage from a given alacrity rating.

This process is entirely independent of the test dummy. There isn't any testing that you could do on the test dummy that would help you figure that equation out. So, you either need to derive it yourself, if you have the mathematical background, or look it up on the forums, or ask in Fleet Chat. I won't take credit for deriving the equations, that was done with the work of smarter folks than I. I will however be happy to point people to the thread where it was derived (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=966583) and educate people, especially my guild mates, on what the value is.

You are, however, correct, that the value will not be the same for disciplines that have bonuses to their alacrity percentage. But, that cannot be determined by the test dummy any more than the equation can.

You're splitting hairs, arguing the theoretical, focusing on an exact alacrity figure that arrives at an exact percentage with exact GCD breakpoints, atributitng to me that which is not mine - and in doing so - attacking a position I have not taken,

That's called a strawman.

The test dummy will allow you to determine what is the point at OR slightly past that will give you a targeted GCD.

I was very purposely listing the raw GCD number so people can tell that there's a small excess in alacrity points - the Powertech Pyrotech with 1.38 raw GCD result being a perfect example.

=8-)

I'm not entirely positive what you are trying to do here, but if it is to "disprove" the math behind GCDs, then all you have really done is support it. Using the math that the game uses to calculate GCDs, and alacrity percents (which does in fact work and, if discovered, allows us to predict exactly how the game will operate):

- with 2038 alacrity (your Powertech), we would expect a 1.35 GCD - significantly different from your purported 1.38s GCD.

- with 2577 alacrity (your Sorc) we would expect a 1.325 GCD - again, way off your 1.3983 GCD.

- with 2313 alacrity (your Merc) we would expect a 1.3375s GCD - once again, far less than your 1.3988s GCD.

All you have done is show that, within reasonable error given a sample size of 40, all of those GCDs are in fact 1.4s GCDs, becuase the game rounds GCDs up to the nearest 0.1s.

Other testing, on other classes, with far larger samples have shown that alacrity formula and GCD formula are correct, and are the same for all classes.

But, if you want to test all this for yourself, grab any toon, and increase alacrity by ~100 at a time, doing parses with every increase. What you will find is that ay just above 7%, 15%, 25%, 36%, and 50% (although only 7 & 15 are reachable through gear alone) your GCD will decrease by 0.1s, and otherwise remain unchanged.Further, you will notice that every toon reaches these %s at the same amount of alacrity points, unless they are a toon with an alacrity buff due to their spec (Arsenal and Carnage, and Lightning if you build the stacks).

I'm not entirely positive what you are trying to do here, but if it is to "disprove" the math behind GCDs, then all you have really done is support it. Using the math that the game uses to calculate GCDs, and alacrity percents (which does in fact work and, if discovered, allows us to predict exactly how the game will operate):

- with 2038 alacrity (your Powertech), we would expect a 1.35 GCD - significantly different from your purported 1.38s GCD.

- with 2577 alacrity (your Sorc) we would expect a 1.325 GCD - again, way off your 1.3983 GCD.

- with 2313 alacrity (your Merc) we would expect a 1.3375s GCD - once again, far less than your 1.3988s GCD.

All you have done is show that, within reasonable error given a sample size of 40, all of those GCDs are in fact 1.4s GCDs, becuase the game rounds GCDs up to the nearest 0.1s.

Other testing, on other classes, with far larger samples have shown that alacrity formula and GCD formula are correct, and are the same for all classes.

But, if you want to test all this for yourself, grab any toon, and increase alacrity by ~100 at a time, doing parses with every increase. What you will find is that ay just above 7%, 15%, 25%, 36%, and 50% (although only 7 & 15 are reachable through gear alone) your GCD will decrease by 0.1s, and otherwise remain unchanged.Further, you will notice that every toon reaches these %s at the same amount of alacrity points, unless they are a toon with an alacrity buff due to their spec (Arsenal and Carnage, and Lightning if you build the stacks).

And again, the strawman argument.

Not

Trying

To

Prove

Anything

Nor

Am

I

Questioning

The

Formula

Nor

Am

I'm

Not

Noticing

Anything

Etc

Etc

Just providing 3 examples for those looking to see what other people have for their toons operating at 1.4 GCD.

It's 3 because that's all I've tested on so far - and all have anywhere from a few to maybe even a couple dozen points wasted in alacrity that could go into another stat.

=8-)

This information applies for only the three specs listed below. I do not entertain, nor support the "Magic Number" Kool Aid or Religion that so many people seem to practice while ignoring the test dummy on their own personal starship.

Test Parameters:

1. Test Dummy on Personal Starship

2. Starparse activated - "Parse" button only.

3. Instant Cast - No Cost - Spammable Ability

4. Micro Spam Mouse Button OR Micro Spam Key

5. Count 40 Activations - STOP

(Last Activation Timestamp) / (40 Activations - 1 Activation) = Raw GCD

The Three I Have So Far:

Powertech - Pyrotech <--- Correction and Update

2038 Alacrity Points

1.38 GCD Raw GCD Result (Good indication this toon has 10-15 points beyond what is needed.)

Actual GCD = 1.4 /s

Sorcerer - Corruption

2577 Alacrity Points

9.1 /s Force Regen Rate

1.3983 Raw GCD Result

Actual GCD = 1.4 /s

Mercenary - Bodyguard

2313 Alacrity Points

1.3988 Raw GCD Result

Actual GCD = 1.4 /s

Again, my chart is a work in progress . . . I'll be posting it soon on my website . . . and linking it for interested folks in Fleet Chat on occasion.

=8-)

Forget the nay sayers. I appreciate the info and I’m looking forward to some numbers for sins, maras and Juggs

Thanks for that post. Much appreciated.

I am not sure what exactly you are sharing with us. Seems like you reached some random alacrity amounts and decided to check how that affects the GCD. Which is cool. I mean, your math is only approximate but more or less correct.

But if the numbers you listed are the supposed "best" alacrity values for those 3 specs, you are completely wrong.

I am not sure what exactly you are sharing with us. Seems like you reached some random alacrity amounts and decided to check how that affects the GCD. Which is cool. I mean, your math is only approximate but more or less correct.

But if the numbers you listed are the supposed "best" alacrity values for those 3 specs, you are completely wrong.

. . . and another strawman.

:rolleyes:

=8-|

Forget the nay sayers. I appreciate the info and I’m looking forward to some numbers for sins, maras and Juggs

Thank you!

Typically my toons will have some excess points in their alacrity stats.

Last night, as part of making certain I'm on the latest tier of mods, I let the sorc drop from 2577 to 2566.

She retained her 9.1 / Force Regen and her 1.4 GCD.

Most likely, I'll be leveling my Arsenal Mercenary next.

=8-)

So, I have some input on this as well. Back on the PTS, I had a couple of friends who did 'frame testing' and reported that there was some discrepancy between alacrity thresholds and partial thresholds. E.G. you don't need 3200 for 1.3 and it could be somewhere in-between. I'm not sure if this is the case or not 100% but it's been my belief that the GCD is effected how this thread states. Again, I'm not sure of it myself and more testing needs to be done.

What doesn't sound right is that there shouldn't be a discrepancy between a merc bodyguard and pyro pt. Those classes have no passive alacrity buff and as far as I know, the game doesn't calculate them any differently from other classes without passive alacrity buffs so they should be the same. There's probably some error in testing methodology there. Might be lag or software related.

If you want a for sure way to test, go grab a virulence sniper. They have lethal shot, which isn't channeled or an instant. It has a straight activation time that is effected by how much alacrity you have, independent of breakpoints. I have about 1.37 or something on it right now, and you could test with rifle shot to see if the amount of abilities in the same time frame lines up with the amount of LS's you can do.

So, I have some input on this as well. Back on the PTS, I had a couple of friends who did 'frame testing' and reported that there was some discrepancy between alacrity thresholds and partial thresholds. E.G. you don't need 3200 for 1.3 and it could be somewhere in-between. I'm not sure if this is the case or not 100% but it's been my belief that the GCD is effected how this thread states. Again, I'm not sure of it myself and more testing needs to be done.

Dipstick already did the statistical test proving that the GCD is rounded up to the nearest tenth, just as before, for the PTS. I confirmed that in the other thread post live.

And, Mr Rabbit’s results also confirm the results. There is now plenty of evidence that the GCD is still rounding up to the nearest tenth of a second just like in 5.x. His premise that there is “wasted alacrity” though, is misleading and incomplete, because all mr rabbit did is check the basic attack. For corruption sorcs/Seer sages with lots of casts and channels more alacrity may be necessary, as I replied to dipstik’s question earlier in the thread. Different alacrity percentages may be required to get an ability’s cooldown or cast time or channel time within a certain number of global cooldowns beyond what alacrity is required to lower the GCD, which isn’t “wasted alacrity.”

Mr Rabbit isn’t claiming to be providing an optimal rotation, though, so within the narrow confines of GCD threshold his terminology is basically correct. I don’t know if he realizes it, but his test confirms what myself and others found previously. I do strongly disagree with his methodology. I think the more precise way is to run the test for a sufficiently long period of time, rather than counting ability activations. StarParse will count the number of ability activations for you and give you the stop time so that you can calculate the APM. The one it reports after analyzing the combat log will be artificially lower because of the several seconds of delay until the training dummy exits combat, so you need to use the time of the last hit of the basic attack to calcuate the true APM. APM will be statistically significantly different with a 1.5s GCD than a 1.4s GCD after doing about 84 seconds worth of testing on each. You need to run the test for about 4:33 if you are checking the 1.3s GCD because the least common multiple of 15, 14, and 13 is much higher. You also don’t need to have StarParse running in the background because you can just have it parse the combat log offline. Running fewer programs in the background means less chance for latency causing errors or delays in your button presses getting registered. There’s more chance for errors in counting ability activations so it’s better to set a timer or stopwatch and let StarParse count for you as I did in my test linked above.

At any rate, people will either need to test on the dummies or construct models to determine the right amount of alacrity for a given roatation and discipline. This may indicate the value of alacrity beyond that which is needed to reach a certain GCD threshold. But that is beyond the scope of Mr Rabbit’s described testing, which, although not stated explicitly, just confirms the rounding up to tenths of a second.

Dipstick already did the statistical test proving that the GCD is rounded up to the nearest tenth, just as before, for the PTS. I confirmed that in the other thread post live.

And, Mr Rabbit’s results also confirm the results. There is now plenty of evidence that the GCD is still rounding up to the nearest tenth of a second just like in 5.x. His premise that there is “wasted alacrity” though, is misleading and incomplete, because all mr rabbit did is check the basic attack. For corruption sorcs/Seer sages with lots of casts and channels more alacrity may be necessary, as I replied to dipstik’s question earlier in the thread. Different alacrity percentages may be required to get an ability’s cooldown or cast time or channel time within a certain number of global cooldowns beyond what alacrity is required to lower the GCD, which isn’t “wasted alacrity.”

Mr Rabbit isn’t claiming to be providing an optimal rotation, though, so within the narrow confines of GCD threshold his terminology is basically correct. I don’t know if he realizes it, but his test confirms what myself and others found previously. I do strongly disagree with his methodology. I think the more precise way is to run the test for a sufficiently long period of time, rather than counting ability activations. StarParse will count the number of ability activations for you and give you the stop time so that you can calculate the APM. The one it reports after analyzing the combat log will be artificially lower because of the several seconds of delay until the training dummy exits combat, so you need to use the time of the last hit of the basic attack to calcuate the true APM. APM will be statistically significantly different with a 1.5s GCD than a 1.4s GCD after doing about 84 seconds worth of testing on each. You need to run the test for about 4:33 if you are checking the 1.3s GCD because the least common multiple of 15, 14, and 13 is much higher. You also don’t need to have StarParse running in the background because you can just have it parse the combat log offline. Running fewer programs in the background means less chance for latency causing errors or delays in your button presses getting registered. There’s more chance for errors in counting ability activations so it’s better to set a timer or stopwatch and let StarParse count for you as I did in my test linked above.

At any rate, people will either need to test on the dummies or construct models to determine the right amount of alacrity for a given roatation and discipline. This may indicate the value of alacrity beyond that which is needed to reach a certain GCD threshold. But that is beyond the scope of Mr Rabbit’s described testing, which, although not stated explicitly, just confirms the rounding up to tenths of a second.

And now you are not just resorting to strawmans, but now deliberate misrepresentation.

To win what argument?

I didn't present one.

I stated very clearly for each of the three:

"Raw GCD Result = "

" Actual GCD = "

That IS an explicit presentation of Bioware's rounding down.

Which IS also a likely indicator that one or more of the listed toons has more alacrity points than needed for the GCD tier threshold.

=8-|

Criticizing your methodology isn’t a straw man argument, it’s called peer review, and it’s the basis for all modern research papers.

I’m not misrepresenting anything, I’m interpreting your data in the context of other relevant research and coming to a conclusion.

Just providing 3 examples for those looking to see what other people have for their toons operating at 1.4 GCD.

Wow. All I got out of this were tested results you got from your own findings and a thread to share that with others who might want to use the same numbers you did for alacrity to get what you got. I viewed it as a helpful post.

No idea why others view this as something to be argued over and debated. How about you guys adding your own helpful findings to the forums instead of trying to drum up a fight with someone that is just trying to be helpful.

I am one of those "lazy" people that is awful at math and I appreciate any guides or input on what numbers equate to in performance on games. Thanks. :p

No idea why others view this as something to be argued over and debated.

1. Welcome to the internet - a place where people can be free of arguments and debate.

2. The OP tried to disprove hard math with what George W. Bush called "fuzzy math". Thus he got taken to school.

1. Welcome to the internet - a place where people can be free of arguments and debate.

2. The OP tried to disprove hard math with what George W. Bush called "fuzzy math". Thus he got taken to school.

Are the numbers he provided wrong and shouldn't be used as a stat line, is that what you are saying?

I didn't see anyone correct his numbers or say that they were wrong and not to be used; most of the debate is how the numbers were achieved.

As for how the math was done and how he got his numbers I don't even care, I am just glad when guys like him do the math and come back with proper baseline stats for us to try to match for optimum performance with alacrity.

Anyway people just like arguing over side details that really have nothing to do with the gist of the thread/post, which is what I think happened here. I just hope the dude doesn't get discouraged and never posts again.

To the OP, I appreciate anything you share with the forums, have you played with alacrity on assassin yet or arsenal merc?

As for how the math was done and how he got his numbers I don't even care, I am just glad when guys like him do the math and come back with proper baseline stats for us to try to match for optimum performance with alacrity.

But that's not what he did nor was it what the OP claimed to do, because the OP didn't test a rotation or anything, he just tested the basic attack spam.

Anyway people just like arguing over side details that really have nothing to do with the gist of the thread/post, which is what I think happened here.

So, the methodology actually does matter, because if the test is too short, you are not likely to see a difference in abilities per minute. If the OP ran the test for ten seconds, the APM would likely come out exactly the same, demonstrating nothing. That's the difference between "statistically significant different" and "clinically significant difference."

Additionally, the OP ran the test by counting ability activations. This is fraught with performance error, and since the OP is clearly using StarParse, unnecessary, as StarParse will tell you how many ability activations there were.

I do not entertain, nor support the "Magic Number" Kool Aid or Religion that so many people seem to practice while ignoring the test dummy on their own personal starship.

So, by referring to drinking the Kool Aid (a reference to the mass suicide of the cult members of Jim Jones) the OP is insinuating that people who ask what Alacrity Rating X is necessary for a GCD of Y, or the people that disseminate that information, are somehow delusional, or cultish.

Folks!

Seriously, stop running around expecting someone else to provide the alacrity Kool Aid or Religion for you.

Do your OWN testing on your personal starship using your OWN test dummy each time you make any gearing changes to your toon.

Again, insinuating that people who ask the question of what is the new alacrity rating breakpoints are somehow lazy or unmotivated.

Let me be crystal clear: He's right that people need to do their own testing, to figure out how alacrity might affect their individual abilities, cooldowns, channels, and casts, and whether they get more dps or hps from critical or more APM. But the testing he did at the beginning of the thread, and the testing he proposed in ReeRoo's thread, do not answer that question.

Furthermore, as I explained, the breakpoints are determined by math. They are objective. There is no amount of delusion or religion implied or required.

Here is my interpretation of his data:

The OP provided three classes, none of whom have any innate alacrity bonuses, at levels of alacrity rating far above the breakpoint for a 1.4s GCD and far below the 1.3s GCD breakpoint, and demonstrated that that GCD for his test was behaving exactly as predicted.

I actually do appreciate that the OP confirmed what I reported here which confirms the testing dipstik did on PTS.

Are the numbers he provided wrong and shouldn't be used as a stat line, is that what you are saying?

I didn't see anyone correct his numbers or say that they were wrong and not to be used; most of the debate is how the numbers were achieved.

Anyway people just like arguing over side details that really have nothing to do with the gist of the thread/post, which is what I think happened here. I just hope the dude doesn't get discouraged and never posts again.

To the OP, I appreciate anything you share with the forums, have you played with alacrity on assassin yet or arsenal merc?

I have sin dps - but she'll be the last that'll be leveled.

I'm about to launch the story on my Arsenal Merc - she'll be the toon that'll actually do the new xpac story.

Would be nice to find out how her rough stats turn out for a 1.4 GCD compared to the Pyrotech and the Bodyguard.

Then up after will probably be the Carnage Marauder - as I am curious to see if the speed ups in rotation causes the CD on the attack adrenal to shorten...

It'll be awhile before I level my tanks - as they'll be dependent upon the others to get gear via the new Loot Discipline avenue.

I'm shying away from leveling my Op Heals anytime soon - my best healer just so happens to have the most expensive augments to remove - the legendary augs from 5.8.

This game has gotten damn expensive...

=8-|

I'm about to launch the story on my Arsenal Merc - she'll be the toon that'll actually do the new xpac story.

When you play it, if you find anything noteworthy regarding gear sets, tacticals, or anything else share with the forums. :)

But that's not what he did nor was it what the OP claimed to do, because the OP didn't test a rotation or anything, he just tested the basic attack spam. So...

Well, I see. I guess there was a history between the OP and many others already regarding this topic in another thread. I just found it odd that he got so much flak for his post now I see why.

I still appreciate the effort and time the OP did as well as you guys testing and then sharing what you find with the forums.