Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

TOR password is Origin password?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
TOR password is Origin password?

nullifi
12.13.2011 , 05:51 PM | #1
I changed my Origin password, and couldn't login to TOR anymore. After a while thinking it was something up with the login server, right before resetting my password I decided on a whim to try my Origin password. It had been changed. Does this seem like a security vulnerability to anyone else?

MMO's are rich targets for keyloggers, and if that password is a direct link to your Origin account, that opens up all kinds of nasty surprises if your account gets hacked.

sladiewolf
12.13.2011 , 05:53 PM | #2
Agreed, I also thought that was rather poorly thought out.

Also why I'm getting an authenticator as an extra precaution. I don't like the idea of it at all.
The Gamers House Wife

Packetdancer
12.13.2011 , 05:54 PM | #3
EA's trying to go to a single-signon system for all their stuff -- Origin, SWTOR, etc. Security aside, this is actually by design; it's buried somewhere in one of the FAQs.
Pahke Stardancer (Jedi Sentinel, Save Taris) / Random CS Forum Participant
Writer, photographer, software engineer, GAMER.

docTOR: SWTOR Launcher Troubleshooting Guide

Tepetkhet
12.13.2011 , 05:57 PM | #4
I sort of had a similar issue, but mine was that I just couldn't sign into SWTOR's site at all until after I reset my Origin password. The thing is, I reset it to the same thing I had been using all along on both sites.

See this thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=10177

-T.

nullifi
12.13.2011 , 07:12 PM | #5
I bought a security key, which is what prompted this whole thing. I decided to change my origin password, since it was one of my random temporary passwords. I'm glad they have authenticators, I love these things.