Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Changing font size in game

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Changing font size in game
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Firedraggin
12.31.2011 , 06:14 AM | #41
Please add me to this list as well, playing on a HDTV really sucks when I only have choices between Squint or move my couch 3 feet forward.

DarkKoxxxafloppn
01.01.2012 , 09:41 AM | #42
I have a 52" I'm playing on and I can't read text either. So I hope they do an update quick cause I'm starting to lose interest in the game.

SelinaH
01.01.2012 , 10:29 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by apmanley View Post
Agreed. A UI scale needs to be added. One of the developer blogs had said that we would have the option to change our font sizes, so I'm not sure why we don't. Also, how do you change the chat font size?
Right-click on the chat tab at the top of the chat window and you should get a drop-down menu that includes a "Font Size" option.

Whoreizon
01.01.2012 , 01:29 PM | #44
Add me to the list.

Nylonica
01.01.2012 , 06:28 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by KarrisThanor View Post
I have been struggling for a while now to change the entire game font size to larger than it is at default. It is way too small for me to see. I managed to adjust the chat font size, but everything else is super tiny. Help please
You can't. The people making this game think its only kids with ultra vision who play it apparently.

Try World of Warcraft, you can change all aspects there, getting readable text is nothing but a mod away.
--
Bioware, I need bigger fonts in the entire interface if I am to stay around. (That means tooltips, codex, talent trees, and not just the damn chat)

Durzaka
01.01.2012 , 06:32 PM | #46
I am 18 and i have no trouble seeing things on a small smart phone screen, but the text in game makes my eyes hurt.

I cant even see the name of an ability under its cast bar.

I support changing font size.
Durzaka Retribution

Nylonica
01.01.2012 , 06:34 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Pwny_Express View Post
I don't think you can right now other than changing your resolution, but hopefully it's a feature they will add as I can't read some of the smaller UI and tooltip texts either.

Why do people always say "change resolution" ? Ever try it? IT DOESN'T WORK - they just scale the interface so it takes up the same physical amount of space. ie, doesn't get larger.
--
Bioware, I need bigger fonts in the entire interface if I am to stay around. (That means tooltips, codex, talent trees, and not just the damn chat)

Nylonica
01.01.2012 , 06:40 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Nickter View Post
is because your on a tv.
No, its because its a pathetically small font size that looks crop on a computer monitor as well.
--

Nylonica
01.01.2012 , 06:41 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by MerleCorey View Post
DEVS, Please consider this a hot list item. Your folks with eyes older than 40 Terran years have genetic disadvantages here!
They have less than a month, no way I'm going to keep paying a company to discriminate people.
--

Kelthermor
01.01.2012 , 09:24 PM | #50
"Quick fix: change resolution" When I opened a ticket in-game.

The fix, it does nothing

Very fun game, too bad it's unplayable for me.