Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware, you suck with continuity

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Bioware, you suck with continuity

Hrisskar
12.31.2011 , 05:20 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by JediArchives View Post
Look out the window on Carrick Station to see the Republic Fleet. Also do some space combat...Hammerheads are everywhere.
Those are Thranta-class corvettes. [1][2]

MasterKai's point is that the Thranta-class corvette has completely replaced the Hammerhead-class cruiser, despite the Hammerhead's continued use well up until 1,000 BBY.

ZalTaur
12.31.2011 , 05:30 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DrMcbeefington View Post
The continuity errors have nothing to do with the series being big. It's the fact that someone didn't do their homework and the lazy ***/asses thought people would just ignore this error and continue playing like good little sheep.
Meanwhile, back outside Nerdville...

Quote:
Over a million gamers worldwide celebrated the holidays in front of their PCs with ... Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. Over this past weekend, players continued to flood the servers of the fastest-growing subscription MMO in history, immersing themselves in the game for over 5.5 million hours. Star Wars: The Old Republic is also proving to be a critical smash hit...
Apparently, nobody cares, not even the nerds at BioWare who get paid to be nerds.

Hrisskar
12.31.2011 , 05:36 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
And where did you get the info on HH-Class being used all the way to 1,000 BBY? The only known ones were all Old Republic.
Darth Bane: Path of Destruction features the Hammerhead-class cruiser as the backbone of the Republic fleet during the First Battle of Ruusan.

Adryn
12.31.2011 , 06:07 AM | #24
holy crap i did not realise that.
Retconning this and that is one thing but how could they not see the knock on effect it has to a HUGE amount of the EU.

If sadow died on korriban not yavin then his spirit (bound to his tomb) on yavin 4 would never have taught freedon nadd, if nadd never went dark side then the entire history of onderon is changed and the freedon nadd uprising never happened, ulic and exar kun were never pushed to the dark side and the sith wars never happened and so on and so on.

That is one hell of a horrendous oversight, who the crap is in charge of vetting this stuff?!

Sneen
12.31.2011 , 06:08 AM | #25
@OP: Like others said, it's a quite over the top to call Bioware lazy. Overall they do a pretty good job @ their homework, because:
1) They stay consistent with the KoTOR-series.
2) If they are lazy, Lucas Licensing is sleeping as well.

About the HH-Class thingy: There's a difference between a Corvette (Thrantra) en a Cruiser (Hammerhead). That would also explain the difference in rear-ends between the 2. BTW, is there ne info on the types of cruisers the Pubs use? All I've seen so far a Corvettes & Destroyers, no Cruisers just yet.

DrMcbeefington
12.31.2011 , 06:13 AM | #26
Quote:
Meanwhile, back outside Nerdville...
As you continue to pay $15 a month and probably spent over $100 on the game.

Also, thanks guys for pointing me to the wikipedia article of the Tomb of Naga Sadow! Because that's what I was arguing really.. Oh wait, I wasn't. The tomb was long established in the KOTOR games. It's the actual character. Btw, go ahead and explain this retcon when in their holovideos, the jedi master recording them also said Sadow died on Yavin IV. Ooops, lets chalk that up to "no one cares". I enjoy the captain save a hoe logic.

Rhyltran
12.31.2011 , 11:17 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by DrMcbeefington View Post
As you continue to pay $15 a month and probably spent over $100 on the game.

Also, thanks guys for pointing me to the wikipedia article of the Tomb of Naga Sadow! Because that's what I was arguing really.. Oh wait, I wasn't. The tomb was long established in the KOTOR games. It's the actual character. Btw, go ahead and explain this retcon when in their holovideos, the jedi master recording them also said Sadow died on Yavin IV. Ooops, lets chalk that up to "no one cares". I enjoy the captain save a hoe logic.
I'm still lost. So a thousand years later they assume it's Sadow in there. If the tomb was built for Sadow and Sadow didn't actually get buried there and a sith lord corpse turns up in sadow's tomb wouldn't they logically believe it was Sadow not having knowledge that he died on Yavin?

Pierluigi
12.31.2011 , 11:19 AM | #28
EDIT: posting mistake.

BrandonSM
12.31.2011 , 11:19 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Hrisskar View Post
Darth Bane: Path of Destruction features the Hammerhead-class cruiser as the backbone of the Republic fleet during the First Battle of Ruusan.
Oh, Interesting.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

psychogobstopper
12.31.2011 , 07:22 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Avrose View Post
There is not a single piece of starwars literature where you truly get to know the guy. Frankly at the end of the day hes a cautionary tale for both sith and jedi.
Except for, y'know, Tales of the Jedi: The Golden Age of the Sith and Tales of the Jedi: The Fall of the Sith Empire, wherein Naga Sadow is a major figure in both story arcs.