Maintenance: October 22nd, 2019

EricMusco

Don't see the need for taxi on the fleet. Its more fun to see people use their mounts etc and to give them a chance to show them off etc.

Conquest point increase looks like its going to push people away from levelling several alts to focusing on one or two. Don't know how its gonna play out but I hope devs are responsive to potential change in the same way they had to bend for CXP.

Not much in the patch notes if you ignore the gear blurb hope the content ends up being more than superficial as I don't think new gear is going to make current content any more enjoyable.

I do enjoy the game and I'm glad that a 6.0 update has finally arrived. Hope the game goes upwards and onwards.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or better - Uprisings for F2P/Pref. What is even the freaking point in putting them behind the paywall, it just makes the queues endless...

You can play uprisings as F2P \ pref, did them with a pref guildie. You just don't use groupfinder - form the group and use transport icon, you'll get inside no matter what's your account's status.

Get your reading eyes ready, 6.0 patch notes are live and they are lengthy. Check em out: http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

English and German are live already, French will be up in an hour or so.

Thanks all.

-eric

I'm looking forward to the new content and game changes, but I'm very disappointed that Kira or any of the other remaining companions will not be returning with this update... :(

How much longer will we need to wait for their return???

Edited by OneHawk
Typo

On PTS, there were non-orange shells.

I think the main thing here is, in the original incarnation of gear, there was no orange. Armor was rated either light, medium or heavy, and all of it was moddable.

I think what is happening now, is that they are going back to that in a sense, where you can have either green, blue or purple gear, and some of it is moddable, and some isn't, but there are no more restrictive ratings like light, medium and heavy. But only the stuff that comes from the cartel market will be orange.

Why they chose to go that way, who knows.

Not sure what you're remembering about armor from when the game first came out, but empty Orange Shells were both craftable and lootable. Along with static greens/blues/purple drops (moddable purples too) and craftable greens/blues/purples

Get your reading eyes ready, 6.0 patch notes are live and they are lengthy. Check em out: http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

Thanks all.

-eric

From the patch notes:

"An Appearance Modification terminal has been added to the fleet."

That's in addition to the one that's already there? (In the Cartel Bazaar section.)

"A new passive ability has been added for Companions in the healer role. This passive will cause the companion to leap to a friendly target when they are nearing max range to be healed."

Is there something in there to prevent a melee healer companion from running out to a distant ranged foe and then bouncing back to heal and then running out again and then bouncing back and then ... in a jolly loop?

can you please clarify this bit? I still have... 2 level 60 tokens I believe. Will they get converted as well?

The Outlander Token can no longer be used to start a level 65 character at the start of Knights of the Eternal Throne. This has been replaced by a new entry point with a level 70 character at the start of the Jedi Under Siege storyline

You currently have two "Outlander" tokens that allow you to start at your choice of level 60 (beginning of KotFE) or 65 -beginning of KotET). They will be changed to "Commander" tokens that allow you to choose between 60 (beginning of KotFE) or 70 (beginning of JUS/Ossus).

Any player who previously earned the Dark vs Light Achievements has been regranted the corresponding Dark vs Light Armor. They can find it in their Legacy Overflow Stash.

Is this reclaimable more than once? Some of us have multiple sets of the Dark vs Light Armour due to server transfers or mergers, or by virtue of having participated and completed the Dark vs Light achievements on multiple servers (I have 5 sets for example).

If this isn't the case and there is only one set being awarded, can we get this added to collections so we can reclaim multiple sets please, not just one?

I'm looking forward to the new content and game changes, but I'm very disappointed that Kira or any of the other remaining companions will not be returning with this update... :(

How much longer will we need to wait for their return???

My guess is when they get hold of the voice actors, unless they already recorded new voice lines then I do not know.

It will be fun again to start playing in the expansion

Is this reclaimable more than once? Some of us have multiple sets of the Dark vs Light Armour due to server transfers or mergers, or by virtue of having participated and completed the Dark vs Light achievements on multiple servers (I have 5 sets for example).

If this isn't the case and there is only one set being awarded, can we get this added to collections so we can reclaim multiple sets please, not just one?

I'd like to know as well.

I had 2 sets on 2 different french servers, but when they merged i ended up with only 1 set.

Since then i tranfered one of my characters from the french server to the european english one, with all the DvL achievements i had on the french server, will i get another set on the european english server then ?

But yeah adding the set to the collections would be much more practical actually.

The Outlander Token can no longer be used to start a level 65 character at the start of Knights of the Eternal Throne. This has been replaced by a new entry point with a level 70 character at the start of the Jedi Under Siege storyline.

I wonder what benefit(s) will a Master's Datacron give. Now at the same price Commander's Token will provide a level 70 character AND a Character Slot. While Master's Datacron boosts a character that you already have to 70 and provides a set of outdated gear.

Despite keeping the story progression intact, Master's Datacron was about helping you to jump into endgame content right away. Unless you have 100 character slots unlocked on a server, Commander's Token is clearly a better purchase.

Will you address that?

eg. increasing the levels and/or the gear provided by a Master's Datacron, or maybe lowering its CC price.

Edited by rubint

From the patch notes:

"An Appearance Modification terminal has been added to the fleet."

That's in addition to the one that's already there? (In the Cartel Bazaar section.)

"

Yes. on PTR there was an Appearance Modification terminal on the ring of the fleet itself (don't remember what section)

Don't see the need for taxi on the fleet. Its more fun to see people use their mounts etc and to give them a chance to show them off etc.

Seconded. Everyone just uses mounts there anyway. There may be some new players who have no speeders yet.. but I doubt there are a lot of them

Edited by Gelious

Where is the corruption sorcerer tactical "Roaming Mend + 1"? It´s missing in the patch notes.

Please don´t tell me you didn´t implement the only usefull tactical for sorcerer healers ...

It was removed a while ago from PTS. It was gone by the start of Phase 3, for sure, may be even earlier.

It was removed a while ago from PTS. It was gone by the start of Phase 3, for sure, may be even earlier.

Great, my excitement for 6.0 just vanished.

Oper get 20 % more on Kolto waves and mercs 10% on rapid scan (+ while moving) and sorcerers get rubbish.

Hey Bioware, I´ll never play a tech class as healer. This is Star Wars not Counter Strike.

Stop making it so hard for me.

Edited by Ahwassa

Thanks all.

-eric

Thanks for posting, Eric. Did you forget the addition of an option to enable chat bubbles in the patch notes, or is that option still missing from the game even with Onslaught? If so, why?