Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gift affection gain is bugged

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Gift affection gain is bugged

TheRealBoz
12.30.2011 , 05:16 PM | #1
Didn't know where else to put this...
Anycase, I just got a new companion that loves Underworld Goods.
Gave him a rank 4 UW gift. Got 240 affection. Five minutes later, gave him a rank 5 UW gift, and got 144 affection. To ensure that I wasn't affected by a "gifting cooldown diminishing return" or whatever, I gave him a rank 4 UW gift right after (3 minutes later) and got 240 again.
MAKE LOVE, NOT SPAM!

Syas
12.30.2011 , 05:20 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRealBoz View Post
Didn't know where else to put this...
Anycase, I just got a new companion that loves Underworld Goods.
Gave him a rank 4 UW gift. Got 240 affection. Five minutes later, gave him a rank 5 UW gift, and got 144 affection. To ensure that I wasn't affected by a "gifting cooldown diminishing return" or whatever, I gave him a rank 4 UW gift right after (3 minutes later) and got 240 again.
To be clear, you are giving him Underworld Goods, not just Companion Gifts got from Underworld Trading, right?
Thall | Combat Medic ||| Kannus | Kinetic Shadow
Dars'yl | Immortal Juggernaut ||| Sudor | Concealment Operative
Ebon Hawke

TheRealBoz
12.30.2011 , 05:44 PM | #3
Yes, those were definitely Goods I was giving. One was a Hutt Hit List, and two of... something else.
I farmed up ~20 different r4 and r5 UG gifts before I got him, and the results seem consistent. 4>5
MAKE LOVE, NOT SPAM!

Chasted
12.30.2011 , 05:45 PM | #4
As affection rises the affection gained from giving gifts gets smaller.

Edit: Wait, that doesn't work now that I read the entire post more than skimmed it. Nevermind me.

JeyKama
12.30.2011 , 06:11 PM | #5
For the maximum affection gain, you have to give them level-appropriate gives.

Obviously (for some) if they are at high affection already and you give them a low level gift, you will get diminished affection.

However, if you give them a gift that is too high for their current affection (say, a lv5 gift when they are at 2000 affection) then that potential gain will also be reduced.

Where those thresholds are, I really can't say though, but it was around 1750-1800 for rank 1 gifts petered off.

TheRealBoz
12.30.2011 , 08:36 PM | #6
That... actually makes sense, thanks!
MAKE LOVE, NOT SPAM!

Kaffis
12.31.2011 , 12:22 AM | #7
Also, be mindful that a Blue 4 may give more affection than a Green 5.

TheRealBoz
12.31.2011 , 05:43 AM | #8
Underworld Trading never gives greens.
Also, update, just gave a blue rank 5 for 576 affection to the same guy. This stuff is SO random...
MAKE LOVE, NOT SPAM!