Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why can't we ever play as a Yoda?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Why can't we ever play as a Yoda?

Hoosenutz's Avatar


Hoosenutz
12.31.2011 , 04:08 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by spaceball_ View Post
I don't think there's been a single SW video game where we could play as Yoda or as whatever species Yoda is. Is there some weird Lucasarts rule that they won't put Yoda or his race in a game?
Lego Star Wars had Yoda as a playable character.

FredeGail's Avatar


FredeGail
12.31.2011 , 05:34 AM | #12
Would certainly be interesting. Yoda is actually a race, this link shows it, known as Yoda's species.

On the other hand, there would be too many Yoda copies called either one of these:

- Yodaa
- Yuda
- Joda

etc.

dynamofan's Avatar


dynamofan
12.31.2011 , 07:56 AM | #13
Yoda is a mysterious character. I think the reason his species is on lockdown is because in the entire star wars universe their have only been three creatures of that species, including Yoda
Jedi Covenant
Forkath- LVL 36 Imperial Agent
Xellephax- LVL 44 Jedi Consular

Smithie's Avatar


Smithie
12.31.2011 , 08:24 AM | #14
Yoda was also an unlockable character in Soulcalibur IV (a fighting game) on the xbox360 version.

Darth Vader was the unlockable on the Ps3 version.

The Wii version had Jar jar Binks........... (jk ofcourse)
"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens"

<Afterdark> -> Tomb of Freedon Nadd-EU
My youtube : http://www.youtube.com/SmithianKingdom

Bielduwyn's Avatar


Bielduwyn
12.31.2011 , 09:10 AM | #15
Lucasarts is just the company that makes (or nowadays mostly publishes) Star Wars games, what you're looking for is Lucas Licensing. =p

WaveRun's Avatar


WaveRun
12.31.2011 , 09:13 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyfy View Post
I loved that game.
I wished the Battlefront 3 Rumors were true :/

Captain_Mark's Avatar


Captain_Mark
01.03.2012 , 10:37 AM | #17
Because that's exactly what we need, hundreds of hairy green midgets talking in reverse all over my game :P Yoda is good when there's one of him...really don't need more than that. On another note, could see the classes Jedi Master/Sith Lord being Legacy unlocks a la WoW's Death Knight.

Amaste's Avatar


Amaste
01.03.2012 , 10:43 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Smithie View Post
Yoda was also an unlockable character in Soulcalibur IV (a fighting game) on the xbox360 version.

Darth Vader was the unlockable on the Ps3 version.

The Wii version had Jar jar Binks........... (jk ofcourse)
Meessa be releaseded on da useless console! Meessa looooove the casual game'seds!
.: The Unlucky Dücks :.
The Harbinger
"If it isn't drunk healing, it isn't Dück healing."

Dave_Bodom's Avatar


Dave_Bodom
01.04.2012 , 06:06 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by dynamofan View Post
Yoda is a mysterious character. I think the reason his species is on lockdown is because in the entire star wars universe their have only been three creatures of that species, including Yoda
Yoda, Yaddle and the one from KOTOR? Or was there another?
Why do they call you Bodom? Is it like the drum beat, Bodom-Chh?

AgentAurelius's Avatar


AgentAurelius
01.04.2012 , 06:11 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by FredeGail View Post
Would certainly be interesting. Yoda is actually a race, this link shows it, known as Yoda's species.

On the other hand, there would be too many Yoda copies called either one of these:

- Yodaa
- Yuda
- Joda

etc.
vandar?