Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

UI Feedback: Amplifier and Amp Rerolls

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
UI Feedback: Amplifier and Amp Rerolls
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
09.19.2019 , 04:35 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

One of the things you may have noticed is that with the Onslaught expansion we are making a number of UI improvements. Some of these are improvements on existing systems, others are completely new interfaces for new systems. Reminder that all of this is still a work in progress so don't focus your feedback too much on visual fidelity and focus on functionality. Also, please avoid gameplay feedback as we are really seeking thoughts about the interface only in this thread.

Please share your feedback on Amplifier display and the Amplifier reroll window. The types of feedback we are looking for:
  • Do you understand how amplifiers are displayed on gear? On mods?
  • Do you know how to access the amplifier reroll window?
  • Do you understand how to reroll amplifiers?
  • When rerolling amplifiers, is it clear what choice you are making and how much it costs?
Those are just some examples, share any thoughts you have!

Thanks.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Aberd
09.19.2019 , 09:22 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
  • When rerolling amplifiers, is it clear what choice you are making and how much it costs?
Yes to all the above.

My biggest issue with Amplifiers right now is the tool tip and Gear Amplifier Window.
The tool tip in the Recalibrate window doesn't always like to show the correct tool tip. The top part shows right, but the bottom part with the description doesn't match.
The Gear Amplifier window doesn't automatically update when an amplifier is updated. You need to close the window and reopen it to see that the amplifier has been updated.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."

Banthabreeder
09.19.2019 , 11:19 PM | #3
After testing this on the PTS I have come to the realization that I will NEVER reroll any amplifiers on anything other then my end game modifiable 306 gear.

I have found the whole thing to be a waste of money when it comes to unmodifiable Green, Blue, and Purple gear. All that will be replaced sooner or not much later with the modifiable 306 gear which is what you will be wearing till the next expansion. Why waste your money on rerolling something that is gonna be upgraded 19 times? I'm just glad I got to figure this out on the PTS rather than figuring it out on LIVE later and losing a ton of money.

I do like them though. And can't wait to use them (with my end game gear). I think their descriptions can be a bit more specific. Some are very vague.

I do hope you come out with an official list of all amplifiers and their percentages so we know if we have the highest version or not. If I got Weapon Expertise +1.40%. How would I know if there is a +1.50% or higher?

I'm sure this was brought up a while ago but when rerolling, you shouldn't get a lower percentage for the same thing you already have. I should not get Weapon Expertise +0.75% if I already have +1.40%.

Also, I reported this a while ago but when you click on the Amplifiers Button on the Character window, it shows all amplifiers for everything on your character AND in your inventory. It really should only show what you have on your current character. I had a ton of gear in my inventory and it was impossible to know which piece was currently equipped with what amplifier and which piece was in my inventory. Just make so it only shows what your currently wearing.

Cheers
“Don’t call me a mindless philosopher, you overweight glob of grease.”

TrixxieTriss
09.20.2019 , 12:58 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Banthabreeder View Post

I do hope you come out with an official list of all amplifiers and their percentages so we know if we have the highest version or not. If I got Weapon Expertise +1.40%. How would I know if there is a +1.50% or higher?

I'm sure this was brought up a while ago but when rerolling, you shouldn't get a lower percentage for the same thing you already have. I should not get Weapon Expertise +0.75% if I already have +1.40%.
Yes, a full list of the levels and types available needs to be added or posted somewhere so players know and don’t have to guess.

lord-angelus
09.20.2019 , 04:27 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Yes, a full list of the levels and types available needs to be added or posted somewhere so players know and don’t have to guess.
Heh Trixiee welcome back

FlameYOL
09.20.2019 , 07:26 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Aberd View Post
Yes to all the above.

My biggest issue with Amplifiers right now is the tool tip and Gear Amplifier Window.
The tool tip in the Recalibrate window doesn't always like to show the correct tool tip. The top part shows right, but the bottom part with the description doesn't match.
The Gear Amplifier window doesn't automatically update when an amplifier is updated. You need to close the window and reopen it to see that the amplifier has been updated.
This, that issue is going to make it a real pain to understand the mechanics behind each amplifier.

Quote: Originally Posted by Banthabreeder View Post
This as well, they should release a list somewhere so we have an idea. Either that or have the amplifier have something like "*Insert name Rank 1 out of 3".
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

xordevoreaux
09.20.2019 , 08:19 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Aberd View Post
I noticed this as well. Very confusing because I thought my choices weren't sticking.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

KendraP
09.20.2019 , 08:41 AM | #8
Off the requested topic and pointless question I realize, but did they ever announce whether these things were;

A. So useless that theres no point in rerolling them because they make so minor an impact that they shouldn't be included in stat balance.

Or

B. Do make an impact and should be included in stat balance, but won't be.

They either matter or they don't Musco. If they make a statistically significant impact they should be part of the stat balancing; otherwise they're a stupid waste of your efforts and a dumb excuse for a credit dump and more RNG "excitment."

JattaGin
09.20.2019 , 10:56 AM | #10
Dear Eric and devs,

please have a look at my replies below. I think I might have some important points for you to consider.

I guess. When I mouse over a piece of armor, it tells what kind of amplifier (if any) is included in the piece. It states the name and a percentage. So far I saw green and blue amplifiers. I assume there will also be purple. Or golden?

But, WHAT EXACTLY DO THESE AMPLIFIERS DO?????

I know you wrote some information about it some months ago on the forum. I didn't read it (on purpose). I expect explanation INGAME. My questions are thus:

1. Where can I find information about amplifiers in the game? Is there a tutorial?
2. What do these amplifiers do? Does it explain somewhere what which amplifier means? If so, where do I find this information?
3. Have you considered how NEW players will be able to find - and understand - this information? I am completely puzzled by this amplifier system. And I play since beta. I can't imagine how a new player understands this.

NO!

I haven't been able to find that out so far on the PTS. Where does it explain INGAME how to do that?

NO!

See above. Couldn't find that option yet.

I wished I could tell you.

Seriously, if you add something new to the game like amplifiers, it needs to be properly - and easily - explained.

I have absolutely no clue about amplifiers. I didn't read your amplifier information in this forum on purpose. Because I wanted to test by myself how it works within the game.

Right now, I haven't found one single bit of information about amplifiers INGAME. If there is info, please make sure that players get shown / can find this info. If there is no info, then please immediately add it. And please, explain what those amplifiers do. INGAME!
Bioware offers a friend referal system which gives referred players a couple of goodies (incl. 7 free days of sub and a neat free 10 x inventory slot for every character) and referring players some little shinies and cartel coins.
I would be happy if you choose my referral link to grab your free goodies.