Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

All the systems for 6.0 seem unappealing. Bioware you need to pay attention.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
All the systems for 6.0 seem unappealing. Bioware you need to pay attention.

kodrac's Avatar


kodrac
09.16.2019 , 08:09 AM | #341
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Attaching RNG to progression gears isn't adding an element of "woohoo I got it finally!", instead it just adds tons of frustration and resentment with a feeling of time being wasted.
That "woohoo finally!" feeling should (used to) come at the end of that [insert content of choice and difficulty level here] and getting the reward for it. RNG is just a time gate. Clearly they don't want us to gear/progress quickly, but that would be better served through the content itself. But they clearly can't or won't develop new engaging content.

It always end up back to the same problem - content. Gear itself isn't content, content is content. This game has had a lack of content for years. This will be the first expansion in three years, prior to that there were no operations for two years, last year they tried combining story with flashpoints but that din't go over well with either camp. And now? I can understand them trying something new, but it really isn't new. They've been doing this same old song and dance for years.
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
Id find it hard to believe this sort of thing goes on in the preferential treatment forum.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post
or Kodrac, for saying everything I want to say, but he takes one for team and gets a warning.

olagatonjedi's Avatar


olagatonjedi
09.16.2019 , 08:25 AM | #342
Quote: Originally Posted by Totemdancer View Post
Same for me at the time (till I spent time to learn it)
Imagine how new or less knowledgeable people are going to react to the overly complicated and heavy RNG system in 6.0 if it went live as it currently is on the PTS.
They will likely not overreact because its not very complicated at all. Perhaps it is to you, but a we are all different. I dont mind helping you understand it, though.

olagatonjedi's Avatar


olagatonjedi
09.16.2019 , 08:26 AM | #343
Quote: Originally Posted by Totemdancer View Post
I think you need to sort out your own point of view because your argument is going in circles.
Or you are perceiving it that way.

olagatonjedi's Avatar


olagatonjedi
09.16.2019 , 08:28 AM | #344
As i detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
09.16.2019 , 08:40 AM | #345
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
Erm....no. Vanilla didn't have mastery stat. You had to actually pay attention and be properly geared, especially since a lot of classes didn't get their healing companions till way later. You couldn't just run around and one shot everything like you can now. If you were undergeared or even slightly underleveled a lot of the story quests mini boss fights would absolutely wreck you.
I remember I used to do the planets out of order. The class story missions give you two planets, and I always chose the higher level planet for the challenge. Afterwards, I would do the easy planet (I was over-leveled) to get it done fast. Then when the story progressed, rinse repeat the next 2 planets.

Vanilla was significantly more difficult because levels mattered and companions weren't as effective, particularly if you never geared them. The trick to gearing your companion was to choose one with the same base stat as you (cunning for example) then hand-me-down your old gear as you acquire new pieces. It was easy.

If a mission was "red" difficulty (5 levels above, i think), you were likely to die because most of your attacks would miss unless you had over 110% accuracy. I usually aimed for the "orange" difficulty missions.

I actually had a lot of fun crafting purple gear for my lowbies back when gear mattered. Ahhh the good old crafting days

Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
Or you are perceiving it that way.
Or you are perceiving that your arguments are not in circles.
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(,,,,)(\/) ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
09.16.2019 , 09:02 AM | #346
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
I remember I used to do the planets out of order. The class story missions give you two planets, and I always chose the higher level planet for the challenge. Afterwards, I would do the easy planet (I was over-leveled) to get it done fast. Then when the story progressed, rinse repeat the next 2 planets.

Vanilla was significantly more difficult because levels mattered and companions weren't as effective, particularly if you never geared them. The trick to gearing your companion was to choose one with the same base stat as you (cunning for example) then hand-me-down your old gear as you acquire new pieces. It was easy.

If a mission was "red" difficulty (5 levels above, i think), you were likely to die because most of your attacks would miss unless you had over 110% accuracy. I usually aimed for the "orange" difficulty missions.

I actually had a lot of fun crafting purple gear for my lowbies back when gear mattered. Ahhh the good old crafting days
My companions were always a tad bit undergeared because I was always too lazy to keep grinding planetary comms since back then they were unique to each planet lol. So I burned all I had to keep my character up to date and would use what was left over on my companion so it was a mish mash of ilvl mods lol. Those were the good ole days.

And ya, I miss crafting back then. It actually felt useful while leveling.

srtyab's Avatar


srtyab
09.16.2019 , 10:34 AM | #347
Quote: Originally Posted by Phazonfreak View Post
Trixxie, your WoW Classic plugging due to your disappointment in SWTOR and how the devs dealt with very specific issues you encountered is becoming a little tiresome to be honest.

I understand why you are disappointed in SWTOR and decided to cancel your subscription, but you seem to go out of your way now to devalue everything SWTOR by promoting the massiveness of WoW Classic. Let's be real here, the allure of WoW Classic is not because of superior game design via simplicity or making you work for stuff and most certainly not because it is less grindy or offers more content compared to SWTOR - to the contrary - but because it is walking down memory lane with an MMO that shaped an entire generation of gamers when it comes to online gaming.

Blizzard in its confused state of being part of a big stock corporation tries to monetize nostalgia and invested heavily in a massive promotion campaign through very popular streamers in order to keep their subscriber base that is disappointed/burned out with the latest WoW iteration. There is absolutely no wonder why you only need to be subscribed to the current WoW to automatically get access to WoW Classic and I really don't see any valuable insight the devs could get in their approach to SWTOR by looking at WoW Classic and its customer base.
very well said.

JattaGin's Avatar


JattaGin
09.16.2019 , 10:47 AM | #348
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
They will likely not overreact because its not very complicated at all. Perhaps it is to you, but a we are all different. I dont mind helping you understand it, though.
OK, olagatonjedi, admit it: You are Andryah.

You use the exact same writing style and "logic" as them.

Are you actually on the PTS right now? I ask, because I play Swtor since beta and I generally play video games for 4 decades. And I think that this new gearing system is very complicated.
Bioware offers a friend referal system which gives referred players a couple of goodies (incl. 7 free days of sub and a neat free 10 x inventory slot for every character) and referring players some little shinies and cartel coins.
I would be happy if you choose my referral link to grab your free goodies.

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
09.16.2019 , 10:53 AM | #349
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
OK, olagatonjedi, admit it: You are Andryah.

You use the exact same writing style and "logic" as them.

Are you actually on the PTS right now? I ask, because I play Swtor since beta and I generally play video games for 4 decades. And I think that this new gearing system is very complicated.
No, Andryah was more polite and personable -- and actually disliked a small handful of things that the devs did. Olag is seemingly more backhanded and passive aggressive. He strictly posts to argue an opposite opinion whenever the negative bandwagon starts, which often feels disingenuous and troll-ish (no offense , just explaining their difference as I see them).
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(,,,,)(\/) ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

olagatonjedi's Avatar


olagatonjedi
09.16.2019 , 10:59 AM | #350
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
OK, olagatonjedi, admit it: You are Andryah.

You use the exact same writing style and "logic" as them.
Not sure who that is, but based solely on how you describe him/her, he/she must be fairly intelligent.

Quote:
Are you actually on the PTS right now? I ask, because I play Swtor since beta and I generally play video games for 4 decades. And I think that this new gearing system is very complicated.
I already answered that I am. On one toon, i used the medpac trick to deck my toon out. On another toon, I chose not to use the tech fragments for gearing and am doing just fine in gear progression doing VM and MM content, and following the "tips" given by the devs on how to gear up more efficiently. The fragments and renown crates are supplemental to increase chances, but by no means needed. It hasnt taken an outrageous amount of playtime either, but perhaps im a little more focused in my activity than some.