Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Next PTS Patch and Future Changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
The Next PTS Patch and Future Changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

steveerkcanjerk
09.06.2019 , 03:27 PM | #31
thank you thank you. Thank you for listening to us with the rng, this will make the game much much more enjoyable and taking the time to make a toggle is awesome and a good step. Hope you guys are looking at the cost for crafting but in terms of gearing through raids and such this is awesome and thank you.
the mandalorians will rise again, we will unite and make the galaxy bow.
choggun mandalorian sniper
dreadshots mandalorian mercanary

EricMusco
09.06.2019 , 03:43 PM | #32 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
It occurs to me to suggest that they've heard all the cries of "No RNG for gearing" and given us "Less RNG" and "Directed RNG", neither of which are "*No* RNG".

I'd really like for the Renown crates to never, ever do either of these things:
* Be empty.
* Contain one object, an empty green shell.

And before you say it, no, I'm not kidding. I saw both of these things the other day.
If you are seeing either of these things from crates, that is a bug. A Renown crate will always give you an item and the only way a shell would drop is if it was a set piece. An empty green shell dropping would be a bug.

I actually believe both of these issues are addressed in this patch but I will verify.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

DarthCasus
09.06.2019 , 03:48 PM | #33
I'd describe it as "somewhat less bad" myself.
Thank you. It seems that a lot of people have been conditioned to see the advancing of an undesirable system rather than an upheaval of it and return to what people were actually asking for as sweet nector from the gold post messiah. I won't lose sight of this, the gearing system is a mess and I'm not a fan of this game becoming a gimmicky Anthem because Anthem couldn't get loot gaming right either.

*clap clap* You guys made it less crock, but could you toss the rng and time gating crap too?
Quote: Originally Posted by DragonTora View Post
ur being the "leet" one by letting the internet raise ur children and I would flash the bird to u if i could noob.
Quote: Originally Posted by BarrinMarshal
I know your part of the "Forum Apologist Five" group but stop

AragarVarnus
09.06.2019 , 03:55 PM | #34
Great news, thanks for listening to the player's feedback. I'm excited and very hopeful for the future of our MMO.
Long live SWTOR!

Varnus • Hiigaran • Atreides
"Tudo o que não é eterno é eternamente inútil."
"Tout ce qui n'est pas éternel est éternellement inutile."
​"All that is not eternal is eternally useless."

C.S. Lewis

olagatonjedi
09.06.2019 , 03:58 PM | #35
It occurs to me to suggest that they've heard all the cries of "No RNG for gearing" and given us "Less RNG" and "Directed RNG", neither of which are "*No* RNG".

* Be empty.

And before you say it, no, I'm not kidding. I saw both of these things the other day.
Sorry but some of us are ok, to some degree, with RNG. It actually does help level the playing field between players who have more playtime than others, as a preventative method of imbalance.

That said, a healthy balance of direct gearing and RNG gearing needs to be implemented - not all or nothing.

AlkarMBar
09.06.2019 , 03:59 PM | #36
Great news! This one seems a step on the right direction. The new toggle option is great, that way I can gear mi sage as a healer while playing as DPS.

sithvrix
09.06.2019 , 04:00 PM | #37
This patch sounds good, I will try later later, my hopes are comingo back, thanks dev team

Darev
09.06.2019 , 04:14 PM | #38

* Be empty.

Upon reading the notes, my first reaction is agreeing with you 100%
The idea of RNG of this magnitude as a primary gearing system is repugnant to me in an MMO.
They've known for over two years, since 5.0, that we don't want it.
They spent nearly a year after the launch of 5.0 to get away from it.
Now they're running right back to it.

Only, with this patch, they've put so much sugar on it with the tweaks most people are happy with the results.
It's still the same horrible system underneath.

That being said, I haven't logged in to test the practicality of it yet.

But I will soon.
If you choose to fight in the sewer you can no longer claim to have the moral high ground.

Kraysk
09.06.2019 , 04:24 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
[*]We are going to implement a toggle on your character portrait which will allow you to select what Discipline you want that gear to drop for.
So far it's the best new thing implemented.
But, will it work for loot only or for Renown crates too? That's important.
Changes to vendor also look promising.
Also, can you guys raise cap of tech fragments to at least 30000? Seriously 3000 for legacy currency - is this a bad joke or something?
Also also, at this moment the Renown crates are too rare even for supplementary system. You should decide, if you want to get rid of it completely because now it's frustrating and useless or make it require at least 5x less exp.
And please, please get rid of unmoddable gear and empty shells completely. These shall not be a thing. AT ALL.
Thanks for actually listening to our feedback, guys maybe together we will be able to make this gearing system somehow acceptable.
There is no passion…there is solely obsession.
There is no knowledge. There is solely conviction.
There is no purpose. There is solely will.
There is nothing… Only me. - Darth Ruin

EricMusco
09.06.2019 , 04:26 PM | #40 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
If you are seeing either of these things from crates, that is a bug. A Renown crate will always give you an item and the only way a shell would drop is if it was a set piece. An empty green shell dropping would be a bug.

I actually believe both of these issues are addressed in this patch but I will verify.

-eric
Let me correct something from my post. If it appears that you have an empty green shell in your stash, that is actually not a bug in of itself. The way that item works is when you pull it from your stash into your inventory it will then fill that item with mods for you based on your item rating and Discipline. Even though it looks like an empty green item, it is actually a great item to get.

The bug we need to address is that it looks like a very bad item in your stash and doesn't relay to you that you need to pull it to your inventory. We are working on a solution for that.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]