Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Loot Acquisition Feedback

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kraysk
09.03.2019 , 08:01 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

We cannot thank you enough for taking the time to give us your impressions of Phase 2. I have passed all of your feedback (from this thread, PTS forums, and elsewhere) onto the team and we are working on a number of changes. I will circle back by tomorrow and talk about what we are hearing from you and what changes we plan to make. Our goal will be to have a new patch for phase 2 by the end of this week.

Thanks everyone, keep the feedback coming!

-eric
Dear Eric, thanks for quick reaction.
What worries me the most is the amount of unmoddable gear drop.
Unmoddable gear shall not be a thing, this is not Korriban story line or whatever, we need to be able to modify our gear as much as possible on all stages of gearing up.

FlameYOL
09.04.2019 , 07:47 AM | #112
Hey folks,

We cannot thank you enough for taking the time to give us your impressions of Phase 2. I have passed all of your feedback (from this thread, PTS forums, and elsewhere) onto the team and we are working on a number of changes. I will circle back by tomorrow and talk about what we are hearing from you and what changes we plan to make. Our goal will be to have a new patch for phase 2 by the end of this week.

-eric
Hopefully you guys take enough feedback into account so as to make this system as polished as possible, it has potential. But right now it is desperately in need of fine-tuning.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

scardera
09.04.2019 , 08:17 AM | #113
The system is not bad just too grindy and RNG you can make a good gearing system out of it but in this state its rly not fun to grind for gears

xmarcusprimex
09.04.2019 , 08:17 AM | #114
To be fair, all this is so needlessly over-complicated. Simplicity is best. Just drop a legacy currency, and have gear vendors where we can go buy what we want.

supercometl
09.04.2019 , 08:53 AM | #115
So based on my limited time on PTS, my issue is mainly that everything is RNG based. I feel that it is useful in the sense that as you are gearing you are also gearing your toons. However, the renown crates should not be RNG based. They should be similar to how command crates rolled for gear, discipline based. I am fine with tacticals not being discipline, or even class based. Since those are something that once you get one of you will never need to get again, it just makes it easier to have all content that can drop one roll on all tacticles. I didn't tool around with the vendors too much. For me I just think I got way too much tank gear for running as an operative healer. I think the best choice is make it so that the final boss+bonus boss of MM FP are class usable gear. So I can either get dps or healer stuff on an operative.

ALSO MODS MODS MODS. No static gear, it is the worst decision in this entire move. Adaptive armor should be the focus, since we are also getting mods and the such from drops.

ZionHalcyon
09.04.2019 , 11:39 AM | #116
Hey folks,

-eric
Any eta on when today on this?

garthica
09.04.2019 , 02:20 PM | #117
I'm really concerned about the 19 tiers of gear and the lack of moddable gear. I'm not sure if you've seen this but it's enough to have me very concerned about the new gearing system.

https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comme...medium=ios_app

Medullah
09.05.2019 , 05:22 AM | #118
I think I posted this but to echo what a lot of people have said, I can't stress enough how important it is to at the very least give us fully moddable weapons at all levels. You've said that putting Weapons in Outfit Designer is on the wall of crazy and is much harder than it seems, so forcing us to use green/blue drops instead of Cartel weapons is bad, bad, bad.

If I were the dude that designs those weapons I'd be very sad to see that people aren't using my Unstable Peacemakers Charged Electrified Magnificent Lightsaber of Eternal Darkness and Sadness™.

Moreeth
09.05.2019 , 06:42 AM | #119
I've just started on the PTS 2 days ago and did my share of Hammerstations. Gearing up from 0 (as I had forgotton to transfer my gear) to 278 (now) went quite smooth for me. I don't know how many levels still lie infront of me to BiS Gear but anyhow the experience feels continuous.

I've encountered an issue with the tech parts gear vendor: I wasn't able to buy belts. I spent the tech parts but did not get the belt in return. The vendor doesn't seem to have them or is reluctant to part with them.

Also I'm wondering about set bonuses. In the "old" CXP Boxes we received gear with set bonuses from 230 on. It wouldn't hurt to introduce set bonuses as early as possible in the process of gearing up to get people acquainted with them. Even more so as from what I've heard you have increased the number of different set bonuses for different classes. I'm not asking for a high percentage of set bonus drops from 270 onwards but once in a while would be nice to give a preview of what's out there.

I've also looked at crafting and crafting costs for the current gear. 20 refined isotope stabilizers for green gear seems ridiculously high. If you want us to test crafting you should consider to lower the cost or increase the drop rate.
Come to the dark side - we've got cookies!

EricMusco
09.05.2019 , 11:56 AM | #120 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

In lieu of the new patch, going to close this thread and move feedback to the new one to make sure we are getting feedback relevant to the newest changes. New feedback thread, here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=968025

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]