Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Spoils of War Changes PTS Phase 2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Spoils of War Changes PTS Phase 2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Baletraeger
09.04.2019 , 02:35 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

PS - In "patch note" form
  • You are now more likely to receive a side-grade or upgrade from Renown Crates and the Tech Fragment vendor.
  • Increase the number of loot drops received.
  • Players should see an increase in Tech Fragments earned overall.
  • Increased the chances of receiving mods from loot drops.
  • Increased the overall quantity of mods that drop.
  • Higher chance to get rare, moddable gear.
  • Random mods can now be purchased from the random Tech Fragment vendor.
  • Players will notice a larger quantity of loot at higher difficulties.
  • Personal loot now has a higher chance to drop for your current character.
  • Group loot will now take the current group composition into account.
  • Added completion rewards for winning an Unranked Warzone and playing Solo/Group Ranked.
  • Increased the Renown and Tech Fragments earned from completing a Warzone.
Literally not what we asked for. Making the same terrible RNG looter shooter system even faster is not the correct answer.

You told us you were going to bring forward a Horizontal Gearing System. Where is it? There is no mixing and matching gear sets, so once you get the ONE set that is BIS, there is no further horizontal gearing curve. But in place we have a boring treadmill that frankly feels worse than BDO.

Once again, look at ESO. That is the gearing system you should be looking to emulate. Lots of sets. Lots of mix and match for theory crafting and different roles. Simple upgrade system to get max rating if desired.

I promise that if you continue down the dark path looter/shooter grind you have on the PTS now that this game will die, no matter how awesome The Mandalorian and Kenobi are.

It's tearing me apart to type this, but you are going down a path I cannot follow. Please!

EricMusco
09.04.2019 , 02:43 PM | #12 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptRogue View Post
Please address the Crafting Eric!
The team is still reviewing and planning changes around the crafting feedback. There are changes coming, don't worry. I will post about those once I have specific information to share. In the meantime here are a few of the base takeaways the team is looking at:
  • Ossus turned out not to be the best testing ground, we would want you to be able to harvest nodes faster than you did.
  • We want to increase the crafting materials earned from Flashpoint and Ops bosses.
    • This change is actually in the next PTS build.
  • Times for schematics and missions need to be reduced.
  • Jawa Junk prices aren't likely to change, but we want to increase gains of Jawa Junk.
  • Want to make adjustments to the Conquest Materials requirement or inflow.
Again, I will share specific changes when I have them.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Fraah
09.04.2019 , 02:48 PM | #13
Just to add my voice...the biggest problem for me is also the randomness... It's not fun, it doesn't motivate, it doesn't make me want to play and to gear.

Need a new relic? Get one that's got a better rating but of a type you don't want, then get one that is the type you want but to low rating, then get exactly what you have already.. And then again... And again... And again... Makes me want to switch off the pc, not keep playing.

Adding another RNG vendor (random mod) in response to our feedback feels like you're mocking us, not listening to our feedback.
Warning, this is a referal link, DO NOT CLICK IT! - http://www.swtor.com/r/V9mrxR

ZionHalcyon
09.04.2019 , 02:49 PM | #14
The team is still reviewing and planning changes around the crafting feedback. There are changes coming, don't worry. I will post about those once I have specific information to share. In the meantime here are a few of the base takeaways the team is looking at:
  • Ossus turned out not to be the best testing ground, we would want you to be able to harvest nodes faster than you did.
  • We want to increase the crafting materials earned from Flashpoint and Ops bosses.
    • This change is actually in the next PTS build.
  • Times for schematics and missions need to be reduced.
  • Jawa Junk prices aren't likely to change, but we want to increase gains of Jawa Junk.
  • Want to make adjustments to the Conquest Materials requirement or inflow.
Again, I will share specific changes when I have them.

-eric
No, that's fine. At least its an acknowledgment. Would also like to hear about the complaint that mat requirements for green tier gear feel excessive as well. Its a big deal to us that green items now all of a sudden require all these crazy hoops, when in the past, it was simple and straightforward...

Rocc-o
09.04.2019 , 02:54 PM | #15
I need to ask. Have you actually read anything on PTS feedback?

Raansu
09.04.2019 , 02:55 PM | #16
None of this addresses the core problem....There's too much rng. Even the "rng protection" currency/vendor is STILL RNG. At the very least, MM FP's and Ops should have direct drops. Its clear as day that players don't want RNG, so I'm confused on why the dev team insists on keeping it this way instead of going back to the classic design of tokens and commendations.

Also, why at this point in this games life is there still items with static stats? Just make all gear moddable at this point.

igor_gdynia
09.04.2019 , 02:56 PM | #17
  • Personal loot now has a higher chance to drop for your current character.
Explain higher. We don't want RNG at all!

Why did you introduce drop-down list for disciplines in 5.0 then?

All we want is 4 different class vendors like in 4.0 with specific gear.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rocc-o View Post
I need to ask. Have you actually read anything on PTS feedback?
No they haven't. They read only what they wanted to read

Floplag
09.04.2019 , 03:05 PM | #18
I must echo the others, please, address the RNG aspect.
Its great if you are in RNGesus favor, but if not its the most frustrating thing ever.
I am generally not in favor and find it absurd to have to guess and gamble for gear as i fall behind others who play less and simply have better luck.
Floplag - Merc/Mando
Referral link, cause why not: http://www.swtor.com/r/wdLxth

rayneneverwind
09.04.2019 , 03:05 PM | #19
Adding my voice to the chorus:

Please provide a direct route for specific tokens and pieces.

RNG only gearing is not fun. Please do not return us to "The Thrill of the Hunt"TM.
Creator and Host of Entering Operations
The Rann Legacy: Satele Shan
The Exoci Legacy: Star Forge
May the 4rd be with you.
Twitch Youtube

AddyHus
09.04.2019 , 03:09 PM | #20
RNG is crap, the people who spend hours grinding this game to get gear hate it, me included. It is so demoralising to get something that is useless to you after spending so much time to try and get a piece of gear. Make a direct route to get gear otherwise so many players are going to leave