Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Renown Feedback

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
08.29.2019 , 10:26 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

Renown is now available for testing on PTS. A few reminders about Renwon:
  • Renown is the replacement of Galactic Command, it does work a little differently.
  • The leveling curve of Renown is completely flat. Getting from level 1-2 is the same XP as going from 500-501.
  • Every crate has effectively the same value since it is giving you loot based on what your character is wearing. There are no "tiers" for ranks anymore.
  • Unlike GC, Renown is a supplementary system. It is not meant to be a primary source of gear.

With that in mind, let us know your thoughts!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

DreadtechSavant
08.29.2019 , 05:44 PM | #2
Ok not got a pack yet. However you at BW really think 160000 is a OK number per pack? Really????

just over 5400 per a level 300 pack in GC, 160000 per Renown pack Really?

When I finally get a pack I will comment on its content.

ceryxp
08.29.2019 , 05:53 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DreadtechSavant View Post
Ok not got a pack yet. However you at BW really think 160000 is a OK number per pack? Really????

just over 5400 per a level 300 pack in GC, 160000 per Renown pack Really?

When I finally get a pack I will comment on its content.
Could be worse. Last phase it was 80k per level. Oh, wait... Maybe this is their way of saying Galactic Command/Renown is dead to them.
============================================================
Friends of SWTOR Referral program - My Referral Link
New players can get a Jumpstart Bundle. Returning players can get a Preferred Friends Bundle & 7-days of premium time. Bundles are given on first use only.

Shuragel
08.29.2019 , 06:12 PM | #4
Wish that each renown box gave more than 1 piece of gear. I know this is a supplementary system for gear drops, but man, that hurt. 4 runs of flashpoints later and I get a single piece of random gear? Might as well not exist as a system.

Toraak
08.29.2019 , 06:25 PM | #5
even for a supplementary gearing system, 160,000 XP is a bit much. 60k-100k I could understand since 1 Vet FP gives about 40k but 160k is way to much for 1 GR rank.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

SnEaKyMan
08.29.2019 , 06:25 PM | #6
Renown crates were giving me tanking gear, I'm playing a Sorcerer Healer.

Can you give me healing gear instead? Thanks.

Toraak
08.29.2019 , 06:46 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by SnEaKyMan View Post

really? I hope this is a glitch. It should be based on the spec your playing, if not the class.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

Krazhez
08.29.2019 , 11:15 PM | #8
Running a Merc healer, I managed to get 4 renown crates in doing all belsavis heroics, 6 balmorra heroics and 2 or 3 vet hammer stations. Some of the hammer station drops were for other classes, (mostly tank). The crate drops, I've gotten tanking gear and accuracy gear a few times. I guess I don't know what's best, but I think it would be better if either drops or crates catered to your class. Granted I haven't seen set bonus yet, I assume when those pop it will be for the right class and spec always?

DarthYun
08.30.2019 , 07:26 AM | #9
I opened 10 crates and the only thing that I noticed was empty shatek shell, empty shatek shell, empty shatek shell, empty shatek shell, empty shatek shell, empty shatek shield, empty shatek shell, empty shatek shell, empty shatek shell, empty shatek shell, one lethal 75B mod, one armoring and one empty shatek saber.

Feels like it's not quite right yet and those shatek shells should be filled with something.

EDIT:

When you take these empty shells from the stash they magically get mods in them. I am the idiot here i guess, still confusing as hell cause I almost desintigrated all of them if it wasn't for someone saying it in general chat.

Also some of the mods and enhancements are "Undefined" and you will only see the stats appear when you rip them out. When you put them back in they go back to undefined and you can't see their stats anymore. I don't really know what to think of this but it feels unfinished.

Also more edit, got two boots and a chestpiece with accuracy and defense in them, yeah go home you're drunk Bioware. I hope these are randomly generated.
pre nerf Bane of Baneful Banthas
Pre Nerf Bane of Izax
Pre Nerf Revanchist
Deposer of the Fortress
Conqueror of the Dread Masters
2014 Revanchist
World First Tyth
World First Repside Sisters pre 248 gear
Server First EC timed
pre nerf ravenchist
post buff raven
pre German world first repside Nahut (0 deaths)
World 1st Izax repside without memes
World 1st Izax 15.5m (also without memes but with meme people)
world 2nd original roster Gods Timed (no kicks)
World 2nd timed without exploits (knightmera poweru)
world first main repside team gods timed nim impside timed run timed (nightmare power)
World 1st Collicoid Queen 8m HM (no graba jerba)
World 1st Collicoid Queer 16m HM (no enrage 5 stack ez timed)

FlameYOL
08.30.2019 , 08:30 AM | #10
Renown requirement for the level up is too much, Musco said something about every FP giving you at least like 1.5 Renown Crates but I've ran through a few Veteran and Master Flashpoints but it didn't gave me even one per run. Even on Master Mode. Tried on groups that took short-cuts and groups that didn't but even the one that followed the "normal" pathway tot he bosses on Hammer we still didn't gained enough to level up with just one run. 2 or even three are necessary. As it is right now each Flashpoint Run gives you 2/3 Command Crates with the boosts, plus perks, the point of the new gearing system is for us to earn more gear, not less. So buff Renown XP gain a little bit please.

Quote: Originally Posted by SnEaKyMan View Post

I've also had that issue where I had gained an DPS gear even though I was on Tank discipline. This also needs to be fixed. The gear scan is useful but its going to be frustrating if it gives you items with better rating from another discipline.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything