Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Loot Acquisition Feedback

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
08.29.2019 , 08:59 AM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

This is the main feedback thread for all things loot acquisition in Phase 2! Phase 2 is really about getting loot, whether that is from drops in content, purchased from vendors, or crafted. We want your thoughts!
  • Does acquiring gear feel too fast? Too slow?
  • Do you understand what to do to get gear?
  • How do you feel about the primary sources of getting gear? (playing content and Missions)
  • How do you feel about the contribution of the supplementary systems? (vendors, crafting, Renown)
Remember that for gear acquisition we want you to focus on Hammer Station or Karagga's Palace on any difficulty.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

BenKatarn
08.29.2019 , 02:46 PM | #2
Having run Hammer Station on Veteran Mode twice so far, I just say I'm somewhat disappointed by how the loot system didn't really seem to improve, especially in regards to randomness.

Just like with Command Crates, you can still get gear for certain slots that absolutely isn't useful to you. One of the bosses in Hammer Station gave me a Tank Relic while being on a Lightning Sorcerer, while the final boss of Hammer Station dropped a Tactical for an Operative, even though there was none in the group to be beneficial to.

I've also noticed that not everyone in the group seems to be receiving the Bound to Legacy renown tokens as they did before.
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

DzastinBiberi
08.29.2019 , 02:53 PM | #3
I've managed to do some M FP's 2 weeks ago and I got plenty of mods from command crates, I was happy to see how much "gear" you could get from crates.

I didnt get any set bonus piece or MH/OH tho.

Toraak
08.29.2019 , 03:15 PM | #4
Are we really supposed to be at renown rank 300 for testing this? will take a lot longer to get a renown crate at that point, since we need 160,000 Renown XP. (So 1 create will take 10 Vet Hammer station runs).
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

ZeridanShear
08.29.2019 , 05:17 PM | #5
Are Alliance Crates intentionally removed from heroics now? This is a bit of a nerf to them, honestly.

Raansu
08.29.2019 , 05:33 PM | #6
It's GC 2.0....sure there's a lot of loot, but the RNG feels even worse.

Shuragel
08.29.2019 , 05:36 PM | #7
I have yet to obtain one of the consumable renown items after 2 runs of Hammer Station. We've all picked up the gear. Is it automatically spending it immediately instead of putting it in inventory? I ask because I see it as an item for me to pick up, I right click to pick it up and it doesn't go into my inventory.

Raansu
08.29.2019 , 06:12 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Shuragel View Post
I have yet to obtain one of the consumable renown items after 2 runs of Hammer Station. We've all picked up the gear. Is it automatically spending it immediately instead of putting it in inventory? I ask because I see it as an item for me to pick up, I right click to pick it up and it doesn't go into my inventory.
-never mind, misread-

SnEaKyMan
08.29.2019 , 06:30 PM | #9
Does acquiring gear feel too fast? Too slow?
- Slow.

Do you understand what to do to get gear?
- Play stuff from activity finder or pvp etc, get tech components and then spend them or use the loot from bosses.

How do you feel about the primary sources of getting gear? (playing content and Missions)
- I feel like this is classic SWTOR. Which is better than Galactic Command ever was.

How do you feel about the contribution of the supplementary systems? (vendors, crafting, Renown)
- It's rubbish because its not giving me relevant gear.
- It's not giving me enough supplementary crates.

AwesomeTacoCat
08.29.2019 , 07:08 PM | #10
Does gear from operations still work in the same way? Like the group gets 1 unassembled piece of gear for each boss?