Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tech Fragment Vendor Feedback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Tech Fragment Vendor Feedback
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
08.29.2019 , 08:59 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

Aside from the Kai Zykken vendor, there is also another vendor where you can spend tech fragments which is located in the supplies section of the fleet. This vendor will allow you to roll items for a specific slot. Let us know your thoughts:
  • Do you understand what you are getting when you roll on an item?
  • How do you feel about the pricing of items?
  • Do you feel like rolling on these item slots is valuable?
Thanks

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

SnEaKyMan
08.29.2019 , 06:40 PM | #2
Do you understand what you are getting when you roll on an item?
- Didnt get that far yet.

How do you feel about the pricing of items?
- It's pretty bad since i did 3 hammer stations and after disintegrating all the gear i still could not afford anything to test the vendor on the PTS. So i'm not sure how many runs of the same flashpoint you expect players to do in order to afford buying 1 item from this vendor, but i already know it's too much.

Do you feel like rolling on these item slots is valuable?
- Dont know because my time was taken up running hammer station runs to then not be able to afford any items on the vendor.

Banthabreeder
08.29.2019 , 09:17 PM | #3
So, I've been playing for a couple of hours and saved up enough Tech Fragments to buy a Unidentified Belt for 225 TF from Takanna and when I purchased it, she took my money but there was no Unidentified Blet in my inventory.

I checked in the Buyback section, not there. Looked in bank, inventory, everywhere. no belt. However, my Tech Fragments are now depleted so I can't buy another one. I've relogged on in hopes of getting it via Mail, sometimes that happens, nope. No mail.

character name: Wolfeye Scopes
Lvl 75 Sniper: Marksman
Time event happened: 8:00 (ish) pm PST
Where: Imperial Fleet: Takanna vendor
“Don’t call me a mindless philosopher, you overweight glob of grease.”

ZionHalcyon
08.29.2019 , 09:23 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Banthabreeder View Post
So, I've been playing for a couple of hours and saved up enough Tech Fragments to buy a Unidentified Belt for 225 TF from Takanna and when I purchased it, she took my money but there was no Unidentified Blet in my inventory. I checked in the Buyback section, not there. Looked in bank, inventory, everywhere. no belt. However, my Tech Fragments are now depleted so I can't buy another one.
This may be a silly question, but was your character wearing a belt before? Could it have auto-equipped?

Banthabreeder
08.29.2019 , 09:29 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
This may be a silly question, but was your character wearing a belt before? Could it have auto-equipped?
Not silly question. Yes, I was wearing a 258 lvl belt and still am.
“Don’t call me a mindless philosopher, you overweight glob of grease.”

dmhammett
08.31.2019 , 03:48 AM | #6
Do I know what I'm rolling on?

Yes a random piece of gear that might be suitable for me. Why does it have to be random? Why can't I simply choose an earpiece etc I want for 250 fragments. I played for 4 hours last night doing Hammer station, arena and Onderon dailies and I only gathered 211 tech fragments. So not enough to even take a gamble. After 4 hours I'd prefer the option to at least buy a useful piece for the character I've been playing.

Is the cost too much?
Yes - especially as its only another roll of rngesus rather than a guaranteed useful piece. At least with the Ossus grind you could get 1 useful piece a week on all your characters. 1500 fragments and 1 million creds from good old Kai - No way an average player will get 1 useful piece a week. Prices are way to high.
"dmhammett"

Faith in your friends is a strength not a weakness

Loc_n_lol
08.31.2019 , 04:54 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Banthabreeder View Post
So, I've been playing for a couple of hours and saved up enough Tech Fragments to buy a Unidentified Belt for 225 TF from Takanna and when I purchased it, she took my money but there was no Unidentified Blet in my inventory.
Tried buying a belt and this was my experience as well. Chat says Bought item [Unidentified Belt] But I got nothing.
I am playing as a shield tech powertech at the time.

jedmac
08.31.2019 , 05:39 AM | #8
1. Do you understand what you are getting when you roll on an item?
2. How do you feel about the pricing of items?
3. Do you feel like rolling on these item slots is valuable?

1. No, I brought two item with a vanguard tank and nether were useful because they rolled for the wrong class.
2. The pricing at both vendor are to high with vs time you play in game. I have a specific problem with new tactical items pricing and acquisition. This is a brand new and great concept put in the game. Give people faster access to these item. Whether you do dailies, flashpoints, or ops, these items provide a fresh fun take on the same old grind for gear through multiple characters.
3. No, this concept for gearing has never been valuable to me with when trying to acquire specific gear for whatever class I am. I want to see pick from a selection of gear, not a random roll that might give me what I want. This way I don't feel like I am wasting time in game while working towards building a character for master mode operations and flashpoints.
V/R
Jed

ZionHalcyon
08.31.2019 , 07:47 AM | #9
I haven't had the opportunity yet to do this because the prices on the vendor are too damn High.

Kanci
08.31.2019 , 10:56 AM | #10
Do you understand what you are getting when you roll on an item?
- I thought I did, but didn't got a lightsaber but blaster on my warrior, so probably I didn't understood :-D.
How do you feel about the pricing of items?
- I had to run several flashpoints to get enough currency for a single item and got green 270 blaster, so I'd say that is really bad alternative to pvp or conquest. Also drops from flashpoints were better that that.
Do you feel like rolling on these item slots is valuable?
- Not enough information on this, as I'd never have that much currency on pts, but you'll collect that currency, so it's probably a good way to spent it. On the other side, you can get 5x random roll on "equipment" for 300 or 1 nice item from Zykken. So probably it's bad idea to try here as long as your equipment is low level