Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kai Zykken Merchant Feedback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Kai Zykken Merchant Feedback
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
08.29.2019 , 08:59 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

The elusive Kai Zykken sets up shop in the supplies section of each fleet to sell an ever-changing inventory of specific items. For the context of testing some things to understand about how he works. He is only available from Friday - Monday. This is how it is planned to work on live and so it is currently this way on PTS as well. Each week his inventory will change so if you don't see an item that you want, check back the next week!
  • How does the pricing feel on the items (tech fragments and credits)?
  • Do you feel like he has an adequate variety of items?
  • Anything else to add?

Thanks all!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Ahwassa
08.31.2019 , 04:26 AM | #2
I like the idea of this merchant (ok itīs eso-like but whatever).

But itīs too expensive. Since there is a cap on the components you can only get 2 items per week.
The variety is great. But the crafters probably wonīt like the RNG for the schematics.

ZionHalcyon
08.31.2019 , 07:42 AM | #3
I second this, and also for all the new Spoils of War vendors.

Everything is stupid expensive. I don't see anyone using this in its current state.

Prog
08.31.2019 , 11:38 AM | #4
The idea of weekly vendor with high quality random stock gear is cool. Except the random part.

I agree with the price comments. Everything is rather expensive. If this game turns into big grind again like it was for Gtfm MM with Masterwork crystals, its not fun. Grind should be present to just block people from getting new alts geared in 1 day. Making it weeks to gear just one toon is stupid.

So, why the RNG on all the stats? Okay I know I am buying this set bonus item, but I have no idea about the stats. Can we get some kind of mod/enhancements vendor like on pts stage 1.5? It could sell them for Tech Fragments. But at least players would know what they are buying. Its almost like I come to a market, I want to buy tomatoes and cucumbers, but there are only vegetables packs available. I buy a pack, I pay for it, I cannot refund it. I open it. 10% of it are tomatoes, 15% are cucumbers, rest is cabbage. And you are like: seriously? This is crazy, nobody will ever have fun with this.

Did I also understand you correctly that vendor's stock will vary from week to week? And it is going to be random stock? I really dont like this random thing again. What if I have all except 1 item from the set bonus and that 1 item is not spawning for a couple of weeks in the row? Those who respect themselves and their time are likely to unsub and you are going to loose all the community except the pitiful no lifers.

The game needs a reliable and stable way to get the gear each role/discipline needs. Like it was in a classic way, before the command crates - each boss drops a token, some gear can be bought through commendations. I detest WoW loot system where min maxing stats takes a very long time. It's pretty much the main reason I don't play WoW. I would really hate to see SW:ToR becoming like that.
Always available on discord: nom#7342

Nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom. Nom.

DzastinBiberi
08.31.2019 , 11:45 AM | #5
How does the pricing feel on the items (tech fragments and credits)?
Do you feel like he has an adequate variety of items?
Anything else to add?

1. It's way too expensive when it comes to tech fragments, considering the amount we get from doing OPS and M FP's combined. I did 1 KP SM and 5-6 HS on Master mode and got around 600 tech fragments. Either drop the price or increase the amount of fragments we get from various activities.

2. I personally dont like the RNG part, because of it, I couldnt get the tactical item I wanted.

3. It would be good to be able to get implants, relics, MH/OH from him.

4. Also, mod vendor would be great to have, like the one we had on Odessen.

ProbablyNotGabe
08.31.2019 , 11:56 AM | #6
I agree that things are a bit too expensive, 250k or 500k seem a lot more reasonable.

GeneralXeson
08.31.2019 , 12:28 PM | #7
I would suggest to halve the prices of all Items and remove the random part. I think 750 Tech fragments and 500.000 credits are enough for one piece of item and shouldn't be capped with a random selection. According to me you can keep the 4 days a week thing, but please find a fair solution for the current too expensive gear, which is random on top...

teclado
08.31.2019 , 12:48 PM | #8
Gear piece prices from Kai Zykken are extremely high - 1500 TF + 1M creds for everything, even bracers and belt (which historically have been cheaper due to no enhancement). I got 155 TF after 5x Vet runs of Hammer station. So that would be about 48 runs per piece. So unless other content is going to drop a lot more TF, I don't think I'll even manage a single piece per week without grinding really hardcore.

Also, in the purchase window, all the gear shows as if it has no armoring, mod, or enhancement. I'm not sure if that's intended or if it's the same situation that I experienced with a renown crate - shows as having no mods until you claim it, then mods suddenly appear. It must be a bug (I hope), else that's an insane cost for an empty piece, and I don't know where I'm supposed to get mods. I'd like to buy a piece and find out, but I don't really want to grind that much on PTS, let alone on live. The cost is extreme enough to make me give up.

Variety seems good, other than the fact that I didn't see any implant, ear, or relics. It's annoying that the class/spec filter isn't working. Having to scroll through so much stuff that is useless to me is annoying. The "Show usable" filter seems to work though.

dipstik
08.31.2019 , 01:26 PM | #9
tech frags are legacy currency right?>

Toraak
08.31.2019 , 01:32 PM | #10
Looks like they are yes.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P