Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sorcerer Ability, Tactical Item, and Set Bonus Feedback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Sorcerer Ability, Tactical Item, and Set Bonus Feedback
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Darthanimus
07.24.2019 , 05:12 PM | #71
I am playing a lightning sorc. I have tried out the new ability and tactical items. Here is my feedback.

I think that volt rush feels like a filler ability, I am not sure I like the underwhelming animation or sound effects. I think it would work better if it stacked 3 times so you could use it in fast succession having 3 charges but stacking two times feels a bit strange when playing my rotation. I think if it was off GCD like riposte it would be a better ability. I think that with elemental convection it is a far better ability.

Eyrins haste is a good tactical, it gives better mobility, I think it will be very popular.
Elemental convection is a very good tactical, my favorite. it changes up the AoE rotation nicely.
Stormwatch is good for single target focus, not sure its hugely useful if target swapping. I didn't notice any increase in dps unfortunately, but that might have been the encounter I tested it in.
Ticking force bomb, didn't notice a dps increase. probably not something I would use.
Greased lightning, didnt notice a dps increase. probably not something I would use.

I like the changes to lightning and the addition of tacticals. I feel that volt rush would be better if it had 4 charges and stacked 2 times, or 3 charges and stacked 3 times. If volt rush was off the GCD it would be an invaluable addition to lighting sorcs.
Scorpio finds the starforge, becomes an immortal AI god, and gets worshiped by Ewoks.

Red Eclipse

Darthanimus
08.05.2019 , 07:00 PM | #72
I am playing a Corruption sorcerer, I used to main this spec in previous expansions. I tested the tactical items and set bonuses in pvp, flashpoints, and operations. Here is my feedback.

Tactical Items.
One for all: I can't say I saw any difference.
All for one: I can't say I saw any difference.
RSVP plus one: Good tactical, saw better heals.
Storms succor: Ok tactical kinda think this is better suited to a dps spec for support role.

Of the Tactical items I think that it would be better to merge all for one and one for all into one tactical.

General sorcerer tactical items:
Cleanse the agony: really good for healers, will be looking for this tactical for PvP healing.
An explosive return: not worth taking, the damage dealt to enemies is too low to want to have this tactical. 16.5k single hit does not feel useful enough. Suggested force slow with damage hit on enemy to make this better.
A healing hand: May be useful for team mates that are about to die.
Endless barrier: I like this one. I would use this.

The general sorc tacticals are better than the corruption specific tacticals

Set Bonuses.
Robe of the gathering storm: good set. like the cool down it provides. It works in conjunction with utilities. Like this set for a healer.
Revitalized mystic: Saw a small force management improvement, did not experience better heals or hps in anyway.
Dire retaliation: Set should be changed to next damaging or healing ability. This would be good for healers to use.
Empowered restorer: The 20% did not work, just the consuming a stack of weary. May help with force management.

None of the sets stand out, and I feel a bit underwhelmed. I would choose the sets that help with force management, so I can heal myself out of tight spots.
Scorpio finds the starforge, becomes an immortal AI god, and gets worshiped by Ewoks.

Red Eclipse

Pizca
08.08.2019 , 03:18 AM | #73
[QUOTE=ArreynGrey;9749689]H
- Dark Consumption looks interesting, BUT... Dark Heal is not the move you want to use when you're low on Force. For a healer, this is dumb unless the healing done has been SERIOUSLY buffed, and even then, it encourages risky behavior (using a move with a heavy Force cost when you're potentially already low on Force)...

^
Agree with that
Dark Consumption for a healer is dumb, you try to avoid to be Weary with your rotation as a must , and now this Set bonus will reward you when you are Weary .... , I don't see any sense on it , specially on PVP
The actual Set bonus for healers helps with Force Management, as Consuming darkness restores an additional 5 Force. The new Set bonus should have somthing similar , and not this useless Dark Consumption

EricMusco
08.09.2019 , 09:44 AM | #74 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Updated the Sorc thread to include 4 and 6 pc bonuses from the next round of PTS.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

EmperorRus
08.09.2019 , 10:58 AM | #75
Quote:
(6) Energize now stacks up to 3 times. Force Speed immediately recharges one Volt Rush ability charge.
6 pc is clunky as hell. Screw it

Quote:
Gaining a stack of Energize increases your critical chance by 15% for 15 seconds. This effect can only occur once every 15 seconds.
Quote:
Activating Volt Rush increases the critical chance of your next Dark Heal, Force Lightning, Force Leech or Thundering Blast by 5%. Stacks up to 3 times
Quote:
Damage dealt by Volt Rush heals you for 2% of your maximum health.
Quote:
Activating Volt Rush reduces the cooldown of Recklessness by 5 seconds. Every enemy affected by Volt Rush takes 20% more damage from your next Force Lightning or Lightning Bolt.

ottffsse
08.09.2019 , 12:40 PM | #76
The changes to sorc look more and more promising as things are tested/ ironed out.

But Eric, please consider taking Volt Rush -or at the least the first initial Volt Rush (from the three one can cast) off the global cooldown and make it an ability we can activate in conjunction with another attack. That would be a great adjustment to build it in rotationally into madness and lightning as a more potent filler as well as allow corruption sorc to contribute to dps in harder content without sacrificing on healing. Given that Volt Rush particularly the first one does less damage than either Lightning Strike or Lightning Bolt that makes sense to do and allow us to integrate it into our rotations.
Click my referral, get free stuff:
http://www.swtor.com/r/gFbhFZ

EmperorRus
08.18.2019 , 03:57 AM | #77
Quote:
Set Bonuses
That doesn't make any sense. What about specific set-bonuses(PvE, PvE, Lightning, Madness) instead of random ones.

bladech
08.19.2019 , 04:41 AM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Updated the Sorc thread to include 4 and 6 pc bonuses from the next round of PTS.

-eric
I see you guys decided to make a new range class fotm in addition to merc. You want to ruin pvp and loose your subs since sins get useless set bonuses and tacticals like using phantom stride while in stealth buffs discharge (lol who will use close up ability in stealth), mara gets mad dash critical hit while in camouflage (no comments at all) but yeah sorc gets damage buff in big percentages and sorcs tacticals even look extended (one + one + one) lol.

Volt Flux - Volt Rush triggers Lightning Storm when activated. Chain Lightning spreads the Energized effect and causes your next Volt Rush to arc to nearby targets.
Like 3 effects lol ls proc + spreading effect of energize + making volt rush possible on other targets

Ruthless Demolition - Demolish deals 20% more damage on initial hit. Additionally, under Polarity Shift, Demolish resets the cooldown of Force Leech, and causes the next Force Leech to activate instantly.

HUGE DAMAGE buff+ reset cool down + making instant

DEvs when you will finally learn that making new fotm class ruins the game and makes people unsub. If i see sorcs recking all ranked arena and everyone swapping to playing sorcs i will unsub first

ottffsse
09.26.2019 , 06:34 AM | #79
I see you guys tweaked Gathering Storm a bit in the last patch. And the tactical(s?) on Lightning.
I think the changes are great -they balance the two sorc/sage dps classes well against one another and the buff to damage in the gathering storm set really addresses the burst damage windows on both specs, which was a weak point of sorcerers from the prior nerfs in 5.0 etc.

EDIT: if you are going to have force speed buff a force attack by 20% in the gathering storm set, can you somehow make it not apply to dots....because my dots are eating up the buff on either spec before I get Death Field / Leech / Thunderblast or whatever off after hitting force speed. That is the only criticism to how that set works. Thanks.
Click my referral, get free stuff:
http://www.swtor.com/r/gFbhFZ

EmperorRus
10.04.2019 , 10:14 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Demolish deals 20% more damage on initial hit. Additionally, under Polarity Shift, Demolish resets the cooldown of Force Leech, and causes the next Force Leech to activate instantly.
Take the GCD off proc-Leech