Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Required Conquest point totals seem too high

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Required Conquest point totals seem too high
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Shirvington
07.25.2019 , 02:25 AM | #1
I really hope the personal and guild Conquest point totals on the PTS are placeholders of some kind.

50k for personal seems way too much even in light of the bonus points from exp conversion. (15k on live to 50k on PTS??)
Guild: 500k for small yield, 2mil for medium yield, 5mil for large yield? Granted, the specific conquest objs were buffed, but these numbers seem way out of whack.

Your goal was for more players to achieve Conquest, and on live, mission accomplished! It seems a significant backtrack to ramp personal up to 50k.

EricMusco
07.25.2019 , 10:44 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Although the numbers you are seeing may still be in flux, the spirit of them is correct. However, not only have the totals been increased, but the Objectives values are being completed by the same multiplier. We are doing this to help balance out the value of objectives vs passive command points a bit.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Enomars
07.25.2019 , 10:54 AM | #3
i was struggling to get the 15k a week...

Kaveat
07.25.2019 , 11:00 AM | #4
Unless the point gains are getting an equal inflation adjustment/expansion, this is going to kill conquest (and Guilds) all over again.

Now, if this was preliminary to characters having a scaling reward (small/medium/large), then you might be on to something, but 50k as a baseline with the current system is pure bloat.
[end of line]
I have never 'suffered' from insanity... I always enjoy every minute of it!
No [Big Red Button] to push? OK, fine, you can click this one instead: [Referal Button]

Toraak
07.25.2019 , 11:04 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Although the numbers you are seeing may still be in flux, the spirit of them is correct. However, not only have the totals been increased, but the Objectives values are being completed by the same multiplier. We are doing this to help balance out the value of objectives vs passive command points a bit.

-eric
Does this also mean the amount we get from doing normal quests (like dailies, story quest, or heroics) will also be increased? I enjoy doing dailies or the like for some of my characters for conquest, while I do the Objectives listed on other characters each week. For an example I wake up early, I do dailies for while for conquest, after lunch I'll swap characters and do PvP, GSF or Operations for conquest.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

Alyxzander_Boo
07.25.2019 , 11:09 AM | #6
50K a week , per toon ...wow ,umm you do understand we have jobs and families right ? we cant spend 16h a day playing a video game lol

Delta_V
07.25.2019 , 11:27 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Toraak View Post
Does this also mean the amount we get from doing normal quests (like dailies, story quest, or heroics) will also be increased? I enjoy doing dailies or the like for some of my characters for conquest, while I do the Objectives listed on other characters each week. For an example I wake up early, I do dailies for while for conquest, after lunch I'll swap characters and do PvP, GSF or Operations for conquest.
I suspect not, since they are trying to make the actual conquest objectives more important. Right now, it's easy to hit the goal just by knocking out a few weekly missions and ignoring the objectives. With a high enough stronghold multiplier, I'm pretty sure CZ-198 alone can get you between 1/3 and 1/2 of the way to the goal for a few minutes' work.

The new numbers may or may not be reasonable, but I can understand the spirit of the change.
Satele Shan - The Shepard Legacy
Sibbel - Sentinel Ethmandel - Commando
Shayar'a - Guardian Nassan'a - Sage
Issmenna - Gunslinger ]Shalla - Sniper

Shadran
07.25.2019 , 11:30 AM | #8
Oof, nope, don't like that. I would have to agree with the earlier point made that this will just make conquest meaningless to smaller guilds again. I can appreciate the "spirit"...but the aforementioned numbers are quite the knee jerk response.
If you're looking for a fun guild, check out Ghosts of Alderaan

Hey, I got a fancy referral link too! Use it?
http://www.swtor.com/r/9DknYq

Cerixy
07.25.2019 , 11:37 AM | #9
I remember saying this to one of my former guild members when they added the "conquest points for anything and everything" that conquest will be changed, the requirements would be upped and they said "no, why would they?".

The current 15k can be hit in less than an hour, most of the time I smash the 15k without even noticing and thats not by being a no lifer, its by just doing stuff, not standing around on the fleet/SH's, I do heroics, flashpoints and so on, I don't always go to massive efforts to skip everything.

50K would be alt unfriendly tbh and that would take longer, I'd probably manage a character over 2 evenings if it was 50k. Unless you add the old heroic objectives each week with the ability to repeat(silver triangle) that objective and 1k points each.

Delta_V
07.25.2019 , 11:52 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerixy View Post
I remember saying this to one of my former guild members when they added the "conquest points for anything and everything" that conquest will be changed, the requirements would be upped and they said "no, why would they?".

The current 15k can be hit in less than an hour, most of the time I smash the 15k without even noticing and thats not by being a no lifer, its by just doing stuff, not standing around on the fleet/SH's, I do heroics, flashpoints and so on, I don't always go to massive efforts to skip everything.

50K would be alt unfriendly tbh and that would take longer, I'd probably manage a character over 2 evenings if it was 50k. Unless you add the old heroic objectives each week with the ability to repeat(silver triangle) that objective and 1k points each.
We'll have to see how much they increase the points for objectives. Hopefully it will still be possible to hit the target on a few alts by focusing on the objectives. If they make it take most of the week to hit it on one character, that's a problem. But I'm not opposed to changes that make it so you can't just knock out the Black Hole and CZ-198 weeklies and almost hit your weekly goal in like half an hour.
Satele Shan - The Shepard Legacy
Sibbel - Sentinel Ethmandel - Commando
Shayar'a - Guardian Nassan'a - Sage
Issmenna - Gunslinger ]Shalla - Sniper