Sith Sorcerer Feedback

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

If you are looking to get started on PTS, please check the Welcome to Phase 1 post, here. Please use this thread to share your thoughts on the Sorcerer tactical items and set bonuses after getting your hands on them on PTS.

Be sure to be as specific as possible in your feedback!

-eric

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So tested Volt Rush, i may be missing something but it hits for basically nothing unless you use it 3 times in a row, at that point you are better off using Lightning Bolt, is there a passive that will let you gain Energize stacks from something other than Volt Rush when 6.0 comes out? Other wise i dont see any reason to use Volt Rush other than with the AoE tactical for the couple fights i could do with more AoE.

This is just a first impression for Lightning Sorc. It's hard to really get a good feel for everything with the ui not working properly/no class buffs, etc. I just wanted to say that Stormwatch is fun!

I'm not sure you want it counting as 15-20% of our damage (a few of my parses had it as the top damage dealer) but it makes me feel super powerful :cool:

The other tacticals I've tested don't really come close in terms of dps, or appeal. Back to testing :p

Polarity shift cant be activated while im playing madness sorcerer, I think the tactical mythics ruthless blade is broken or the set bonus for gather storm is bugged.

The polarity shift is not reducing its cooldown by 5 seconds, its not reducing the cooldown at all to be honest.

tactical ideas

tactical - force lightning can we used while moving, but channels 30% slower

tactical - force barrier pushed all nearby enemies 30m back when activated

tactical - force barrier is now an instant activation instead of a channel and give you 90% damage reduction for 10 seconds.

Volt rush doesn't make sense in the madness rotation.

Someone please enlighten me if this has use for madness.. because i'm seeing it as a inconvenience atm.

Maybe a tactical that enlarges death field radius, and less around buffing the volt rush for madness.

Volt rush doesn't make sense in the madness rotation.

Someone please enlighten me if this has use for madness.. because i'm seeing it as a inconvenience atm.

Maybe a tactical that enlarges death field radius, and less around buffing the volt rush for madness.

just make force lightning energize instead ... problem elegantly solved

The healing set bonuses to me feel underwhelming. I don't feel like the Empowered Restorer set is worthwhile. I also feel like the Revitalized Mystic set bonus needs to restore more force, currently, it is doing almost nothing.

My initial thoughts for Sorc (though mostly Lightning) based on my initial and limited testing:

Volt Rush

Honestly this ability feels horrible. For lightning, you can work it into the rotation, but the damage is so bad that it is a dps loss. It is only worth using if you take the Element Convention tactical. For Madness the ability feels even worse. It doesn't slot into the rotation well at all, and the damage feels even worse than in Lightning.

I like the idea of the ability, but right now it has very niche uses, and that is not what a new damage ability should be. I would suggest either increasing the base damage or increasing the damage buff granted by energize. I would suggest the latter and making the damage buff 45-50% per stack.

Possible bugs with this ability. Once max stacks are reached, the next use of Volt Rush consumes all the stacks.

Set Bonuses

Gathering Storm - This set bonus is ok. I like the increased duration of polarity shift, though having to use force speed to trigger that, and trigger the reduced cooldown is a little wonky

Endless Offensive - This tactical is really lackluster, mainly bc Volt Rush doesnt do enough damage.

The stat increases on the 2 and 4 pieces are not very good. They say +2% but they are only increasing the base stat by 2%. I don't know if this is a wording error or a bug. Given that the 6 pieces aren't amazing, i think the fact that the 2 and 4 pieces give so little is very underwhelming.

Tacticals

Stormwatch is amazing. Even though it doesn't really change how Lightning plays, the visuals are amazing and the damage is awesome!

Element Convention feels great to use on multi-target fights.The slight change in rotation is fun and rewarding.

I'm still testing the other tacticals, but the rest don't seem very good or fun.

Ticking Force-Bomb isn't really worth taking. Maybe if it increased the chance for both Thundering Blast and Crushing Darkness to activate it may be better, though I still don't think it would be worth taking.

The Rushdown is a good idea, but suffers from the fact that Volt Rush does too little damage.

I have not tested the other tacticals yet.

Tactical item

force speed makes you immune to cc, stuns, and roots.

(For madness spec only) I felt very squishy while I was playing on the pts, and I was stun locked almost the entire time.

Edited by Delani

So, just trying out some things and it looks like Elemental Convention is ok for Multi-target DPS - it is obvious when using it, the setup is Force Storm->Chain Lightning->Volt Rush.

Don't know how useful it is because I am trying out abilities on Korriban to get used to them, but function seems ok (although based on comments from others, DPS needs to be tweaked). It's clear though this is meant to be a trash-clearing tactical.

Going to try The Rushdown next, and then Stormwatch because people seem to be enjoying that one the most.

Edit: Need to look at these more closely. I see now it has specs listed and I am not a madness sorc - trying stormwatch next.

Edited by ZionHalcyon