Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When Can We Test 6.0 Combat, etc.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
When Can We Test 6.0 Combat, etc.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MandFlurry
07.11.2019 , 09:30 AM | #1
I thought we would have started this last month. I gotta say, i don't like it when they said they planned on having this on PTS in at least June, and nothing has happened. It doesn't give me a good feeling.
Got CE on 7/20/11
Canderous Ordo ServerRegulator
Referral for Star Wars Goodness
http://www.swtor.com/r/hzQMWp

Damask_Rose
07.11.2019 , 08:56 PM | #2
I would like to know too. My brain doesn't wrap around the changes when I read about them. I need to try them to give reasonable feedback.

DavidAtkinson
07.11.2019 , 10:13 PM | #3
Most likely around 1 month before release..

KoriVash
07.12.2019 , 12:47 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
I would like to know too. My brain doesn't wrap around the changes when I read about them. I need to try them to give reasonable feedback.
Agreed, reading about it and actually trying it in game are very different.

MandFlurry
07.12.2019 , 03:35 AM | #5
I thought Eric said mid June, this year heheh :/ Maybe he said July, but i lose confidence in the game, when they tell us we can expect it on Public Test, and then don't have it. It's like they are trying to hide things we may not like.
Got CE on 7/20/11
Canderous Ordo ServerRegulator
Referral for Star Wars Goodness
http://www.swtor.com/r/hzQMWp

TonyTricicolo
07.12.2019 , 03:55 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by MandFlurry View Post
I thought we would have started this last month. I gotta say, i don't like it when they said they planned on having this on PTS in at least June, and nothing has happened. It doesn't give me a good feeling.
Will 6.0 release on time? Shakes magic 8 ball. Chances are unlikely!
STRYDER SWG Sunrunner/SWGLegends
TONY NOVA SWTOR Shadowlands/Star Forge
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vNnj3G

lord-angelus
07.12.2019 , 08:16 AM | #7
This is the new ' CHOICES MATTER' bs. 'Play your own way', 'we will take your feedback and built together'

Don't expect anything.

EricMusco
07.12.2019 , 12:35 PM | #8 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by MandFlurry View Post
Hey there,

Let me add some clarity to our PTS schedule and then I can let you know the current plan for getting hands-on with PTS. So, when we initially talked about when PTS would be available I don't think we framed it very well. When we stated June, we didn't necessarily mean playable in June, but that would we would be providing you with in-depth information where you could start providing feedback. Throughout the whole PTS process there are going to be two components:
  1. Giving you the details on the PTS forum so that you can provide your thoughts and feedback.
  2. Placing those same things as playable on PTS to get your hands-on feedback.
Obviously we are at step 1 of that process right now but we definitely understand that you are all very eager to get your hands on Onslaught. Tentatively, we are aiming to have the initial version of PTS up next week. This PTS will contain the information which we have revealed to you on the PTS forum up to this point, so, tacticals, set bonuses, and the new abilities of:
  • Sith Inquisitor
  • Sith Warrior
  • Sorcerer
  • Assassin
  • Juggernaut
  • Marauder
Keep in mind that next week is tentative and could change. We will have a blog to coincide with the launch of PTS to give you all of the details.

Thanks!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

fushnchips
07.12.2019 , 01:19 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey there,

Let me add some clarity to our PTS schedule and then I can let you know the current plan for getting hands-on with PTS. So, when we initially talked about when PTS would be available I don't think we framed it very well. When we stated June, we didn't necessarily mean playable in June, but that would we would be providing you with in-depth information where you could start providing feedback. Throughout the whole PTS process there are going to be two components:
  1. Giving you the details on the PTS forum so that you can provide your thoughts and feedback.
  2. Placing those same things as playable on PTS to get your hands-on feedback.
Obviously we are at step 1 of that process right now but we definitely understand that you are all very eager to get your hands on Onslaught. Tentatively, we are aiming to have the initial version of PTS up next week. This PTS will contain the information which we have revealed to you on the PTS forum up to this point, so, tacticals, set bonuses, and the new abilities of:
  • Sith Inquisitor
  • Sith Warrior
  • Sorcerer
  • Assassin
  • Juggernaut
  • Marauder
Keep in mind that next week is tentative and could change. We will have a blog to coincide with the launch of PTS to give you all of the details.

Thanks!

-eric
Eric 6.0 should have been in the testing phases 2 months ago it's sad to see decisions like this that will impact quality control in a huge way with bugs that may take months to fix I hope Bioware could learn from mistakes of the past but they seem to be lurking again and I really want 6.0 to do very well.
Pineapple on Pizza for life

Free stuff for you and me click here : Refer a Friend

KTap
07.12.2019 , 01:23 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by fushnchips View Post
Eric 6.0 should have been in the testing phases 2 months ago it's sad to see decisions like this that will impact quality control in a huge way with bugs that may take months to fix I hope Bioware could learn from mistakes of the past but they seem to be lurking again and I really want 6.0 to do very well.
At this point they should delay 6.0, there's not enough time left for everything they're trying to do and releasing the expansion in a bad state will do more harm than good.
Lord Veijel