Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Master Dacrons after update 6.0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Master Dacrons after update 6.0
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JACKERTAKY
07.11.2019 , 07:54 AM | #1
What will happen to master dacrons after the 6.0 update, as its meant to be changing the gear system and upping the level cap so does that mean using MD's after the update won't work or will it carry on like normal?

SteveTheCynic
07.11.2019 , 12:20 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by JACKERTAKY View Post
What will happen to master dacrons after the 6.0 update, as its meant to be changing the gear system and upping the level cap so does that mean using MD's after the update won't work or will it carry on like normal?
Nobody knows yet. For sure they will do something with / to it, but it's by no means clear what.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

JACKERTAKY
07.11.2019 , 03:21 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Nobody knows yet. For sure they will do something with / to it, but it's by no means clear what.
Well I've got 6 more toons to make and use the MD on them, so gusse I should do all that before 6.0 comes out then right?

FlatTax
07.11.2019 , 03:42 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by JACKERTAKY View Post
Well I've got 6 more toons to make and use the MD on them, so gusse I should do all that before 6.0 comes out then right?
I suspect they'll remain the same, for a time. Eventually, they'll probably confer the new max level, but not right out of the gate in September.

When the Level-75 MDs hit, I doubt the old ones will be retroactive, because that'd be too pro-consumer.

QuinlanSaathis
07.11.2019 , 06:40 PM | #5
I don't think it will make much difference
Its only 5 levels and I highly doubt they will change the available gear.

Paulsutherland
07.12.2019 , 05:08 AM | #6
Leave it or update it would be my guess.

EricMusco
07.12.2019 , 12:19 PM | #7 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey there,

So there are two things that have level boost components I can cover, the Outlander token and the Master's Datacron. Before I jump into it, just know that this is the current plan and is subject to change.
  • Outlander Token - Currently, you can use this token to create a brand new character to either be level 60 at the start of KOTFE, or level 65 at the start of KOTET. In Onslaught, the functionality of the token will partially change. You will now be able to create a new character at level 60 at the start of KOTFE, or at level 70 at the start of Ossus.
  • Master's Datacron - In short, nothing is going to change about the Master's Datacron at the launch of Onslaught. At some point in the future we may add a level 75 version of the Datacron, but nothing is planned near the launch of the expansion.

Thanks!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

OlBuzzard
07.12.2019 , 01:33 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey there,

So there are two things that have level boost components I can cover, the Outlander token and the Master's Datacron. Before I jump into it, just know that this is the current plan and is subject to change.
  • Outlander Token - Currently, you can use this token to create a brand new character to either be level 60 at the start of KOTFE, or level 65 at the start of KOTET. In Onslaught, the functionality of the token will partially change. You will now be able to create a new character at level 60 at the start of KOTFE, or at level 70 at the start of Ossus.
  • Master's Datacron - In short, nothing is going to change about the Master's Datacron at the launch of Onslaught. At some point in the future we may add a level 75 version of the Datacron, but nothing is planned near the launch of the expansion.

Thanks!

-eric
Hmmmm
[/scratches head]

There's actually a couple things I like about this..
1. The OPTION of choosing what level or point in time for the new character (pre KotFE or OSSUS )
2. And the master's datacron is OK for now as well.

OH ... I might ask this. I have been saving one of the "free Character Boosts" for several years now (to level 70). Will I still get one more?

I'm kind of hoping yes. That gives me 2 of the 3... And yes I kind of have a little plan I'm looking at that goes hand in hand with 6.0
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

fushnchips
07.12.2019 , 01:55 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey there,

Thanks!

-eric
Why not make the Masters Datacron give you a full set of 252 ?
Pineapple on Pizza for life

Free stuff for you and me click here : Refer a Friend

SteveTheCynic
07.12.2019 , 06:02 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by fushnchips View Post
Why not make the Masters Datacron give you a full set of 252 ?
Because a full set of 230 will be enough for the beginning of Onslaught.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.