Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Could I get an official answer regarding macros?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Could I get an official answer regarding macros?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

lord-angelus
03.02.2019 , 05:13 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
He has other YouTube vids for his channel, so I had a look and you he goes back to his character lists sometimes.
It’s very handy to take a screen shot of those names and you know it’s him if you see those names.
I’ll be watching out for those macros
But technically this is not a macro. One key = one action,

For example if he did it like this 1 press of macroKeyOne = Ability 1 +1,4S delay + Ability 2+.... so on or
1 press of macroKeyTwo = Ability 1+ 1.4S delay + Ability 1+... so on and on

that would be indeed violation of ToS, but all this guy is doing 1 key + 1 ability. Sure he doesnt need to remember his opener or rotation but technically its 1 key = 1 ability. Anyway even if he used macro's its not like that they can track and ban him.

There is swtor krazer keyboard and mouse which whole point of selling these devices macros and keybind. Impressive work tough by the guys end

lord-angelus
03.02.2019 , 05:22 AM | #12
After the second look of ToS , this is not even a gray area, its just pure legal. I don't think it will apply all well to all classes and even trees but seems like working pretty well for Fury Mara. For example you can not set this for deception , cause you need 3 stacks of discharge to fire, or maul and shock needs to be lit before activation. Same goes well as pt as well. Really impressive job

TrixxieTriss
03.02.2019 , 06:35 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by lord-angelus View Post
After the second look of ToS , this is not even a gray area, its just pure legal. I don't think it will apply all well to all classes and even trees but seems like working pretty well for Fury Mara. For example you can not set this for deception , cause you need 3 stacks of discharge to fire, or maul and shock needs to be lit before activation. Same goes well as pt as well. Really impressive job
You mean this one :

Quote:
You may not use macros, add-ons or other stored rapid keystrokes, "dupes," "cheats" or other patterns of play that facilitate acquisition of items, currency, objects, character attributes, rank or status at an accelerated rate
http://www.swtor.com/legalnotices/rulesofconduct
That’s pretty black and white as far as I can see.

LD_Little_Dragon
03.02.2019 , 11:51 AM | #14
It's cheating, pure and simple. There is a difference between pressing different keys for your rotation, and pressing one key only.

It's obviously easier to do a rotation by hitting 1,1,1,1 over the usual 1,2,3,4 type of keybindings.
Stealthy heals, stealthy dps, stealthy tank.

Mubrak
03.02.2019 , 01:44 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by LD_Little_Dragon View Post
It's obviously easier to do a rotation by hitting 1,1,1,1 over the usual 1,2,3,4 type of keybindings.
IDK, maybe in PVE, but who cares there? In PVP you get interrupted, stunned, pushed away, your target starts kiting, debuffs get cleansed, etc. If you can't finish your rotation you still need to hit the key a few times to move the macro to step 1. In doing so, you waste GCDs and might mess up your resource management.

Seems more effort to keep the macro in sync with your actual rotation than simply memorizing the keybinds.
Let us sort our companion list and hide or kick out the unwanted ones!

http://www.swtor.com/r/rszTdG

lord-angelus
03.02.2019 , 02:52 PM | #16
@trixi

No I mean this one
It is okay to bind a macro that performs abilities after each other as long as it still requires the user to press the button on the physical keyboard each time a new action is performed

That is exactly what this guy is doing. Official response

InfamousDolphin
07.09.2019 , 01:16 PM | #17
Just FYI, they can and will ban you, permanently, for using macros. For example, mapping the G1 button on your Logitech keyboard to CTRL-SHIFT-1, CTRL-1, 1. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow. You might even play that way every day from the day the game opened until today.

But once they notice it, you will be banned. No appeal. No warning. No second chances.

EricMusco
07.09.2019 , 02:15 PM | #18 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
This is a topic that usually pops up every couple of years so I am happy to commit some more yellow text to it. This is a pretty good summary though:

Quote: Originally Posted by MadDutchman View Post
Put another way, the rule is 1 keystroke/key combination = 1 action.
That is the simplest explanation of rules that can get a bit complex. If it feels like you are doing something that might be against the rules, your best bet is to avoid it. And of course, avoid things like automation / botting completely as these types of actions can risk your account.

Thanks!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

lord-angelus
07.09.2019 , 03:35 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by InfamousDolphin View Post
Just FYI, they can and will ban you, permanently, for using macros. For example, mapping the G1 button on your Logitech keyboard to CTRL-SHIFT-1, CTRL-1, 1. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow. You might even play that way every day from the day the game opened until today.

But once they notice it, you will be banned. No appeal. No warning. No second chances.
There is no omegalul, so I can't put there but OMEGALUL! the game doesn't have any anticheat detection system dude what are you talking about! People are botting left and right, just look at the nar shaada night life event. People place characters there with simple mouse macro for 2 weeks now already without even moving 😂

XxDarkMagicianxX
07.10.2019 , 01:35 PM | #20
I'm gonna be honest with you, I use a macro for gift giving. I set it on like a 1.3 sec timer then watch tv or surf the net because that channeling crap for gifts is ridiculous even with the reductions in legacy. They should add another rank that makes it instant or allow stacks to be given at once. If they want to ban me for that while all these gold sellers and botting people run rampant, more power to them. I'll take my sub money else where lol