Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free-to-Play and Preferred Player Adjustments

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Free-to-Play and Preferred Player Adjustments
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DanielSteed
06.20.2019 , 09:15 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello everyone!

Today we made an announcement about reducing some of the limitations for Free-to-Play and Preferred players. More specifically adjustments to credit caps, Quickbars, Medical Probes, and Quick Travel!
Daniel Steed | Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

TheDenniR
06.20.2019 , 09:35 AM | #2
Much too few credits you give, 10 million for preferential and 5 million for F2P would be more appropriate! 1 million is just too little for the current economy here in the game, I think you just have no idea.
My referall link: http://www.swtor.com/r/rWPYBf

kalelrojin
06.20.2019 , 09:37 AM | #3
This will cause an influx of credit bots and the like. Won’t it? What improvements are you making to prevent credit bots and scammers like it? What improvements are you making to allow us to ignore such bots so the gen chat in game is not littered with credit site advertisements? When will we be able to have one shared ignore list for our whole account and not tied to per toon? When will we be able to ignore a toon’s entire legacy?

Kiesu
06.20.2019 , 09:47 AM | #4
Could we have an adjustment to how many WZs a preferred player can do? 5 a week is so low.

I would also argue letting preferred do SM OPS would be beneficial to the playerbase. They're currently rather easy and would serve as an activity boost and learning experience to those looking to maybe do more group content.

I'm always very sad when I'm unsubbed and some casual guildies get stuck in OPS with a DC tank or healer and cant complete the ops. I'd happily step in, but the system thinks I'm not worthy helper if my sub is lapsed, and can only say sorry and do a sad emoji in /g when asked for a hand
Refer! - Pawn alignment funzies - [Add impressive e-peen brag here]
What made Origin stories superior to KotFE/ET? All 8 story characters could co-exist.
Level and world designer, comic artist, general RP nerd and occasional snark novelist.
Legions of Lettow → Tomb of Freedon Nadd → Red Eclipse → Darth Malgus.

TheRandomno
06.20.2019 , 09:55 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by kalelrojin View Post
This will cause an influx of [credit seller] bots and the like.
Probably not a good idea to reference a credit selling site by name on the forums.

How exactly will this affect credit sellers? The only relevant change is the credit cap, and I'm sure credit sellers keep at least a few subbed accounts to store their credits on.

Regarding the changes, the new cap is nice but won't make much difference with today's prices. As for the Quick Travel and Medical Probe changes, I don't remember having any restriction on Quick Travel as preferred, and the medical probes were capped at 5 uses. Removing the restriction is good though.

Iymurra
06.20.2019 , 09:55 AM | #6
1 mil should at least cover most gear re-socketing and augmenting costs. 2 to 3 mil would be better for preferred I think. If you upped it to 5 or 10 mil people who wouldn't otherwise might start to play with the GTN creating a better market.

I'm of accord that you should unlock Ops. Currently the population in operations is... terrible. SM at least. If you opened it up to F2P sm ops might actually become playable. Hell, open up HM EV & KP & EC while you're at it. Those have been around for what... almost a decade now? They're not new content by a long shot. Nor are most subs doing them for anything other than quick conquest. Giving F2P and Preferred access to some aspirational content might help make them not so bloody terrible at playing the game.

Stariessaber
06.20.2019 , 09:57 AM | #7
I do have a question for people who have previously obtained an additional quickbar, will they also receive this additional qucikbar? So for example Preferred currently have four, then have purchased an additional one so now have 5, will this addition mean they will have six.

Also what will happen with existing purchases medical probes and quick travel passes after once these changes are implemented?

DarthYun
06.20.2019 , 10:09 AM | #8
Good job.

Now consider removing more or make them less of a "perceived" limitation of the game. I think there is a lot of these limitations that are perceived as a big one and make no sense to be in the game. Consider removing more cause personally I think they are "perceived" as big ones for new players and a big turnoff.
pre nerf Bane of Baneful Banthas
Pre Nerf Bane of Izax
Pre Nerf Revanchist
Deposer of the Fortress
Conqueror of the Dread Masters
2014 Revanchist
World First Tyth
World First Repside Sisters pre 248 gear
Server First EC timed
pre nerf ravenchist
post buff raven
pre German world first repside Nahut (0 deaths)
World 1st Izax repside without memes
World 1st Izax 15.5m (also without memes but with meme people)
world 2nd original roster Gods Timed (no kicks)
World 2nd timed without exploits (knightmera poweru)
world first main repside team gods timed nim impside timed run timed (nightmare power)
World 1st Collicoid Queen 8m HM (no graba jerba)
World 1st Collicoid Queer 16m HM (no enrage 5 stack ez timed)

LordDarrack
06.20.2019 , 10:21 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by kalelrojin View Post
This will cause an influx of gamereasy bots and the like. Won’t it? What improvements are you making to prevent credit bots and scammers like it? What improvements are you making to allow us to ignore such bots so the gen chat in game is not littered with gamereasy advertisements? When will we be able to have one shared ignore list for our whole account and not tied to per toon? When will we be able to ignore a toon’s entire legacy?
Easy answer is mate 'Never'.
They don't care, bots and credit selling scammers have been rife since launch, they have no idea how to stop it, not a Scooby.
Its pretty obvious they lack the skill as a company to deal with it otherwise they would have removed the ability for them to spam mail/chat as other games have successfully done.

Be safe
"The Experience of Survival is the key to the Gravity of Love"

kodrac
06.20.2019 , 10:34 AM | #10
Sweet! Now I can start overpricing things up to a million!

Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
I’d find it hard to believe this sort of thing goes on in the preferential treatment forum.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post
or Kodrac, for saying everything I want to say, but he takes one for team and gets a warning.