Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Old class skills to return in the new expansion?"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
"Old class skills to return in the new expansion?"
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Swook
06.19.2019 , 05:26 AM | #1
Hey Musco.

Can you answer this question? In the new expansion we would be able to customize our skills, Any chance old skills would be returning so players can play as they want to. Like Project and Telekinetic Throw etc back to Jedi Shadow or Full Auto and Mortar Volley and Sticky Grenade etc back to Vanguard DPS specs. Death From Above and Unload etc back to Powertech Bounty hunter so players can play as they want to, either as it is now to have as much DPS as possible or returning skills and play just for fun, you know...more options.

And If More Old gear and weapons can return before 4.0 launched that was removed. the ones I mean are old Planetary vendor items and also old rewards gear and weapons that was changed at some point.

Swook.

Delani
06.19.2019 , 06:20 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Swook View Post
Hey Musco.

Can you answer this question? In the new expansion we would be able to customize our skills, Any chance old skills would be returning so players can play as they want to. Like Project and Telekinetic Throw etc back to Jedi Shadow or Full Auto and Mortar Volley and Sticky Grenade etc back to Vanguard DPS specs. Death From Above and Unload etc back to Powertech Bounty hunter so players can play as they want to, either as it is now to have as much DPS as possible or returning skills and play just for fun, you know...more options.

And If More Old gear and weapons can return before 4.0 launched that was removed. the ones I mean are old Planetary vendor items and also old rewards gear and weapons that was changed at some point.

Swook.
They are giving death from above to bounty hunters

SteveTheCynic
06.19.2019 , 08:04 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Swook View Post
Hey Musco.

Can you answer this question? In the new expansion we would be able to customize our skills, Any chance old skills would be returning so players can play as they want to.
I think you're reading more into the announcement than is there. As I read it, they will be allowing us to customise the abilities we have by adding modifiers to them, rather like the current set bonus modifiers do (but with more flexibility).

There is, of course, a separate question about the lists of abilities, but that list is unlikely to be customisable.

That said, if they want to bring back Nut Stab(1) for Guardians, I'm all for it.

(1) Um. The old version of Blade Dance. You turn around and use a reversed grip strike to stab the enemy in the gut. A BT2 female fighting a Strong (silver) or stronger human-shaped foe will, because the foe is bigger than ordinary foes, stab the foe somewhere ... lower. Use your imagination.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

EricMusco
06.19.2019 , 08:14 AM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
I will double check but I don't believe that is part of the plan. I do know that was discussed as something we would look into as an option, but no plans currently.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Baletraeger
06.19.2019 , 08:45 AM | #5
Yes Merc Rocket Punch. Yes PT Unload.

Just open up all those abilities that you locked to advanced class. Who cares if they caused ability bloat? They gave flavor. We don't need a streamlined system, let metas get created by the players.

Strazzen
06.19.2019 , 09:13 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Baletraeger View Post
Yes Merc Rocket Punch. Yes PT Unload.

Just open up all those abilities that you locked to advanced class. Who cares if they caused ability bloat? They gave flavor. We don't need a streamlined system, let metas get created by the players.

Really ??
You truly want OP Min-Maxer's ?? {{ I'm guessing that you are one, yes ?? }}
For my 2 credits worth, 'No Thank You '
Yes, it may be streamlined, yes you can't do 'Hybrids' hardly at all. But there is a reason for that.
It's called "Min--Maxing just for Bigger Number Crunches" , which most if not, well , just most PvP'ers are
along with hardcore Raiders. For the other majority of Casual players who don't over think the game , the numbers and the statistics , we just want a Game that is fun , and entertaining. I don't need to have to worry about
'Keeping Up With the Jone's' {{PvP'ers , Hardcore Raiders, etc...}} and watch every single number combination, OP Min--Maxing & Number Crunchers. It just gets old , fast. Very Fast.
Thanks ,
The Sir Strazzen
"The only thing that has ever mattered in Battle & War is
'The W' . Winning is not everything , it is the only thing. "
http://www.swtor.com/r/dyZ5v8<--Click for Referral Free Stuff

Unperson
06.19.2019 , 09:15 AM | #7
Yes please. For both aesthetic (old Ravage) and practical (Slice Droid) reasons, I'd love the option to have some of these things back.

Nemmar
06.19.2019 , 09:24 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Unperson View Post
Yes please. For both aesthetic (old Ravage) and practical (Slice Droid) reasons, I'd love the option to have some of these things back.
For the love of god, don't bring back the old broken ravage. Current one is a huge improvement.

Channeled abilities for melee are a terrible idea.

I wish people weren't so nostalgic all the time and thought about what these things means for class design.

Stookydroid
06.19.2019 , 10:07 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Strazzen View Post
Really ??
You truly want OP Min-Maxer's ?? {{ I'm guessing that you are one, yes ?? }}
For my 2 credits worth, 'No Thank You '
Yes, it may be streamlined, yes you can't do 'Hybrids' hardly at all. But there is a reason for that.
It's called "Min--Maxing just for Bigger Number Crunches" , which most if not, well , just most PvP'ers are
along with hardcore Raiders. For the other majority of Casual players who don't over think the game , the numbers and the statistics , we just want a Game that is fun , and entertaining. I don't need to have to worry about
'Keeping Up With the Jone's' {{PvP'ers , Hardcore Raiders, etc...}} and watch every single number combination, OP Min--Maxing & Number Crunchers. It just gets old , fast. Very Fast.
Thanks ,
The Sir Strazzen
What the **** does having more abilities that will probably not be used have to do with
Min/maxing?? The point the guy was making is that these abilities add flavour to the class just as options, but will probably never be used. You clearly don’t understand what min/maxing is. If you want a “fun and entertaining” game you shouldn’t be opposed to more choices in customization, especially if there isn’t specifically one meta build that you have to follow to play.

Nmyownworld
06.19.2019 , 10:27 AM | #10
Slice Droid was a fun and useful ability. I'm still bitter about no Dirty Kick on my Gunslingers. Not raging bitter. More of a "finding cilantro leaves sprinkled on my food and having to remove them before eating" level of bitter.