The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Battle of Rishi HM, on my scoundrel healer. Second boss duo and I take too many stacks and die. Stupid but salvagable, if only the commando dps would throw me a battle rez. Nothing happens. I ask for it in chat, while the second dps dies. The commando moves near me, looks at me, but that's it. We wipe and he says it didn't work. I have an inkling he actually used the out of combat rez. He's in full 258 gear.

Second try I pay attention and we have no issues.

On to the last boss. The commando ignores adds, but whatever. He dies towards the end to blue circles, there's a grumpy remark in chat. I rez him right before the EMP phase. While I activate the shield he dies again (and I'm pretty sure he never used adrenaline rush which would have come in handy here). He quits group. The boss goes down ten seconds later.

This is sad, and funny.

Red Reaper master mode: I'm on my op healer. The tank is taking forever to load in. Another op DPS stealths through that first group and gets immediately pulled by the group that spawns down the hall. I start running toward her but she quickly melts. I try to rez, and I melt. Then the other DPS gets there and melts. So... we're all in combat, 3 of us dead on the floor. We can't rez because tank is still loading in. Tank then comes up to where we are and is in combat stance, but apparently doesn't understand she needs to engage the red npcs behind her or /stuck it. She D/Cs. :D

So there we are, 3 of us dead on the ground. Can't rez, can't kick tank. We discuss this for about 2 minutes waiting to see if tank is actually coming back or rage quit. :D

Finally, I "quit group" and say sorry and goodbye. Just as my counter is down to 2 seconds, the tank reconnects. :D

Edited by Zerileth

Directive 7 MM on Sorc healer. Group is level 70 tank and DPS, and level 50 operative DPS.

Starts off alright, no one dies on first pull for a change. When we reach the section of jumping on the huts, 3 of us do it but it's fine because the one who doesn't is the op who can just run past in stealth... except they go straight past a stealth detection droid and pull a ton of stuff, so we wipe.

When we get to the assassin droids, the kill order is not followed so we get "bugged". One of the DPS leaves the group and we get a replacement and try again. I try to make it clear which to attack in chat this time, but Theta still dies early and we have to reset it again. On the third try, it works.

Interrogator kill is a bit slow but otherwise fine. At Bulwark, I notice the operative DPS. They seem to be standing a bit far from the boss. I quickly realise their rotation. Rifle Shot, Rifle Shot, Rifle Shot, Rifle Shot, Fragmentation Grenade, Rifle Shot... I mention the issue in chat but they don't move any closer. I even pull them in melee range of the boss and they run straight back out. But despite taking longer than necessary the boss goes down.

At Mentor I decide not to bother trying to convince the op to use a few more abilities. After a couple of cores, they're out of range at the other big turret and I figure keeping them alive is not worth the effort. I res them a bit later after the last core and we finish the FP.

A pretty slow run, but at least it wasn't boring...

Just had an sm ops run tonight. We beat the boss, I didn't notice in time, but there were a couple people down, and I accidentally clicked to get treasure. The people in the ops lead guild started whining saying whoever looted ruined loot for them. I was like, uh... sorry?!? I didn't get anything. I leave the group... a few minutes later the ops lead claims I'm banned from running ops with him again, I'll never run ops again, blah blah, he was whining that he had the lockout and didn't get any loot. Nothing was mentioned about loot being promised to anyone when the group was formed. Also, I thought they fixed that bug like 5 years ago where you couldn't get loot if you were dead. I'm fairly certain I've been dead and looted and still got stuff. I got the impression the kid was going to swap it to master looter so they could get all the stuff, but because I clicked early, they couldn't.

Lol, im dying here. Honestly the loot in sm ops outside of some of the decos and the gear boxes in queen sm dont matter. 236 gear from most of the regular ops and 242 from gods became pointless after the release of 5.10 as there is no way to upgrafe upgrade those pieces to 258. And yes u r also correct if u r in the same room even if u r dead u can still roll.

Just had an sm ops run tonight. We beat the boss, I didn't notice in time, but there were a couple people down, and I accidentally clicked to get treasure. The people in the ops lead guild started whining saying whoever looted ruined loot for them. I was like, uh... sorry?!? I didn't get anything. I leave the group... a few minutes later the ops lead claims I'm banned from running ops with him again, I'll never run ops again, blah blah, he was whining that he had the lockout and didn't get any loot. Nothing was mentioned about loot being promised to anyone when the group was formed. Also, I thought they fixed that bug like 5 years ago where you couldn't get loot if you were dead. I'm fairly certain I've been dead and looted and still got stuff. I got the impression the kid was going to swap it to master looter so they could get all the stuff, but because I clicked early, they couldn't.

The only way to miss the loot after death is if you are stupid and respawn at medcenter/outside of ops right after ehe boss is dead but before loot was picked up. First of all, there is no point going to medcenter as those who are alive can and should just res everyone. Secondly, even if you do go to medcenter, just wait for the loot to be picked up and then respawn. Totally their fault.

And yeah, could be that they just wanted to master loot it.

Edited by Equeliber

Had a nice Lost Island HM run on my Scoundrel healer. Not smooth, because we had a lvl 60 tank and a lvl 68 dps who were both rather new to the FP or at least a bit rusty. The other dps dropped group immediately, but his replacement, while 'having a bad feeling about this', was as determined as me to at least give it a try or two. There was a fair bit of void camping and not interrupting and a few wipes, but we made it through. :t_biggrin:

On the topic of void camping, something I thought was kinda funny: Hammer Station HM, uneventful, just a bit slow. Last boss, one of the dps doesn't move out of the bomb. I do my best, but he's dropping fast nonetheless. The logical thing would be to step out of the puddle, but apparently he thinks 'this is fine' and starts healing himself. My jaw dropped a little. Void vanishes and he still doesn't connect the dots with the next one until I type in chat to please move. :t_cool:

Edited by Padabiene

• 2 weeks later...

Rakata MM, Guardian tank and dps, GS dps, sage heals, all 70. Sage was...let's say "interesting".

Had a weird habit of KBing enemies out of AoEs. Also liked yanking people around during random fights with Pull, which was sometimes helpful but more often very much not helpful.

Told us to use stealth CC to get past a group, which, uh...lol.

Insisted that the group use the War Beast's KB to free people from Chief Rehkta's stun, which...often isn't done, because the timing rarely works out and because it requires the tank to keep track of an unusually large amount of stuff for an MM FP. Also refused to cleanse the debuff if a KB failed, so I (Guardian dps) had to use my specced-into self-cleanse twice, once after waiting thirty seconds for it to come off cd. I get that that has been the mechanic at points in the past, but if there is a more efficient way to do a fight, then do it.

Suggested that the group LoS the bonus boss's AoE outside of the room, which, fine, I guess I'm up for fighting the adds...but rarely if ever stacked on the boss to take the resulting adds in to be AoEd in turn. Then complained that the dps wasn't killing adds fast enough and that the tank wasn't keeping them away. Uh, okay, whatever, yeah. Make the fight longer and more painful by forcing the dps to run all over the place and kill their uptime instead of letting them dot-spread and orbital-strike the adds to death on top of the boss. We still one-shot it, even if we lost both the tank and the heals before the end.

Kept KBing the adds on the Commander Rand fight instead of letting us stack and blow them up. I know I kind of mentioned this before, but...yeesh.

And yet, after all that, the last fight was super smooth. The healer wasn't even remotely bad, just...weird.

Rakata MM, Guardian tank and dps, GS dps, sage heals, all 70. Sage was...let's say "interesting".

Had a weird habit of KBing enemies out of AoEs. Also liked yanking people around during random fights with Pull, which was sometimes helpful but more often very much not helpful.

Told us to use stealth CC to get past a group, which, uh...lol.

Insisted that the group use the War Beast's KB to free people from Chief Rehkta's stun, which...often isn't done, because the timing rarely works out and because it requires the tank to keep track of an unusually large amount of stuff for an MM FP. Also refused to cleanse the debuff if a KB failed, so I (Guardian dps) had to use my specced-into self-cleanse twice, once after waiting thirty seconds for it to come off cd. I get that that has been the mechanic at points in the past, but if there is a more efficient way to do a fight, then do it.

Suggested that the group LoS the bonus boss's AoE outside of the room, which, fine, I guess I'm up for fighting the adds...but rarely if ever stacked on the boss to take the resulting adds in to be AoEd in turn. Then complained that the dps wasn't killing adds fast enough and that the tank wasn't keeping them away. Uh, okay, whatever, yeah. Make the fight longer and more painful by forcing the dps to run all over the place and kill their uptime instead of letting them dot-spread and orbital-strike the adds to death on top of the boss. We still one-shot it, even if we lost both the tank and the heals before the end.

Kept KBing the adds on the Commander Rand fight instead of letting us stack and blow them up. I know I kind of mentioned this before, but...yeesh.

And yet, after all that, the last fight was super smooth. The healer wasn't even remotely bad, just...weird.

Is KB the mirror of Sorc's Overload? Because if it is...there's a special place in hell for sorcs/sins/sages/shadows that use that ability outside of throwing stuff of ledges and the occasional niche situation that actually requires it.

Is KB the mirror of Sorc's Overload? Because if it is...there's a special place in hell for sorcs/sins/sages/shadows that use that ability outside of throwing stuff of ledges and the occasional niche situation that actually requires it.

Overload's equivalent is Force Wave. KB just means knockback.

• 2 weeks later...

Cademimu veteran or how to add five minutes by not waiting 30 seconds longer.

All dps, commando (me), sage and guardian in their 70s and a tiny shadow. First group the guardian dies while the sage is the only one trying LOS and needing their sweet time to get back into the party. The guardian informs us that we absolutely always need to focus the champion droid first, which is a really bad idea.

Anyway, we go on, first boss goes fine and then the guardian, after some pull shenanigans which were partly my fault (I pulled the goldie, he pulled the rest when trying to help me), dies on the jump down the short elevator before the wookie. Instead of accepting my revive he goes med center. We wait. He's making his way back, but before he can reach us the sage pulls. Boss dies before the guardian catches up.

The shadow asks if we want to do the 'yolo run' till adds reset. I type yeah, because I don't care either way, but let's wait for the guardian.

The sage starts running.

We follow, go down the final elevator, activate the button and clear the trash next to it. The guardian is still catching up and at 21% hp.

But now let's wait for him!

Nope, the sage starts running.

We make it to the final room, the adds reset for us, the sage pulls the trash in front of the console so the guardian is still low on hp. He dies, revives and types he's out. I encourage him to try again and make my way back so he doesn't get all the aggro while the other two stay back. I meet the guardian on the elevator. He dies. I pick him up, we go up, we go down, run through until adds reset and we finally get to do the last boss.

Now I realize I should have checked where the guardian is at and just should've let the sage run alone and most likely die. My bad. Still wanted to put some lego in the sage's shoes. :t_tongue:

Edited by Padabiene

Just had an incredibly wholesome MM KI run on pub side as dps. The healer in particular was fun and used a lot of emotes. They even capitalized and punctuated cheerful comments in chat. Everything was extremely smooth and I enjoyed myself immensely.

The people that roll need on everything even if they clearly don't need it or can use it.

I haven't done group finder in several years and did one yesterday. I remember why I quit now.

Hopefully they will revamp the loot system like WOW did and do away with Need/Greed all together.

Queued into a Hammer Station the other day. Veteran mode. Arguably the easiest flashpoint in the game. Except for maybe that big pull near the beginning with the two missile-slamming droids who can catch people off-guard. Other than that, it's mostly just coasting, right? Even with a couple of lowbies, you can carry them through pretty easy. Well I'm a level 70 DPS, been doing vet mode flashpoints a lot lately, so I guess statistically, the odds were I was going to run into something weird sooner or later. I port in fast and am ready to go fast, usually ahead of most everybody cause I have a fast connection and am with it on being ready.

There's a tank and two DPS other than me. No healer. Tank makes me look like a snail. They start moving and go straight into the first pull. I'm thinking, sure, going for the first pull without waiting for everybody, that's not all that weird. They're a tank, it's veteran mode and I'm running up already, so it's not an insane thing to do.

Then they dash off and go pull the next group, bring it back to where the first one is. We AoE that shiz down and I'm like, wow, never seen this flashpoint pulled that way. Even said it in chat, which got silence from the tank. One of the DPS was like "what happened?" cause keep in mind this had all happened fast and one of the DPS was just now pulling up to the first pull from loading in and getting moving.

What happened, indeed. Well I didn't have time to really talk or think about what happened because the tank kept moving. They pulled the next pull, that big one that hits so hard, we got it down, though the tank was down to like 10% of their HP. They proceed to ignore that 10% and go right into the next pull. This continues for quite a while. Tank pulls, doesn't heal up, is sitting at like 10% HP. I can tell they know how to use DCDs and aren't entirely crazy, cause I saw their health jump once like they were using Shadow's bit of health regain cooldown thing. And they aren't dying fast or anything, they're level 70, just aren't waiting to heal up.

First boss, they teleport into him at 10% health, one of the DPS has to go for a kolto to make sure they don't die to that laser move the boss does that hits like a truck. Somehow we manage to get through the boss with kolto and such. Move on, into the next room where normally groups just sneak past the trash. This tank pulls all of it at the same time. Somehow manages to survive again.

I start to get an inkling that something is off here. At first I was thinking this tank was some mad genius of a player who knows their class and limits so well they can go from fight to fight like it's nothing at low HP. In the back of my head, I get that inkling of a player who is in a rush, who is impatient, who can't be hassled with spending a few seconds to use an out-of-combat heal.

The doubt builds and we come to the pull with the two turrets before the light bridge. Tank still working with low HP, probably low on cooldowns too at this point. Unsurprisingly, dies. Surprisingly, one of the other DPS dies, but the other two of us, despite one of us being relatively low level, manage to survive and kill the turrets. During that time, tank leaves. No commentary, no fanfare, just gone. Best guess is they had some other queue or guild port waiting or something. I didn't even see the countdown from quitting early or anything, just they were in the group one moment and then gone the next. Not a DC or anything, just gone.

One of the DPS comments, "Finally."

Guess their interpretation of events was less generous than mine. I'm just like, "I saw that one coming."

Well, we were almost done, so we pull out a heal companion and finish up right quick. And what a strange run that was. Probably the fastest I've ever done Hammer Station and one I'm not going to forget for a long time.

CCM MM as healer. On Enhanced Vrblther. Don't need many words for this, didn't record the exact messages though.

Me and DPS: Bring boss to spore

I pull tank. Tank runs back in.

Tank moves near spore. DPS clicks and it misses.

Tank: Good job idiot

DPS: If you did your job it would have worked

Tank: f o

Tank quits during fight and is kicked after the 30 sec window.

We finished that and the last boss with a companion.

Groups that disband for no reason other than no stealther is available for EV (between first and second boss), EC (up to first boss), Ravagers (before last boss) or TOS (same as Ravagers). Everyone screaming at everyone else to level a stealther.

I pray for the day that Bioware gives all those key mobs in those key areas, "Super Stealth Detection."

Then I'll be posting about, "All the people that refuse to do EV, EC, Ravagers or TOS because they can't be stealthed anymore.

So i get this mm hammer station pop on my tank. Everything goes fine until i start scavenging all the dead droids.

This dps commando seems to have the worst luck trying to scavenge exactly the droid im scavenging, so i always get all the mats.

At some point they r outright triggered stating that "dude! u r not the only scavenger here, share pls."

Once this goes on even after their humble request, the dps mando just straight up rage quit and sent me a very kind whisper saying that i am selfish and anti-social and that they pity me in real life. They promptly put me on ignore right after for good measure.

This cracked me up pretty good, getting upset about scavenging is a new one to me.

Another story, while not related to GF, took place during a WB group on ossus. So im on my big bt4 type male toon, and i make sure to stand right in the character model of this tiny bt1 healer. They would move a few steps, then i get right back on top of them. We keep doing that a few more times, at which point they out of the blue leave the group, QT away, and put me on ignore.

I apologise for being inside ur personal space, can we be friends now?

So i get this mm hammer station pop on my tank. Everything goes fine until i start scavenging all the dead droids.

This dps commando seems to have the worst luck trying to scavenge exactly the droid im scavenging, so i always get all the mats.

At some point they r outright triggered stating that "dude! u r not the only scavenger here, share pls."

Once this goes on even after their humble request, the dps mando just straight up rage quit and sent me a very kind whisper saying that i am selfish and anti-social and that they pity me in real life. They promptly put me on ignore right after for good measure.

This cracked me up pretty good, getting upset about scavenging is a new one to me.

Another story, while not related to GF, took place during a WB group on ossus. So im on my big bt4 type male toon, and i make sure to stand right in the character model of this tiny bt1 healer. They would move a few steps, then i get right back on top of them. We keep doing that a few more times, at which point they out of the blue leave the group, QT away, and put me on ignore.

I apologise for being inside ur personal space, can we be friends now?

Most people use this thread for outing other players as weird or annoying or obnoxious, not to out themselves as a 'player I do not want to ever pug with'.

Most people use this thread for outing other players as weird or annoying or obnoxious, not to out themselves as a 'player I do not want to ever pug with'.

Ikr? I feel like the 4th wall has broken or something, like the character of a book has suddenly come to life and is complaining to its writer xD

dying 😂

benirons stop queueing, ya jerk

Have i mentioned when i was pushing in czerka core meltdown so hard on my slinger, that the tank did not even have time to pull anything? Nobody died... everything else died fast. I even waited in the boss room so that everyone was inside b4 pulling. Yet, i got vote kicked cause tank was butthurt.. go figure.

Edited by Benirons

I did a lot of group finder runs today.

Highlights would probably be the 252-geared healer who got outhealed by companion heals on the second boss of MM Umbara, and the tank on MM Hammer Station who swore up and down that you could skip all the mobs before the first boss and that they would de-aggro Cademimu style if you kept running.

Also, I am still crusading to get people to stack on the adds in the open courtyard for AoE on the second boss of MM Rakata, rather than going behind the pillar, which is a waste of time. They're melee adds! You don't need to LoS them! Not enough people listen to me.

I did a lot of group finder runs today.

Highlights would probably be the 252-geared healer who got outhealed by companion heals on the second boss of MM Umbara, and the tank on MM Hammer Station who swore up and down that you could skip all the mobs before the first boss and that they would de-aggro Cademimu style if you kept running.

Also, I am still crusading to get people to stack on the adds in the open courtyard for AoE on the second boss of MM Rakata, rather than going behind the pillar, which is a waste of time. They're melee adds! You don't need to LoS them! Not enough people listen to me.

Los around the pillar is so that ppl actually stack w/o telling them to. Otherwise ur melee and tank leap in, and ur ranged and healer r standing out there like a turd getting half the agro. Yes stacking is hard, ppl just love looking at their character models instead of a BT4 covering their screen.