Madness / Balance Set Bonuses and Tactical Items

EricMusco

Least favorite spec in the game because Hatred exists and is so much more fluid in terms of priority and rotation... That being said, I would like to see the rotation be more similar to Hatred in terms of fluidity. I'm not sure how many other people would like that however...

Tactical Items:

Force Storm is returned to the 3.0 glory days (high damage, high force cost, and 6 second channel). In addition, Force storm applies the same rotational effects that Force lightning does except the recovering of 2% force per tick (so it would provide you with (Wrath, Lightning Burns (could do without this one honestly), and Fulminating Current). In addition, Dark Echo now has a 100% chance to occur and deals additional damage (maybe like 50% or something)

Force Lightning and Demolish can be channeled while moving. (probably broken)

Increases the healing from Death Field by an additional 10% (30% total because of the innate 10% and the 100% increase provided by Parasitism), increases the healing of Affliction and Creeping Terror by an additional 15% (for a 25% total. Could also be lowered to 20% since 10% may as well be nothing and 25% may be too strong in PvP)

All life stealing abilities no longer heal and instead the amount that would have been healed is now used to increase damage. (so a Death Field that hits for 10k would normally heal 2k because of the innate 10% healing which is doubled by Parasitism. Instead it will have that 2k healing converted to damage)

Death Field is no longer an AoE and hits one target for drastically increased damage.

Death Field now hits up to 16 targets within 10m at reduced damage (to compensate for the insane DoT spread)

Lingering Nightmares now causes damage caused by Force Lightning to immediately finish the cooldown of Demolish. This can occur once every 9 seconds. (Similar to how Hatred works. Personally, I would like to see this just be a rework of the passive since it should help the rotation be more fluid with a set piece bonus I will be proposing). In addition the amount of Death Marks applied to a target is increased to compensate.

Set Bonus:

2pc: The channel time of Force lightning is reduced by X seconds (however much is needed to make it last for 1 GCD since I can't remember off the top of my head)

4pc: Lightning strike deals X% more damage while a target has less than 30% health remaining (I'm not sure what a good amount would be so let's just say 30% since that's what a lot of the execute bonuses tend to be)

6pc: All DoT damage is increased by X% (I don't know what a balanced percent would be so I'm going to say 10%)

Tactical Item #9: Replace Creeping Terror w/ Chain Lightning. In addition, when you activate Lightning Strike or Chain Lightning, there is a 30% chance the ability will produce a second arc of lightning that strikes the same targets for 30% damage. Lightning Strike also has a 100% chance to cause a Lightning Storm, immediately finishing the cooldown on Chain Lightning and reducing the activation time of your next Chain Lightning by 100%. This effect cannot occur more than once every 10 seconds.

Old school Mad-ling hybrid :D

first the problem with this would be the fact sith sorcerer has had its abilities nerf to non existence for a long time that the gear is virtually useless from the start they stuff up the sith sorcerer even the companion stand around wont move to fight there is total imbalance with sith sorcerers in pvp warzones and now in flashpoints that the gear makes no real improvement at all,

I played this game since 2010 and I can tell you now I seen a lot of nerfing to the sith sorcerer it use to have a good barrier now anyone can shoot through it as soon as it applied and it does nothing you just watch your health disappear and yet you try to target the barrier on other classes your not taking any life off and can not even get through them and they last longer than what they are suppose to last especially in war zones.

Sith Sorcerer you use to be able to solo flashpoint and survive with your mark for death barrier and over load now you struggle to make it past the first section with a companion on health using full set of 246 gear.

In Ops your more or less now the off hand healer to other cause sith sorcerer really does no damage and can not survive at any range virtual two hits your dead even with 252 gear on in low rank operation mode.

does not matter if you stack a lot of critical, power, alacrity and or what gear arrangement you have Sith Sorcerer has become just a pve class story line character only now.

The original story of star wars is that sith sorcerer was the most powerful next to the Jedi Sages sith sorcerers were unstoppable unless they met there own equal in the force Jedi sage or another sith sorcerer then it became battle of stamina, wits, and skills with the force light saber was pointless as it was shown, revenge of the sith,

The sith sorcerer were also able to protect themselves against army of soldiers with bullets and lasers now come to swtor these days and this is not the case any more its shooters first sith sorcerer last.

Jedi Sage itself just hold it own these days in flashpoints but are useless in ops but sith sorcerers are getting worse regardless of gear and status arrangement and really only one ability force lightning saves it from being a dead class.

The sith sorcerer should never have had there main abilities nerf like they have.

I really want to be able to go to the lower planets too and use death mark to kill 40 enemies to hell that why I got my character to the level 55 in the first place why I kept level it to 70 with command rank 300 I did not pay for nerfing, I did not paid my subscription for level syncing and I did not pay for **** gear rewards.

As a DCD, Sorcerers project a force wall that absorbs dmg incoming from the specific direction. Has the same cooldown as force barrier and same effects. Also when projecting the force wall, enemies cannot walk or run through that wall allowing sorcerers to make an escape or buy them time while they plot their next move. Simliar to Fortnites wall build ability. Edited by Delani

What if Sorcerers could use a projection kind of ability that allows them to summon something or someone and makes them attack an enemy. The projection does low damage but because of its existence, it causes confusion to the oponent.

Force leech stuns the enemies for 2 seconds

Deathfield stuns/root the enemies for 2 second

Cloud mind creates 3 other copies of yourself (cloning)

unnatural preservation resets the cd of phasewalk

unnatural preservation is now an instant heal to full ability

Force lightning now stacks dmg, so whenever you consecutively use it, it will do more dmg and caps at 3 times in a row

Lightning stike is now an aoe ability

Force lightning stuns all abilities within the diameter and but does no dmg

Static barrier is now force wall, that displays a force wall that enemies must attack or wait out the duration in order to deplete its affects. It works similar to Fortnites wall ability which creates seperation from an enemy

dark heal is now an instant cast abilitiy

overload now works as a 360 aoe knockback and increases its knockback push to 30 meters

Overload knocks enemies down (PVP)

Overload works as an aoe stun

Overload lifts the enemies up, does some dmg, then pushed them back

Using force storm makes you immune to all incoming dmg

Polarity shift allows you to clone yourself

Force slow is now force push

Force speed is now a projectile ability that allows the player to create 3 copies of him/herself

Force speed makes you immune to all damage

Force speed increaed to 200% speed and makes you immune/resist all dmg/stuns/movement impairment abilities

Discipline: Madness Sorc

Tactical Item:

Allows crushing darkness, creeping terror and affliction to be applied to a single target within range, even if target is not within line-of-sight. The damage of these abilities is reduced by 50-60% and their CD increased by 10-20%. Each time death field is used to refresh or spread the DoTs, their potency increases by 10-25%.

Explanation: This allows a madness sorc to play as a kind of hidden sorcerer. They would apply DoTs from behind pillars, in hard-to-reach corners, etc., causing far less burst damage but incredible sustained damage over time due to the difficulty for the enemy of finding their hiding spot. Of course, in order to refresh DoTs, spread DoTs and perform other damaging moves, they would have to emerge.

I know that sorcerers are going to be on the PTS soon so this thread will not matter but, madness sorc is one of those classes where speed/agility should matter. Sorces now have PW and force speed but thats it, they need an ability or a set bonus that allows them to escape their enemies on a consistent level. Anything that you guys offer in regards to that will aid sorcerers in survival and make the class better overall.

Some examples

Vortex pull (that the Walker has in the first mission of Knight of the Fallen Emperor)

A dash ability where the player turns into mist/fog and appears 10-20 meters from the original place they were initially standing

More knock backs and roots

Abilitiy to make compies of yourself so that enemies now have to figure our which one is the real you

A force ability that spawns a wall or something similar that protects the player from dmg and other player proximity

An ability where the player can spawn friendly allies that are npcs and attack other players

Anything creative that will allow sorcerers to fend/flee from melee.

Force Leech tactical. Targets affected by Force Leech are slowed by 30% and their alacrity rating reduced by 150%. 6 s.

You know, this is actually a cool idea, to have a debuff that can slow down the cast times/GCD.

• 2 weeks later...

Tactical item:

Creeping Terror reduces the target's movement speed by 20%. In addition, increase Creeping Terror and Affliction critical damage by 50%, but only one Creeping Terror can be active at a time(so Death field spreads only one DoT - Affliction)

Edited by EmperorRus

• 4 weeks later...

this is so simple for sorc/sage dps and I don't understand why bioware wants to reinvent the wheel.

Make their two primary defensive cooldowns more useful and less glitchy:

Phase Walk 60meter range, immunity to damage for 2 sec after using it to teleport out.

Force Barrier 2 sec immobile channel and after that 6 seconds total immunity while being able to move and attack

Lightning/Tele: improve their burst spike (three abilities in sequence) by 20% leave the overall sustain as is or 3% lower to compensate the burst increase

Madness/Balance: buff overall dps sustain by 5% without affecting self-heals too much (if they are so concerned by the tiny heals they are receiving at the moment).