Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

5.10.3 update laggy?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

andisim
06.04.2019 , 01:05 PM | #141
yay, 560 in Queue on dm, what can go wrong?

Nmyownworld
06.04.2019 , 01:05 PM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

A few updates! As you have noticed the queue and latency issue has returned on Star Forge. Also, it is starting to occur on Darth Malgus as well. We think we have isolated what is causing this issue and are working on a fix.

The change that we made where a % of XP earned is converted to conquest points is what is causing the performance issues that you are seeing. In order to address this we are going to need to revert that change later today. To account for this we are going to once again increase the Guild bonus, basically we will revert these changes from 5.10.3:
  • A percentage of all experience earned is now converted into Conquest Points.
  • The multiplier for earning Conquests points in a Guild has been reduced to 2x (down from 3x).

We will need to restart all servers briefly to apply this fix and will happen in the next couple of hours once we have the fix tested and ready. I will share more details on maintenance timing once I have it.

Thanks all.

-eric
Thanks for the update, Eric Musco. I have to ask -- is a dreaded "rollback" part of the fix?

Celise
06.04.2019 , 01:06 PM | #143
I see the Reply now, seems a lot of responses coming at the same time. For now i'm staying away from the game until it is sorted. probably be on tomorrow since it is getting late now (8PM).

sdom
06.04.2019 , 01:06 PM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by GrumpySWTOR View Post
...um likely won't get a refund... but gl with that.
You can dispute debit payments but Bioware has a policy of deleting and disabling accounts that file a chargeback dispute. It is pretty much an instant ban unless you have a very good reason so its not something to be tried without contacting consumer rights advice services and making sure you're in the right before proceeding.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Forceal Forcealia Joli Bindo
Lekku Lasher Aytris Artery Clogger
Ophelia Crak Boom Boom Needhealsplox

GrimTheGlutt
06.04.2019 , 01:07 PM | #145
Position in Queue... 342

5 mins later...

Position in Queue... 347

errrr......

5 mins later.....

Position in Queue... 354

ok....

5 mins later...

Position in Queue... 342

5 mins later...

Position in Queue... 341

Least now heading in right direction....

Maeklos
06.04.2019 , 01:07 PM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by Typhaos View Post
Are You really mad at me for the warning or at BW for failing to deliver?
I'm not mad at anything. I've ridden the TOR beast since launch on and off, and I know how shaky BioWare is with stuff during patch cycles. I do my usual routine: give it a couple of hours while I'm doing stuff during the day, and if it's not up and running by the time I actually get to sit down and have some fun, screw it. Off to play something else!

Right now, it's Surviving Mars, a pretty darn good indie hit from the Steam store that's got some really nice DLC (like embarking on a massive program using realistic technologies to make Mars habitable). Not only is the game a gem to play if you like city building/strategy/sci-fi games, but it's all tied into real (even if sometimes theoretical) technologies. Definitely worth a try.

Typhaos
06.04.2019 , 01:08 PM | #147

The change that we made where a % of XP earned is converted to conquest points/.../
And I don't even care for conquest at all... I just want new piece of story...

EricMusco
06.04.2019 , 01:08 PM | #148 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Nmyownworld View Post
Thanks for the update, Eric Musco. I have to ask -- is a dreaded "rollback" part of the fix?
There shouldn't be any rollbacks, no. The game is still processing information properly, just sometimes a little delayed, and in chunks.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

omeru
06.04.2019 , 01:08 PM | #149
Hey folks,

A few updates! As you have noticed the queue and latency issue has returned on Star Forge. Also, it is starting to occur on Darth Malgus as well. We think we have isolated what is causing this issue and are working on a fix.

The change that we made where a % of XP earned is converted to conquest points is what is causing the performance issues that you are seeing. In order to address this we are going to need to revert that change later today. To account for this we are going to once again increase the Guild bonus, basically we will revert these changes from 5.10.3:
  • A percentage of all experience earned is now converted into Conquest Points.
  • The multiplier for earning Conquests points in a Guild has been reduced to 2x (down from 3x).

We will need to restart all servers briefly to apply this fix and will happen in the next couple of hours once we have the fix tested and ready. I will share more details on maintenance timing once I have it.

Thanks all.

-eric
How can you manage to break things every update? Really this **** is getting really annoying. How about actually testing things before releasing it? I am sure you have a QA team right?

GrumpySWTOR
06.04.2019 , 01:08 PM | #150
Quote: Originally Posted by sdom View Post
You can dispute debit payments but Bioware has a policy of deleting and disabling accounts that file a chargeback dispute. It is pretty much an instant ban unless you have a very good reason so its not something to be tried without contacting consumer rights advice services and making sure you're in the right before proceeding.
That's my point to the other guy... I think you may have been capturing the wrong quote here.