Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Spoils of War Livestream Recap

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Spoils of War Livestream Recap
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Estelindis
05.30.2019 , 04:46 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Masteries View Post
I'm not sure how I feel about set bonuses being in shells again
I'm not sure how I feel about that either. It's a little OCD but I liked to put my set bonus armorings in shells chosen specifically with a particular look in mind, to suit the characters who use that gear. Yes, it's overwritten by outfits, but I just liked doing it all the same. I feel a little sad at losing this.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo 🡢 The Progenitor 🡢 Darth Malgus ||
Let's Fix 6.0 Crafting
More love for class companions, please.
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

ceryxp
05.30.2019 , 04:46 PM | #12
First, I know there was a lot of talk about Kira but don't forget that Consular's are still missing half of their crew. When are we going to get Tharan and Zenith back?

Couple thoughts from the stream:

Since Galactic Renown is now going to scale with your item rating, will reset at various points, and we'll earn RXP along side XP does that mean we'll start earning GR, and thus GR crates, from level 1?

Regarding crafting. You said that crafting needs to be relevant. That's true. But one area you've often failed in making crafting relevant is the only things worthwhile to craft often require mats that can only be acquired from certain content; often MM OPs. Please consider that there are crafters who don't have access to those materials but still want something worthwhile to craft. It's understandable that those items may not be the highest item rating, but don't gate everything worth crafting behind the MM gate.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

Masteries
05.30.2019 , 04:55 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by ceryxp View Post
First, I know there was a lot of talk about Kira but don't forget that Consular's are still missing half of their crew.
The Counselar companions weren't directly involved with the Emperor, Kira and Scourge were directly affected by the Emperor in their lifetime and had legitimate reasons to return within KotFE/KotET. The fact Kira and Scourge were left out of this conflict goes against their history and character as Scourge's entire reason for joining the Knight was to kill the Emperor once and for all, and Kira's was about redeeming herself due to her being an ex child of the Emperor, to where both had vowed to do whatever it took to kill him.
<.>

Lhancelot
05.30.2019 , 05:02 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Here is a recap of everything we talked about on the livestream today. We will be posting a robust blog with the same information in the next few days. Keep in mind that all of this is still in development so is subject to change. Here goes!

Communication and Feedback
  • Our plan for Onslaught communication is to follow this cycle. Deliver information (stream, blogs, etc), gather your feedback, circle back to discuss that feedback with you, move into hands-on on PTS.
Itemization is split up into two primary categories, the items themselves, and how you acquire them. We will break those out individually.

Items
There are two major types of items we want to talk about (sets and tactical items) and a new bonus stat that those items will receive (Amplifiers). Let's break each down.

• Set Bonuses
    • In combination with tactical items can be playstyle defining
    • Multiple new sets for Advanced and Base Classes
    • General options also available
    • Sets now come in various sizes
  • Tacticals
    • In combination with set bonuses can be playstyle defining
    • Multiple options for Disciplines and Advanced Classes
    • General options also available
    • Rare item in a new item slot
  • Example Effects that could be found on these items for....
    • Inquisitor - The cooldown of Whirlwind is reduced, also, killing an enemy before Whirlwind ends resets the cooldown of Whirlwind
    • Sorcerer - Activating Unnatural Preservation removes Static Barrier's Deionize effect from you
    • Assassin - Force Shroud also applies to any ally you are guarding
    • Lightning Sorc - Crushing Darknessís damage over time is increased and the chance that Forked Darkness causes Crushing Darkness to double-tick is improved
    • Madness Sorc - Death Field does more damage to all targets and spreads Force Slows effects
    • Corruption Sorc - Revivification heals more for each ally it affects
  • Amplifiers
    • New Bonus stat that will appear on Shells, Armorings, Hilts, Barrels, Mods, and Enhancements
    • Not included in PvP balance targets
    • Effects appear on specific mod types (ex: Shells and Armorings have different types of Amps)
    • Examples: Armor penetration, increased healing received, better harvesting results, increased XP
    • Amps can be rerolled (recalibrated) for credits.

Item Acquisition
Now that you know what the items are, one of the things that is very important in spoils of war is ensuring that acquiring items is also a good experience! We wanted to learn from the lessons of Galactic Command's launch, frustration around Ossus gearing, and adding on the things we have done well. Ultimately, getting loot is a loop that all starts with...

Play Your Way
  • All content is a viable path to getting gear with harder content being more rewarding.
  • Drops now scale based on your characters current gear. At a certain item rating breakpoint is when sets and tacticals start dropping.
  • There is built in RNG protection on set and tactical items.
  • New items can now be freely moved through your Legacy.
Galactic Command and Conquests
  • Both of these systems are supplementary (not primary) ways to gear your character.
  • Galactic Command is now Galactic Renown.
  • Every rank is now valuable, no more tiers.
  • Renown is now seasonal, beginning with Onslaught.
  • Renown crate rewards scale based on your current item rating.
  • Renown XP is derived from a percentage of all XP earned (including the current CXP perks)
  • Conquest Points are also earned from a percentage of all XP earned (this is coming in 5.10.3)
  • Gear is now also delivered in Personal and Guild Conquest Rewards
With all of this you will be getting much more gear than before which certainly means you will not want some of it. What do you do with it?

Deconstruction
  • New interface where players will now be able to deconstruct unwanted items (reverse engineering will have an advantage here). Can breakdown items quickly by quality.
  • Items breakdown into crafting materials and a new currency.

Crafting and New Vendors
  • Crafters will be able to make competitive end-game gear (to continue the trend of play your way).
  • Crafters can make un-moddable max item rating gear and mods. They will have some min/maxing drawbacks.
  • Crafters will be able to make crafted only tactical items.
  • New currency can be used on a vendor to allow you to purchase a random item of a specific slot (chest pieces, etc).
  • New currency can be used on a vendor who appears regularly has a changing selection of specific set and tactical items (to purchase exactly what you want).
There is a lot of information here. We definitely recommend watching the VOD to see our full conversation around spoils of war. Also, look for the spoils of war blog in the next few days with a more in-depth snapshot of this information. Look for our relevant feedback threads on the forums to let us know your thoughts, where we will also answer any questions. We are going to work on doing a Reddit Spoils of War AMAA if you prefer to use Reddit. And lastly we are working on getting a survey setup to get your thoughts there as well.

We are really excited about bringing spoils of war to you in Onslaught, so let us know your thoughts!

-eric
Thanks for adding this to the forums for those who didn't see the stream. It sounds interesting, and maybe some of the new features being added can help spice up the gameplay of all the different classes.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

ceryxp
05.30.2019 , 05:10 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Masteries View Post
The Counselar companions weren't directly involved with the Emperor, Kira and Scourge were directly affected by the Emperor in their lifetime and had legitimate reasons to return within KotFE/KotET. The fact Kira and Scourge were left out of this conflict goes against their history and character as Scourge's entire reason for joining the Knight was to kill the Emperor once and for all, and Kira's was about redeeming herself due to her being an ex child of the Emperor, to where both had vowed to do whatever it took to kill him.
Please explain how any of that is relevant to making us, any of us, wait four years (by the time Onslaught drops it will be almost four years since Fallen Empire released) for our companions to return. And by the way, I have two Jedi Knights. I am as interested in Kira's and Scourge's returns as I am Tharan and Zenith, but Kira and Scourge (more so Kira) were the only ones mentioned during the stream.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

SithEmpress
05.30.2019 , 05:11 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by ceryxp View Post
Since Galactic Renown is now going to scale with your item rating, will reset at various points, and we'll earn RXP along side XP does that mean we'll start earning GR, and thus GR crates, from level 1?

Regarding crafting. You said that crafting needs to be relevant. That's true. But one area you've often failed in making crafting relevant is the only things worthwhile to craft often require mats that can only be acquired from certain content; often MM OPs. Please consider that there are crafters who don't have access to those materials but still want something worthwhile to craft. It's understandable that those items may not be the highest item rating, but don't gate everything worth crafting behind the MM gate.
I was curious to if the GR starts at level 1 too, I really think it should. That way leveling and playing the story can help the player build up their GR through XP etc, plus with the fact it reset it shouldn't hurt anything. I don't mind GR resetting but was wondering what others think about the GR just resetting. I suppose it might make it feel more grindy but it the system is truly just supplemental then I guess it wouldn't matter all that much. In theory is overall sound good but I won't know till I get a look at it.
If you are looking for refer a friend link, than I have one for you right
here Click Here. Hey well both get some shines!

GRAY_JEDI_DARK
05.30.2019 , 05:19 PM | #17
Hey folks,

We wanted to learn from the lessons of Galactic Command's launch, frustration around Ossus gearing, and adding on the things we have done well.
[*]New currency can be used on a vendor to allow you to purchase a random item of a specific slot (chest pieces, etc).[*]New currency can be used on a vendor who appears regularly has a changing selection of specific set and tactical items (to purchase exactly what you want).

-eric
Really? Which part of we hate rng is unclear? Noone enjoys having to rely on rng system to gear. Dont do it. Period. In any way.
As for gearing and all the new ways of it, new items slots which sounds pretty cool i have one request. Dont overgear people, dont give us 2nd 258 which is making not-godsnims easy. As a raider i can say i dont want end game content to be boring and forgiving, i want it challanging, please if you implement a gear level, nerf-buff classes after launch of 6.0, gont give us more gear after like half a year. Or at least adjust every PVE content to it not just one operation.

ForfiniteStories
05.30.2019 , 05:26 PM | #18
lol, gear
Republic Pilot Dossiers | Youtube | Battlefront II Mods

Darthanimus
05.30.2019 , 06:00 PM | #19
Personally I would have liked to see galactic command completely removed, I have never liked it. I think galactic command was never good enough to be a primary source of gear, and if it is not good enough to be a primary source of gear, then remove it because it causes unnecessary complexity when gearing at end game.
Scorpio finds the starforge, becomes an immortal AI god, and gets worshiped by Ewoks.

Red Eclipse

foxmob
05.30.2019 , 06:20 PM | #20
[*]Example Effects that could be found on these items for....
  • Inquisitor - The cooldown of Whirlwind is reduced, also, killing an enemy before Whirlwind ends resets the cooldown of Whirlwind
  • Sorcerer - Activating Unnatural Preservation removes Static Barrier's Deionize effect from you
  • Assassin - Force Shroud also applies to any ally you are guarding
  • Lightning Sorc - Crushing Darknessís damage over time is increased and the chance that Forked Darkness causes Crushing Darkness to double-tick is improved
  • Madness Sorc - Death Field does more damage to all targets and spreads Force Slows effects
  • Corruption Sorc - Revivification heals more for each ally it affects

-eric
so...uh...I know these are just "example" abilities, but you can't seriously be thinking about BUFFING guard in any way, are you? at least not in PVP?
Krack