Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Galactic Renown Feedback - Spoils of War

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Galactic Renown Feedback - Spoils of War
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
05.30.2019 , 04:28 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

As we talked about on the Spoils of War stream, Galactic Command is being changed to Galactic Renown and seeing a few key changes. Let us know your thoughts!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Collec
05.30.2019 , 04:38 PM | #2
What is gonna happen with all those Unassembled Components and Command Tokens? Use them before 6.0 or are they gonna be relevant in 6.0 ?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REFERRAL LINK : http://www.swtor.com/r/ZB5DWv

silosaridious
05.30.2019 , 04:42 PM | #3
I'm concerned about how rng heavy the gearing sounded. Having the reroll system available will be nice, but only having a limited set of items available for targeted purchase at once sounds very disappointing, especially if the reroll system requires anything other than credits and the item you want to reroll (since the Charles points or whatever other currency was required could be a limiting factor in how much we could reroll). The main things I haven't liked about ossus gearing are that it is entirely separate from raiding and that the pieces we receive in the crates are rng determined and can't be traded in for other types of pieces. That seemed like a huge step backwards from the 230-248 vendors where we could get a useless earpiece and upgrade it into a good one without any rng involved.

Estelindis
05.30.2019 , 04:43 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Collec View Post
What is gonna happen with all those Unassembled Components and Command Tokens? Use them before 6.0 or are they gonna be relevant in 6.0 ?
We've previously been told that these will be exchanged for credits, probably not at an amazing rate, so we should use them before 6.0.

What I'd specifically like to know, however, is whether the Ossus decorations currently purchasable for these currencies will become purchasable with credits in 6.0.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo > The Progenitor > Darth Malgus ||
Satisfying returns for class companions!
Especially companions of the long-neglected consular...
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

damonskye
05.30.2019 , 04:50 PM | #5
I have a Sith Juggernaut, an Arsenal Merc and a Jedi Sage all at CXP Level 300. I've been working on my fourth (my Lethality Operative) so I get the full bonus of extra CXP.

It would be very nice to know that all of this effort has not gone to waste and that the bonus will still be given to us when the expansion drops. Can you please confirm this? Thanks!
"Story is flavor. Content is substance. ... SWTOR needs new content. Desperately."
- KeyboardNinja.

BenKatarn
05.30.2019 , 05:08 PM | #6
Please provide a bit more clarity of the effects of transitioning Galactic Command into Galactic Renown:

• Will Galactic Renown go beyond the Rank 300 of Galactic Command? Will its "rank" behave similiar to Guild Levels and just keep going, but the XP required to go further will cap at some point?
  • Galactic Command also contains a lot of additional drops, namely cosmetic orange shells for both armor and weapons, as well as mounts, reputation tokens, crafting mats and Jawa scraps. Will all of this still be part of Galactic Renown? Will we see new things drop from this, like new armor sets? If tiers are abandoned, how will all this stuff keep dropping, as the item pool for armor, weapons and mounts was bound to tiers.
  • What will become of any items still part located in the Commander's Stash? Likewise, what will happen to any Galactic Command crates still left unopened by the time 6.0 rolls around?
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

hillerbees
05.30.2019 , 05:22 PM | #7
Sounds like the Galactic Command levels will be a thing of the past or at least their relavence - anyone who needs to hit 300 on all classes for the achievement needs to do it before 6.0!

Good to see the boosts will now apply even if at level 300. I am glad I didn't bin these when I got them.

ZeridanShear
05.30.2019 , 05:24 PM | #8
What will happen with current crates? What about command tokens in command stashes? For instance, I've got something like 200k tokens!

SithEmpress
05.30.2019 , 05:27 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by BenKatarn View Post
Please provide a bit more clarity of the effects of transitioning Galactic Command into Galactic Renown:

• Will Galactic Renown go beyond the Rank 300 of Galactic Command? Will its "rank" behave similiar to Guild Levels and just keep going, but the XP required to go further will cap at some point?
  • Galactic Command also contains a lot of additional drops, namely cosmetic orange shells for both armor and weapons, as well as mounts, reputation tokens, crafting mats and Jawa scraps. Will all of this still be part of Galactic Renown? Will we see new things drop from this, like new armor sets? If tiers are abandoned, how will all this stuff keep dropping, as the item pool for armor, weapons and mounts was bound to tiers.
  • What will become of any items still part located in the Commander's Stash? Likewise, what will happen to any Galactic Command crates still left unopened by the time 6.0 rolls around?
You brought up some great questions that I would like to see answered. I don't want to see the other items that drop from command crates lost either, including some decoration/mounts. Not that I'm sure but I thought they said in the live stream that Galactic Renown will reset after major update "expansion" so maybe the level will just keep going up till expansion then reset. It really shouldn't hurt or matter as loot crates won't be tiers based but instead based on your character and if the system works as they say it will just supplement our gear progression. I'm intrigued and hope the system will be a nice change.
If you are looking for refer a friend link, than I have one for you right
here Click Here. Hey well both get some shines!

Jdast
05.30.2019 , 05:36 PM | #10
Before my question...Kudos. That type of stream, particularly before implementation so you can absorb and potentially act on feedback , is great.

Statement: The Power Point said that Galactic Renown (GR) is seasonal.

Query: What does that mean in terms of implementation?

I'm assuming that as you gain GR (or CharlesPoints or ChuckBucks) your odds of getting better stuff improves, but there will be a reset point every X amount of months. Correct? Close? Way off base?

Dasty