Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Timed weekly needs to be renamed to GSF weekly

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Timed weekly needs to be renamed to GSF weekly
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Benirons
05.21.2019 , 01:51 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Loadsamonie View Post
You could actually, you know, try to learn GSF and enjoy it for the great game that it is. Too many people complain about GSF and don't give it a fair chance or appreciate how deep and well-designed it really is.

If you seriously hate GSF that much, don't do the weekly. Get your crystals elsewhere. You lose out on one stinking crystal, big deal.
I dont care two pence about GSF. Dont wanna play it at all. And yes it is a big deal that we lose out on "one stinking" crystal. Getting 258 gear is severely time gated. Do note how i put up with 2 weeks of this nonesense. 3rd week in a row in just silly and a big middle finger to anyone who is simply put not interested in GSF. If i wanna play space shooter, i play battlefront 2 starfighter. Looks much better.

sdom
05.21.2019 , 01:55 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Loadsamonie View Post
You could actually, you know, try to learn GSF and enjoy it for the great game that it is. Too many people complain about GSF and don't give it a fair chance or appreciate how deep and well-designed it really is.

If you seriously hate GSF that much, don't do the weekly. Get your crystals elsewhere. You lose out on one stinking crystal, big deal.
Have you done the maths.
Let me run you through it:

You get 4 crystals a week.
If I don't play GSF (which I don't) then you lose 1 crystal.
We have had GSF 3 weeks in a row.
1 x 3 = 3.
For people who don't want to or can't play GSF that's almost a full weeks worth of available crystals gone if you skip this timed mission.
That's almost 2 pieces of gear at 252 rated or one of the cheaper pieces of 258 gear.
And both those figures just so happen to be the most of each rating you can possibly achieve, each week.

Now lets do pseudomaths with no actual numbers.
At a cap of 4 crystals a week.
You work for 14 slots costing 2 crystals each. (7 week grind provided you do all 4)
You then work for 14 slots costing between 3 and 4 crystals each, which takes roughly a week a slot.
I will carry over the extra crystal left from the times we get 4 but spend 3 on our 258 items and make an approximate guess that you will spend 10 weeks doing your 258 gear.

This is a 17 week grind. Or roughly 4 months.
Now if for 3/4 weeks each month, we lost 1 masterwork crystal.
That adds an extra month, or 25% of the grind.
Where is that reasonable pace to be setting?

I accept there are people who like GSF.
But there are also far more who do not and they're the ones that need listened to.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Forceal Forcealia Joli Bindo
Lekku Lasher Aytris Artery Clogger
Ophelia Crak Boom Boom Needhealsplox

phalczen
05.21.2019 , 02:17 PM | #13
I think itís far more likely that this is either a statistical anomaly or a bug, than the notion that it is deliberate attempt by the developers to upset people. Seriously, take a chill pill.

6.0 is four months away, and how many MasDC or 258 pieces you got or arguably missed out on will be entirely irrelevant. I challenge people to name me a master mode raider left in the game who canít clear their MM operations with whatever they have at this moment, or a non-cheating ranked pvpíer who isnít comfortably in the tier they want to be in the gear they already possess.

But, any requisition you earned on your ships or experience in the game mode WILL still be useful since GSF is not changing fundamentally like the ground game is. Just some food for thought.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

Benirons
05.21.2019 , 02:27 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post
I think itís far more likely that this is either a statistical anomaly or a bug, than the notion that it is deliberate attempt by the developers to upset people. Seriously, take a chill pill.

6.0 is four months away, and how many MasDC or 258 pieces you got or arguably missed out on will be entirely irrelevant. I challenge people to name me a master mode raider left in the game who canít clear their MM operations with whatever they have at this moment, or a non-cheating ranked pvpíer who isnít comfortably in the tier they want to be in the gear they already possess.

But, any requisition you earned on your ships or experience in the game mode WILL still be useful since GSF is not changing fundamentally like the ground game is. Just some food for thought.
Sure, except for the fact not everyone, like u it seems, has been around since ossus gear launch. Anything i miss out on is sorely missed cause ive been back a few weeks personally. 4 months is a long time, might as well have said there is no reason to gear ever, cause there will be another expansion with a new lvl cap, eventually.

EricMusco
05.21.2019 , 02:48 PM | #15 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey all,

I double checked with the team and it is not a bug, it was just that the 1 in 4 chance pulled GSF 3 weeks in a row (not the best if you aren't a GSF fan). We did verify though that next week is not GSF.

Thanks all!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Loadsamonie
05.21.2019 , 02:52 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey all,

I double checked with the team and it is not a bug, it was just that the 1 in 4 chance pulled GSF 3 weeks in a row (not the best if you aren't a GSF fan). We did verify though that next week is not GSF.

Thanks all!

-eric
Aww. I was hoping we'd go 4 for 4. GSF is life Eric. =(

Elessara
05.21.2019 , 03:04 PM | #17
Hey all,

Thanks all!

-eric
I suppose when 6.0 launches it will be a moot point but perhaps there should be a larger variety of things to choose from? Or perhaps the weekly should just be "Do one of these activities" and the player can pick what they want to do.

Lakemine
05.21.2019 , 03:08 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Elessara View Post
I suppose when 6.0 launches it will be a moot point but perhaps there should be a larger variety of things to choose from? Or perhaps the weekly should just be "Do one of these activities" and the player can pick what they want to do.
This ^

Random gambling makes people mad. Giving people options and choices makes people happy.
I love Star Wars.

Lakemine
05.21.2019 , 03:10 PM | #19
Hopefully this doesn't come across as rude Eric, but if it can be checked manually, why was it not checked to make sure this issue doesn't happen? Did it just not come to mind for the devs? Just asking for the reason, and hopefully things can be looked at to prevent this issue from happening again? Thanks
I love Star Wars.

Benirons
05.21.2019 , 03:21 PM | #20
Hey all,

Thanks all!

-eric
Thanks for the confirmation.

Good to know how things really work. Would be really nice if there was a clause in the RNG code that prevents anything from happening more than once in a row, diversity is a good thing.