Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maintenance: May 15th, 2019

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
05.15.2019 , 10:44 AM | #11 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthCasus View Post
Any word on the companion bug fix(es)? Or any word on future announcements addressing said issues?
Are you alluding the companion range attack bug? I think I mentioned this elsewhere but that is actually a pretty big issue to fix. The team is working on it but it will mostly come in 6.0.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

juliabee
05.15.2019 , 11:22 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Are you alluding the companion range attack bug? I think I mentioned this elsewhere but that is actually a pretty big issue to fix. The team is working on it but it will mostly come in 6.0.

-eric
Its not only ranged companions, melee companions with Vibroswords are bugged as well. Their heal/damage is FAR worse then heal/damge from other companions (ranged and with polesabers).

Balameb
05.15.2019 , 01:07 PM | #13
Come on, Eric. 6.0??? It was broken in December!!! You should not need 10 months to fix something as basic and needed in gameplay (it affect more the 3 clases with leaps) as this.
It was suposed to be a patch after Dantoine (so at most June/July) and now you move it to september.

If it comes in 6.0, then it will not be really a fix, because major updates comes with big reworks in mechanics, including companions (as you did in 5.0 when they started to lagg behind badly). So you can hope for it but it may or may not change and chances are this issue will become like most of the long term ones that once in a while the patch notes says is fixed only for it not be be fixed at all and the patch notes and forum topics edited.

And BTW, is not just ranged comps. Melee has some issues too, they stuck too much.
Get 7 days as Sub and some free stuff --> Refferal link

xordevoreaux
05.15.2019 , 01:59 PM | #14

-eric
Wow. That ... is a long wait. 2 seconds to break and almost a year to fix.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

darthjody
05.15.2019 , 03:47 PM | #15
Heck Iíve been trying to download the last update and it wonít let me. Iím still on 5.10.2a or something like that. Iím definitely not on b which was the last update

MikeCobalt
05.15.2019 , 07:19 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by PrincessMetal View Post
I hope they do fix the companion bugs
Fixing the other (Earlier) defects with the Comp's that have arisen with the Reunions (Battle Barks, Frozen Faces ="Pod People" would also be nice.. Kinda like a "Once and Done" instead of dragging it out and letting them go on indefinitely.
Finding their way back on the ships would be convenient as well.

Saurat
05.15.2019 , 09:54 PM | #17
still waiting on a fix for their mouths moving when they're talking when i right click on them. when's that gonna get fixed?

Khaleg
05.15.2019 , 10:25 PM | #18

-eric
***? Like really?
This very critical and essential bug is there now for 5!!! months and should have been fixed 5 months-3 days ago, and now 6.0? And we all know that even this is only a very vague "maybe" because you might mess up things even more in 6.0, like in every update. And you are busy with other stuff, the new features, anyway - in order to not mess up too much. So how slim is the chance for this being fixed at all in 6.0!? in addition to the fact that this will be almost a YEAR too late IF it happens? You really can't be serious about this.
Nal'augh, guild master "The Conqueror Fleet" - Tulak Hord
Do you want 7 free days of subscription and other freebies? Click here!

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/doubleudude

Zerileth
05.15.2019 , 10:44 PM | #19
that is actually a pretty big issue to fix.
-eric
Maybe Bioware should hire a few game developers? o.O
. <--------just this little red dot

MaximusRex
05.15.2019 , 11:19 PM | #20

-eric
This is a very unacceptable timeline for fixing something that used to work for seven years. Revert the code, or at the very least send a free Compendium to every character in game so they can swap out their broken companions.