Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What's going on with this forum today?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What's going on with this forum today?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Banderal
05.08.2019 , 06:20 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Arundo View Post
This works but when I then want to login to account management I keeps loading again.
Ditto for me. Although, I did just get through the login to be able to post this.

Slippery When'wet, FistFullOfCandy - SF

Arkamos-Aurelius
05.08.2019 , 07:02 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by BelorfinSiana View Post
https isn't enough to get me into the account section of the website. I was hoping to check my subscription status.
Tried to login and logout several times into the account section of the site, and every time I could do so (with forced HTTPS). There was a slight hitch once, but it didn't last more than several seconds.
(But, honestly, I'm of the mind that the devs should let the players see the number of the days left in game somewhere. I nearly missed the time for sub renewal once or twice.)

EricMusco
05.08.2019 , 07:41 AM | #43 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
The team tried a few solutions yesterday but it looks like the issues are still occurring across swtor.com. Just know that the investigation is on-going, I will pass on more details as I have them.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Gamemaron
05.08.2019 , 08:00 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Arundo View Post
This works but when I then want to login to account management I keeps loading again.
Dito too.
Interestingly, this too works on mobile while it doesn’t work on PC

Nmyownworld
05.08.2019 , 08:11 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
The team tried a few solutions yesterday but it looks like the issues are still occurring across swtor.com. Just know that the investigation is on-going, I will pass on more details as I have them.

-eric
Good deal. Thank you for the update, Eric Musco. I've experienced similar problems already mentioned in this thread. Most annoying: swtor.com pages will not load at all. Weirdest: page loaded with a mix of German and English language, even though I was trying to log on to the English language forums. Parts of the page was in English, the "page X of X" was in German. The SWTOR header was a mix of English and German, i.e., this part https://imgur.com/4Goh74V. This was not a case of a player making a post using German in the English forums. The mixed up languages were part of swtor.com, not the post.

FlameYOL
05.08.2019 , 08:40 AM | #46

-eric
Good, it wasn't working for me yesterday but today things seem to be fine.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

TUXs
05.08.2019 , 08:45 AM | #47

-eric
Thanks Eric, appreciate the update.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

kodrac
05.08.2019 , 09:35 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Lundorff View Post
It feels like an IP-range that has been blocked. I can access the forum from home without issue, but I get the maintenance page at work (and I am the IT guys, so no I haven't blocked the forum )
I think you're on to something. There's something up with the sites redirects. Like an address or a route was changed in one place but... well, non technical saying,; someone didn't get the memo. Yesterday if I used the Go to last new post arrow I would be directed to the non secure version of the site. Today it just spins and goes nowhere. I'm guessing when I click Submit Reply I'll either end up redirected to the non secure version or it'll take a long time to load, if at all.

EDIT: After hitting submit it just hangs on redirecting. It posted but I had to open a new tab and use my bookmark again to see it. The original tab is still trying to redirect. It looks they changed some addressing and broke redirecting in the process.

Posting is a real ***** today.
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
I’d find it hard to believe this sort of thing goes on in the preferential treatment forum.

HKtheindomitable
05.08.2019 , 12:13 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Lundorff View Post
It feels like an IP-range that has been blocked. I can access the forum from home without issue, but I get the maintenance page at work (and I am the IT guys, so no I haven't blocked the forum )
Yeah that's what I was thinking. I had issues when trying to get on the site using my phone's hotspot when I was travelling yesterday (no I wasn't driving) in the morning (~10 AM CST) and evening (~5 PM CST). I was at the zoo so I didn't try getting on during the day. When I got home I wasn't able to get on still. But later I could get to the site again. When I can't will say that the site can't be reached. That it's not responding. I'm on my hotspot as of this post, and I wasn't able to a couple hours ago, but now I can. Long enough to post this at least. I'm using Chrome.
PAX REPUBLICA
Casual PVP&PVE
Star Forge | Captain |International Guild

EricMusco
05.08.2019 , 12:17 PM | #50 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

The team believes they have addressed the issue. Can you take a crack at browsing the site and see if any of you are still experiencing the same issues? Keep in mind if you were in a bad state it could require some cache clearing, etc.

Thanks!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]