Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What's going on with this forum today?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What's going on with this forum today?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Arundo
05.07.2019 , 04:46 AM | #11
Same issue here, if i got to google and search on swtor I can click the link showing and it loads quick. If i type in the webpage it keeps loading and eventually i get the maintenance page.

KendraP
05.07.2019 , 06:42 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
Sorry but you never know. There are various people out there. People laugh when you tell them to try basic stuff and that mostly works. You never know what that person has in his computer so starting from start is the best way.
well for future reference, I even know how to turn the computer off and back on again too, so when trying to help, you can start with something useful.

sharkfishman
05.07.2019 , 08:04 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
well for future reference, I even know how to turn the computer off and back on again too, so when trying to help, you can start with something useful.
But do you know how to open the right web browser? AOL isn't a thing anymore.

No, seriously, I've been having this problem too for about 3 days. After posting, doesn't redirect back correctly, certain pages take forever to load (dev post tracker is often completely inaccessible, for example) and eventually lead to "maintenance" page.

So nice to know it's not me. Also, been getting DC'd from in game several times a night in the same 3-day period. Maybe something weird is going on with the servers, or an undersea cable, or the "internet service in Austin" is acting up again .
For my friends, click my referral link for awesome free stuff.
For my enemies, click it just to spite me.

"Don't get cocky."

kodrac
05.07.2019 , 08:15 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
You never know someone's computer literacy so you start with the basics first until it's established. If it's annoying, oh well. Computer literate people know about the F5 key, but you can't know that just because you're on the same forum. You'd be surprised at how many times I have to tell people to reboot and they're amazed it worked.
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
I’d find it hard to believe this sort of thing goes on in the preferential treatment forum.

EricMusco
05.07.2019 , 08:24 AM | #15 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

We were getting a few sporadic reports of this late yesterday as well but weren't able to reproduce it on our side. I am going to send the details from this thread over to the team now and see if we can determine if / where there is an issue.

Thanks!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

TrixxieTriss
05.07.2019 , 08:47 AM | #16
LoL, now I’m getting the Maintence message now and this is the only thread I can post in or see. The irony is not lost on me.

TUXs
05.07.2019 , 08:51 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

We were getting a few sporadic reports of this late yesterday as well but weren't able to reproduce it on our side. I am going to send the details from this thread over to the team now and see if we can determine if / where there is an issue.

Thanks!

-eric
One way I know to reproduce it is to click on the arrow at the beginning ▶ (Go to first new post), it always hangs there and won't load that way.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

kukumburr
05.07.2019 , 09:32 AM | #18
I have noticed the site being slower the last few days but today is the first day where it takes forever to load and then gives the maintenance page. However I can bypass it by typing in "https://www.swtor.com" instead of just "www.swtor.com". If I use the https it loads fast, if I don't it sits trying to load. So I don't know if something was changed with that recently.

Gamemaron
05.07.2019 , 09:38 AM | #19
Another Thing: Forum, Website and dev-tracker work fine on mobile (Firefox on Android) from whom I'm writing this now, but on PC (Firefox on Windows 10) I've been getting the maintenance-massage for 3 days now.
I don't know if it's relevant or has something to do with localisation but I'm sitting in South Germany.

Somebody above said that they had random disconnects lately, same happend to a guild friend of mine. No high ping, just random DC's.

And when I just wanted to preview this post I got an error massage with internal server issues and misconfiguration.

Edit from PC: Adding https:// in front of the address seems to be the trick. Now it's working
Edit 2: interestingly on my PC the side with the first edit is still loading (4 minutes later), all while I can already read the edited reply on mobile

turbomagnus
05.07.2019 , 09:59 AM | #20
If it's any help, I can provide the following information;

I'm encountering the 'maintenance' problem with the main website page. If I just try to type in 'www.swtor.com' or use my bookmarked link, which has the same address, I receive the maintenance notice page. However, if I specifically type in 'https://www.swtor.com', the main website allows me to access it and all other pages - forums included - without problem.

Hope that helps either the web team find the problem or anyone else bypass it...