Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

5.10.3 The Dantooine Incursion Feedback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
5.10.3 The Dantooine Incursion Feedback
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
04.19.2019 , 01:06 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

Game Update 5.10.3 with Dantooine and our new event the Pirate Incursion will be going live on PTS shortly. For some details feel free to check the post earlier today from Charles. Please use this thread to provide specific feedback on your experiences with Dantooine. Here are some things you should be sure to include in any feedback:
  • You faction
  • Your level
  • If playing a Mission, what Mission were you on
Please be as specific as possible in any feedback you provide. As a reminder if you wish to report bugs, please do so in the PTS Bug Reports Thread.

Thanks all! We will see you on Dantooine .

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

DarkLordSnake
04.19.2019 , 02:49 PM | #2
So I came across this annoying bug during the mission, Marauder Maneuvers I believe, where each time you picked up a yellow loot item that is needed for the mission, one of the NPC's constantly repeats the same phrase:
Colonel Trazen: "We have successfully gained access to their comm channels. Splendid work!"
That's all I have at the moment.
--
Faction: Empire
Level 70
For New Fresh characters, be sure to follow the link below for some awesome goodies!
http://www.swtor.com/r/dXDy78

casirabit
04.19.2019 , 05:24 PM | #3
deleted.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

Przemo_No
04.19.2019 , 05:37 PM | #4
not sure if it is only me, or for the others it is the same, but Dantooine seems to be really dark. In color, I mean.

Seems to be nature-firndly planrte yet everything is soo shady.

PTS feature only? or...that was designed?

I wish Dantooine had the same brightness as Makeb.

For the gameplay: you cannot solo heroics, no way.

Hard to say what it exactly is, cos we only have access to dailies and after doing Ossus dailies for 51687463 times, it feels...tiresome..

in case Dantooine becomes another Ossus in terms of getting gear, I am sorry, but my sub will end there, after 7,5 years. I cannot stand it anymore.
Dark side is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be unnatural.

benmas
04.19.2019 , 06:06 PM | #5
Heroics suffer from the same thing that the Ossus heroics suffer from, the fact that you just sling a bunch of elite and strong characters mixed in with a group and weak and strong characters in some attempt at making it difficult, then there is the bosses at the end of these heroics why again, just fill the room with random AOE
OR
the case of the totally not stolen stolen walker activate a shield waaaay to often which requires you to shoot a rocket at it to take it down, all cool until you realise that this walker activates the shield...with the shield up, so you hit it with the EMP rocket and then at the same time it re shields so you have to run around in circles for another 30 seconds. and even when you do get the walker shield down, it activates it really quickly, even with interrupting meaning the the boss is just longer than it really should be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_16Gb4T6z-s here is a small video showing off just what i mean by the large amount of mobs being sent at you, bare in mind this is after i died once and had already killed a few off.

The quick travel point at the imperial base doesn't work
Waythuk

The Red Eclipse-->Darth Malgus

Darthanimus
04.19.2019 , 06:21 PM | #6
Empire lvl 70

I really like this planet, it was such an interesting and fun place, Dantooine looked like Dantooine, this new addition to swtor is instantly identifiable, great job. I completed the daily missions, all of which ran smoothly. I am going to play through on rep side tomorrow, I experienced no bugs.
Scorpio finds the starforge, becomes an immortal AI god, and gets worshiped by Ewoks.

Red Eclipse

lessandracassidy
04.19.2019 , 06:23 PM | #7
(Faction: Empire / Level: 70)

1. I really like that the conquest week is up and we can see how it will work. I do have a question about the Dantooine: Reputation objective, however. It seems like something we will only be able to complete once per entire game, as by the time the next time the event will come up, it's entirely likely most of the server (anyone with alts) will already have max rep (by saving tokens across toons and then opening them after the weekly reset). Since the one-time objective requires actually using tokens, it doesn't seem possibly to complete more than one or two times. (Even if I don't save tokens and only use them as part of the event, I will still max out reputation very soon.) Just seems like a weird objective to have there.

2. Similarly, re: conquest week. Is Defeating enemy Guards back? I see an objective for that for The Black Hole. I'm wondering if it's this week exclusive, or if we will see a return of this objective across other week. 'Cause that would be wonderful.

3. The Imperial Base doesn't seem to have a QT point, and the Republic Base does. Possible an oversight? If not, this seems like one should be added.

4. I will vehemently disagree with anyone who says the Heroics cannot be solo'd. It's a bit tedious, and would definitely go quicker in a group, but I had no problem solo'ing any of them. [PSA for other playes about the Walker: his activation of the shields can be interrupted].

5. Somewhat unrelated, but I am wondering if there is still a Level Booster anywhere in the game? I couldn't find one on the starting planet / Odessen. And if there is one, what is the option to gear such a character anymore, since the vendors on Odessen are gone? Or is that off the table completely now?

kukumburr
04.19.2019 , 07:48 PM | #8
I played through Emp side once so far as level 70 Medicine Operative in 258 gear. Like others have said Emp side base is missing a QT point. There were a couple minor bugs but for the most part it seems good so far. I like the look of the planet, and the music. I was able to solo the Heroic 2+ easily but please tune down how often the walker casts its shield, it's annoying. I'd just sit there twiddling my thumbs waiting for the missile CD to reset (and yes I was interrupting it too, but it casts so often that would frequently be on CD as well). Also I was healing and my companion was DPS and kept aggro and the walker did zero damage to my companion the whole fight. Guessing that's a bug.

I solo'd the Heroic 4 where you save the hostages and fight the dog as well. I think that one might be a bit buggy too although I'm not sure. It just seemed a bit weird. The dog would tickle the hostages a bit and they'd run around and then disappear but it didn't seem like he was killing them, they'd still be near full health. It seemed pretty easy for a Heroic 4 though, at least as a healer with stealth.

Also I'm not sure if this is a bug or intentional but I completed the Golden Dream achievement where you pay off the ransom for 15mil ten times. I received the BoP item in the mail on the character I completed the achievement with, but none of the other characters in that legacy received the item. And it doesn't seem like it can be claimed from the legacy window unless I'm missing something. I think it'd make more sense if every character in the legacy gets the item.

Also also I really enjoyed falling in the well and Polly. Is there a way to be friends with Polly? I want a bird with a laser for a companion.

ultimarb
04.20.2019 , 02:43 AM | #9
I'm really impressed by your artdesign, level building and your new assets for those new areas after the Copero Flashpoint.

Should I jump into the Well or not? That' the question.

I like the instant travel for the heroics
Seven Stuck - Hakuna Rakata
Final Tauntaun

Check our Sale-Raid Offers on Tulak Hord - German - English

taxidermis
04.20.2019 , 04:28 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Przemo_No View Post
not sure if it is only me, or for the others it is the same, but Dantooine seems to be really dark. In color, I mean.

Seems to be nature-firndly planrte yet everything is soo shady.

PTS feature only? or...that was designed?

I wish Dantooine had the same brightness as Makeb.

For the gameplay: you cannot solo heroics, no way.

Hard to say what it exactly is, cos we only have access to dailies and after doing Ossus dailies for 51687463 times, it feels...tiresome..

in case Dantooine becomes another Ossus in terms of getting gear, I am sorry, but my sub will end there, after 7,5 years. I cannot stand it anymore.
It's a recurring event planet like the rak tunnels and gree area.. so it will be grindy but only when the event is active
check out my youtube for SWTOR content @Swtor-Nerd Gaming!
Click for 7 day sub and more! link
Swtor-Nerd's Facebook or Twitter!