Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

General Set Bonuses and Tactical Items

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
General Set Bonuses and Tactical Items
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

dipstik
04.18.2019 , 12:08 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by SiegePro View Post
How about a tactical item that lets tank and heal specs work like DPS for solo content without needing to respec to do it.

Ex. Drop tank armor/defense/shield/absorb back down to DPS levels, but give us damage and crit to match dps levels. Give it some limitation so you can’t switch between tank and dps in combat (or even something like a 15 minute cooldown after it is de-toggled), but it would be fantastic if I didn’t have to keep rswapping out my spec and gear just to not solo at a glacial pace with my tanks.

For heal specs, how about a similar toggle that that turned you heal spec skills (not the basics that even the dps specs get) into enemy targeting toxic attacks to do the same.

Kinetic Combat and Darkness tank specs are two of my favorite to actually play (they feel like a proper “gish” with a mix of weapon and Force attacks... vs. the dps specs which are almost entirely weapon focused), but they do notably lag behind the dps specs and have larger repair bills to boot when all you’re looking to do is grind credits or cxp on planetary heroics or dailies on Ossus (since your comp isn’t sucking up some of the damage and you’re taking longer to drop each target).

Tactical modules feel like an opportune way to address this because the differences are more the stance and gear stats than anything innate to the specs’ skills.
i like the idea of being able to throw an item on or off to change my damage/squish. someone mentioned having power=defense, crit=absorb and alacrity = shield or some such. that would be awesome to put on your damage tactical as a tank and not have to worry about whole set of gear.

melleh
04.18.2019 , 05:22 PM | #42
tdsadfafaf

vicadin
04.18.2019 , 08:56 PM | #43
Musco,

Can I please have a tactical item that makes my Trooper look like Charles Boyd with Stormtrooper costume Booble-head?

FlameYOL
04.19.2019 , 10:23 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by vicadin View Post
Musco,

Can I please have a tactical item that makes my Trooper look like Charles Boyd with Stormtrooper costume Booble-head?
LMAOI'm actually all for this.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

EricMusco
04.19.2019 , 10:44 AM | #45 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
*snip*
Here are some of the questions I think need to be answered before we can give proper feed back.
*snip*
You will wear one tactical item which will most likely be a new item slot. This doesn't replace set bonuses at all, it is in addition to your set bonus. Think of tacticals like any other item (boots, relic, chest) it just happens to have a special effect on it (like extra power / utility to a skill, etc).

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Kakarote
04.19.2019 , 11:14 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
You will wear one tactical item which will most likely be a new item slot. This doesn't replace set bonuses at all, it is in addition to your set bonus. Think of tacticals like any other item (boots, relic, chest) it just happens to have a special effect on it (like extra power / utility to a skill, etc).

-eric
Will these Tactical items be legacy items as well or will they be bound to character?

EricMusco
04.19.2019 , 12:30 PM | #47 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Kakarote View Post
Will these Tactical items be legacy items as well or will they be bound to character?
Legacy!
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Banderal
04.19.2019 , 12:58 PM | #48
Legacy!
I have to say, I'm not a big legacy person. I just recently figured out how to transfer gear, at all, through legacy, and only because I *had* to in order to even remotely gear up one toon via the ossus mess... but that said I get how much everyone else uses it. So mucho kudos for embracing the "everything transfers over legacy" idea.

Slippery When'wet, FistFullOfCandy - SF

Mephesh
04.19.2019 , 05:15 PM | #49
Actually, why (instead of making 1 new slot for new gear) don't you just expand armor slots, so people can fit 1 Tactical Item into each gear piece.

For boots, there could be an upgrade to boost movement speed, or another upgrade, that resists slows.

For armor, there could be different modules designed to resist a certain type of damage.

For Blasters, there could be scope or magazine modifications that increase range or reduce energy/ammunition consumption.

I'd really hope to see more KOTOR in SWTOR.

TrixxieTriss
04.19.2019 , 07:50 PM | #50

-eric
Thanks Eric, that is very helpful.