Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patch Massively Broke Decorations!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Patch Massively Broke Decorations!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sarova
04.11.2019 , 11:24 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeridanShear View Post
I'm fuming on this one. SO many decorations are reverted to odd angles. I have 10 strongholds decorated (hundred+ hours decorating) and spent dozens of hours decorating our guildship and Rishi stronghold.

Fix this, Bioware.
I saw this thread and checked mine and NOW I AM PISSED OFF! This is primarily because I'm pretty sure they won't find a way to fix the issue. What they will do is apply a fix so that newly placed decorations stay put. We will have to spend days fixing our numerous decorated strongholds. For me there is very little left in this game to do other than decorate strongholds and re-run class stories. As if the new decoration preview window wasn't crappy enough (decorations are much smaller in previews now) this happens
How is it that they break something big every single update? There was a PTS ffs! Now I have to close my strongholds from the public until they are sorted because they look terrible.

EDITED TO ADD: Strongholds cannot be locked now!! arggggggggggggggggggggg
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - Make it Happen || Quinn Treats™
Allow us to Buy Multiples of the same Stronghold
My Rishi
Magical Clicky Link

DraonaiMimnov
04.11.2019 , 11:32 AM | #12
It seems decorations that don't load when you zone in are just fine and are not broken or out of place. Lighting is also broken too, as you get close it fades away.

@EricMusco
Shadowlands
Covenant of the Phoenix

LK-Draco
04.11.2019 , 11:46 AM | #13
Not only Decoration r broken, please check the Invasion Tab. It shows totally nonsense. Also several missions like on Ossus using the geonosian serum are buggy, by having 1hour cooldown on the using the required questitem each time activated.

Nmyownworld
04.11.2019 , 11:48 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarova View Post
Now I have to close my strongholds from the public until they are sorted because they look terrible.

EDITED TO ADD: Strongholds cannot be locked now!! arggggggggggggggggggggg
I checked my Strongholds after seeing your post, and they are as I left them -- not on Public Listing. I didn't try to put my SHs on Public Listing because I don't want my post-patch messed up SHs possibly being stuck open to visitors.

Batwer
04.11.2019 , 12:11 PM | #15
Same here.
I'm just waiting. Maybe they can fix it. Sometime......next year.
Für Neueinsteiger und Rückkehrer:
klick mich: http://www.swtor.com/r/zwyYS6

Dael_Adaon
04.11.2019 , 12:26 PM | #16
All the decos have reset to their default positions on their hooks. This will take hours and hours of tedious realignment to fix.

Fix this.

EDIT: I put all the decos in one room back where they should be, then I logged off and exited the game. Logged back in, and things are randomly reset on their hooks again. This is real mess, *********** fix it!

MorseGod
04.11.2019 , 12:28 PM | #17
Anyone want to start a betting pool on how long it takes to fix this?
Guildmaster, Help (Star Forge)
Was this post helpful? Please click my referral link.

EricMusco
04.11.2019 , 12:30 PM | #18 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Dael_Adaon View Post
All the decos have reset to their default positions on their hooks. This will take hours and hours of tedious realignment to fix.

Fix this.
As a note, you do not need to redecorate your Strongholds. The information on your decoration placement is stored properly and once we fix the issue, will return your Stronghold to its correctly decorated state.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

TUXs
04.11.2019 , 12:36 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
As a note, you do not need to redecorate your Strongholds. The information on your decoration placement is stored properly and once we fix the issue, will return your Stronghold to its correctly decorated state.

-eric
Great to hear! I'm sure this will put many minds at ease
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

DarkTergon
04.11.2019 , 12:40 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

-eric
I decorated my guild stronghold, went in to a different area, and hit the reset room, everything was removed, hours of work gone, yet when i contacted CS, I was told nothing can be done. So how can your error be fixed and not the other issue?
No Idea if people use these, but if so, here's my referral link
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ