Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maintenance: April 11th, 2019

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Maintenance: April 11th, 2019
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ormarr
04.10.2019 , 09:06 PM | #11
Still no fix for the broken ranged Companions? It's been for Months now since they are rooted in one place while in combat.

Thayya
04.11.2019 , 12:45 AM | #12
Nice to see that star fortress is finally getting fixed after all the time, but....

I totally agree with Ormarr, it's about time you get the companions fixed. This issue is known long enough without being cared of...

Second thing I'd like to mention is the question, if there will finally be some kind of "hide hood" option somewhen? I hate seeing epic armor sets but not wearing/buying them just because they have ugly hoods. Works well with Twi and Togruta, so why not adding it for every species? (I see a little racism here )

Last of my points is a suggestion concerning collections (yes I know - this is not the suggestion box but I think the chance of getting seen is higher here ). It is very time consuming to assemble a new outfit for a character because you have to claim every armor set you want to use a part of, and afterwards throw them out of your inventory again. Can't there just be an option to claim single armor pieces to simplify this? Also on the other hand, if you wanna claim your emotes and titles it takes hours until finished, so why not add an option "claim all unlocked" for specific categories like e.g. emotes & titles. Would make things way easier
~ Allowing aliens to come to Korriban
destroyed our culture. It should have been
our highest priority to ensure the survival of the pure. ~

varietasplus
04.11.2019 , 03:28 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Guild Heraldry - Wow. Preview Window Refactor - I am so excited. Companion fixes - Could not be happier. I can already hear the wallets opening of care bears.

I am so relieved that you prioritize your efforts on these things instead of dealing with desync in warzones, class inbalance in SR, not to mention the "already too late" resolution of objective ignorant players in PVP.

Now we have a fashion designer instead of a competitive game, so I guess XP/CXP should be granted based on how much time you spend watching the Preview Window or decorating the Guild Flagship, where you can all show each other how pretty you look while doing nothing (or hitting training dummy/stationary NPC).

On a final note, I also acknowledge the "Gathering feedback" thread, the lack of feedback there is priceless.

Dynamiter
04.11.2019 , 03:52 AM | #14
Good morning Gamers

Iím just wondering what time the update will start and finish in the uk as I get confused with the times stated on the message when you log in to the game

Kind a Regards
Dynamiter
Kind Regards

Dynamiter

Dynamiter
04.11.2019 , 04:00 AM | #15
Please ignore my post Iíve found the times at the bottom of the message I do apologise for the message
Kind Regards

Dynamiter

Eoinol
04.11.2019 , 04:03 AM | #16
"Hair will no longer clip through a variety of Tier helmets which players can purchase on Ossus."

Thanks for the update.
Will the location of these Vendors be published?

Thanks.
Happy to help my referrals.
Main Server Darth Malgus accounts on all servers.

Opiklo
04.11.2019 , 09:19 AM | #17
"To ensure players get the appropriate gear for their desired playstyle, it is no longer possible to open an Artifact Lockbox without an active Discipline."
yes of course this is a great service to the players... could you just say "as we want you to grind even more" pls?
its beyond ridicolous...
Loveskephess Legacy on Satele Shan (Team Schranke)
Neidmeer / Alpentraumpilger / Cartel Market Warlordz on Tulak Hord

DanielSteed
04.11.2019 , 09:47 AM | #18 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
All SWTOR servers are once again available!
Daniel Steed | Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

LD_Little_Dragon
04.11.2019 , 09:51 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Opiklo View Post
"To ensure players get the appropriate gear for their desired playstyle, it is no longer possible to open an Artifact Lockbox without an active Discipline."
yes of course this is a great service to the players... could you just say "as we want you to grind even more" pls?
its beyond ridicolous...
Did I misunderstand something here? I don't see how this increases grind at all. It just means a player who switches between dps specs (for example) won't get tank gear by mistake if they abandon their spec without choosing a new one.

The only way a player won't have an active discipline is if they abandon their current one and forget to choose a new one (which is possible, and is really painful when you find out after a Boss fight starts that you only have basic class skills).
Stealthy heals, stealthy dps, stealthy tank.

ceryxp
04.11.2019 , 09:58 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Ormarr View Post
Still no fix for the broken ranged Companions? It's been for Months now since they are rooted in one place while in combat.
Quote: Originally Posted by Thayya View Post
I totally agree with Ormarr, it's about time you get the companions fixed. This issue is known long enough without being cared of...
I don't know why you're surprised. Eric posted in March that a fix for ranged companions likely would not be in 5.10.2, that they are working on it, and that's it's a pretty complicated fix. Which likely means that the bug is an unintended complication of some other change that can't easily be reverted so they're having to find a way to make everything work together.

Quote:
Second thing I'd like to mention is the question, if there will finally be some kind of "hide hood" option somewhen? I hate seeing epic armor sets but not wearing/buying them just because they have ugly hoods. Works well with Twi and Togruta, so why not adding it for every species? (I see a little racism here )
Speciesist. They're not the same species. Also, the devs have said that such a system very likely will not happen. If you want to wear an armor that has a hood but don't want to see the hood then your only option is to wear one of the circlets that hides the hood. What they could do fairly easily is make an invisible, covert energy head piece that hides the hood but that would obviate the need for the hide helmet option, which must be unlocked for non-subs so that also isn't likely.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj