Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Introduction to Guild Heraldry

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Introduction to Guild Heraldry
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DanielSteed
04.10.2019 , 02:25 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Since the last PTS, more Symbols and Backgrounds have been added to Guild Heraldry. Currently there are over 100 Symbols and 40 Backgrounds to choose from. Today we posted an article that not only gives a breakdown of how this feature will work but showcases some of the potential combinations with these new additions.

When can your Guild expect to get their hands on this new feature? Game Update 5.10.2 ‘Heralds of Victory’ will be going live Thursday, April 11th!
Daniel Steed | Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

kodrac
04.10.2019 , 02:39 PM | #2
Quoting the article: A Guild’s Heraldry will be proudly displayed within the Guild Window, on any invites to new members, and on Guild Invasions of planets.

Can we assume you are also working on those planetary banners when you land on a conquered planet to be less obtrusive too? Or will this just make them even more obnoxious?
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
I’d find it hard to believe this sort of thing goes on in the preferential treatment forum.

Paulsutherland
04.10.2019 , 02:45 PM | #3
Is there anyway to turn off the conquered planets popup?

Damask_Rose
04.10.2019 , 04:06 PM | #4
"While exploring the galaxy, players will be able to see the Heraldry of other Guilds on character nameplates"

Please tell me this will be optional and can be turned off. Nameplates are already cluttered.

Estelindis
04.10.2019 , 07:50 PM | #5
Very encouraged to see that our feedback made a difference to the variety of symbols available. Looking forward to trying out the new system tomorrow.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo > The Progenitor > Darth Malgus ||
Satisfying returns for class companions!
Especially companions of the long-neglected consular...
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

Xina_LA
04.11.2019 , 07:33 AM | #6
I'm really excited about the variety of symbols and backgrounds available.

Could you tell us if the 1 million credit fee is a one-time fee, allowing us to make tweaks to keep guild members happy (especially during the initial launch of our heraldry)?

Also, please tell us if there are plans to make the heraldry visible in additional places? If so, where?

Right now, it's mildly interesting but not incredibly exciting. Having it visible on SH decorations, vehicles, banner toys, and other locations would certainly improve my desire to have heraldry.
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--

MacCleoud
04.11.2019 , 07:55 AM | #7
I would love to see the symbol on armor, possibly overwriting the symbol that is on the shoulder of many armors.

JattaGin
04.11.2019 , 08:42 AM | #8
OK. I'm done with the new content. My 2 guilds have 2 logos now.

Total time spent: about 5 minutes.
Bioware offers a friend referal system which gives referred players a couple of goodies (incl. 7 free days of sub and a neat free 10 x inventory slot for every character) and referring players some little shinies and cartel coins.
I would be happy if you choose my referral link to grab your free goodies.

TUXs
04.11.2019 , 08:47 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
OK. I'm done with the new content. My 2 guilds have 2 logos now.

Total time spent: about 5 minutes.
HA! You've only done half the content then - now go try on some clothes.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

FlameYOL
04.11.2019 , 10:13 AM | #10
Excellent, I look forward to what my Guild chooses as our Heraldry.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything