Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Customer Service Ticket Response Typos

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Customer Service Ticket Response Typos
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

michaelcshow
04.05.2019 , 11:15 AM | #1
Here is the response I received:
https://imgur.com/BbjjiMI

If I wrote such an unprofessional appearing response to a customer I wouldn't have a job.

I deliberately left out the support rep's name as I don't name names, but if this is the standard of a response it should be internally addressed.

TheRandomWolf
04.06.2019 , 01:00 PM | #2
Welp.

That's one way to know that you're not being contacted by a bot.
I'm a content creator who makes general videos, tutorials, comparisons, trailers, and machinimas for SWTOR. Please show your support by using my referral link as I would be most grateful! You will gain seven additional days to your subscription and some other goodies! You can find more information on the following F.A.Q.

denavin
04.06.2019 , 02:54 PM | #3
That is also not from a customer service rep. They have precise scripts that they must follow when responding. That looks like somebody's kid wrote that.

I would PM that message to Musco and see what he has to say about it.
HK-55: "Do you think she passed her test?"
Z0-OM: "According to my sensors.... NO
."

AscendingSky
04.07.2019 , 03:10 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by michaelcshow View Post

If I wrote such an unprofessional appearing response to a customer I wouldn't have a job.

I deliberately left out the support rep's name as I don't name names, but if this is the standard of a response it should be internally addressed.
And I thought my last few customer service responses were bad! Mine were riddled with misspellings and bad grammar too (and that's been normal for the past two years now), but yours tops them easily. Hiring managers at EAWare must have dropped their standards into the sewers.
#FixConquest
"RNG is EXCITING!!!!!!" -- Ben Irving, Former SWTOR Lead Producer
Vote With Your Wallet - Boycott Cartel Packs!

Damask_Rose
04.07.2019 , 08:24 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by AscendingSky View Post
And I thought my last few customer service responses were bad! Mine were riddled with misspellings and bad grammar too (and that's been normal for the past two years now), but yours tops them easily. Hiring managers at EAWare must have dropped their standards into the sewers.
Mine had proper spelling and grammar, but absolutely no understanding of how the game works.

NurikTrachtus
04.08.2019 , 03:50 AM | #6

Unprofessional would be putting it mildly.

Over the last couple years dealing with Customer Service, I've noticed a steady decline over the quality of ticket responses.

After Bioware outsourced their Customer Service center to the Phillipines, it took a nose dive for the worse.

I had to wait six weeks for CS to get back to me. The response i was given closing my ticket was saturated with poor grammar, an unfamiliarity of how the game works, and a lack of knowledge of how to do their job.
This Rep claimed they couldn't manually restore what i was missing, when in the past this wasn't an issue with another Rep.

Its painfully oblivious that English is not their first language.

At this point, actually getting a response back to tickets has become a formality. With any luck, you might get somebody Semi competent willing to work with you.

But the days of actually getting a CS Rep willing to go above and beyond for you are long gone.

If Bioware wants to restore players confidence with this outsourced Customer Servive center in Manila, then these Reps need more training, they need to be proficient in English, and actually play SWTOR so they can better connect & relate to other players ticket queries.
Hands of Darkness Legacy :2.4The UnyieldingThe Infernal

Warstalker 2.8From Beyond3.3 Dragonslayer Gate CrasherDread MasterThe Ruined World5.8Bane of Izax5.9 Revanchist

xordevoreaux
04.08.2019 , 07:42 AM | #7
Not surprised by the typos. I've placed 3 customer service calls for one of my pref accounts in the past month. Never before do I remember having to ask the rep to repeat what he said because his Indian accent is so thick.
I can only conclude that they've offshored their help center some time in the last year. Never had that problem before.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

EricMusco
04.08.2019 , 08:14 AM | #8 This is the last staff post in this thread.  

Appreciate the heads up on this, I will pass it on to the team. If you ever see anything like this in the future please send me that information directly.

Thanks.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

JediMasterAlex
04.08.2019 , 08:36 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Appreciate the heads up on this, I will pass it on to the team. If you ever see anything like this in the future please send me that information directly.

Thanks.

-eric
Nearly every ticket I've ever created has gotten a response almost exactly like OP's. Misunderstanding of the issue, filled with typos, and generally gibberish.

Sertar
04.08.2019 , 09:03 AM | #10
From my experience there is a huge gap between very helpful CS employees with high knowledge about the game machanics and CS emloyees that don't even know that you're talking about SWTOR.

When I reached out to CS for character titles that I didn't get because they were bugged I'd just send the same ticket every day until I got a person that took time to chat with me, even let me finish my raid and also help me with other things and answering questions about unrelated topics. But in order to get there I had to go through 2 bot answers and 2 answers like OP's.

I'm glad I never had a serious account or payment issue so far, I don't want to take part in a lottery when it comes to such things.

Quote: Originally Posted by denavin View Post
They have precise scripts that they must follow when responding. That looks like somebody's kid wrote that.
And even though this should be true, when I reported wintraders at the end of S10 I was getting these familiar sounding scripted responses, but each one of them was still very different. As if they treated my reports differently, even though the topic was the same, just about different individuals.

Thanks for aknowledging @EricMusco. This is definitely something you guys should look over.