Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Preview Window Available on PTS!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Preview Window Available on PTS!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
03.19.2019 , 03:55 PM | #11 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

Thanks so much for all of the feedback and bug reports from preview window PTS, definitely keep things coming! Two status updates for you...

Bugs - The team has been gathering everything you are reporting and checking it against what we already have noted for the preview window. Look for updates in future PTS patches.

Feedback - We are gathering everything you are raising and are going to be discussing everything. I am hoping to have updates on some of the bigger requests this week (status, possible or not, timing, etc).

Thanks all, like I said, keep it coming.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

commanderwar
03.19.2019 , 06:54 PM | #12
Hello Mr Musco, I seem to have run into a problem with copy a character to PTS, there is no option for it, I was successful in downloading and I can access the PTS, there's just no option for me to copy a character to it, from what looked the option should be under the "facebook connect" option but it's not. I have look at the instructions on how to, but the option is not present. Am I missing something?
here's my refer a friend link
http://www.swtor.com/r/QWYrwx

Galahard
03.19.2019 , 09:15 PM | #13
Hey Eric,

I tested the preview window on the PTS briefly, just wanted to give feedback or a request: is sound going to be part of the preview?
I did not experience it with weapons, so I'm guessing not.
However, sound, specially for lightsabers and guns can be a very important factor, when deciding about purchasing for example from the CM.
So far, we have to resort to third party sites to check out the sounds of weapons.
Would be neat to integrate sounds into the new preview window.
Any feedback, insight on that?

Thanks.
Your lack of intelligence is insulting (SCORPIO).

Defel
03.19.2019 , 11:15 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Galahard View Post
Hey Eric,

I tested the preview window on the PTS briefly, just wanted to give feedback or a request: is sound going to be part of the preview?
I did not experience it with weapons, so I'm guessing not.
However, sound, specially for lightsabers and guns can be a very important factor, when deciding about purchasing for example from the CM.
So far, we have to resort to third party sites to check out the sounds of weapons.
Would be neat to integrate sounds into the new preview window.
Any feedback, insight on that?

Thanks.
I would like to second this, I was excited to see the play button for weapon animation and was hoping for sounds to be a part of the preview. A feature that would be amazing as a QoL style feature would be to add the sound. On my Trooper, the sound each assault cannon makes is a big factor in choosing which one I use.

It is probably beyond the scope of this, the preview would be great to judge sounds of weapons, the ability to slot it different sounds, like changing colors with crystal or tunings, would be amazing.

tuulem
03.20.2019 , 02:27 AM | #15
I like it so far.

Not even sure if it's possible, but what I would like to see is a way to see a list of dyes when the dye slot is clicked on (or a drop down menu somewhere). Unless you have Artifice, you currently have to be standing next to the GTN to see a list of dyes, and sometimes not all of them are listed.

SteveTheCynic
03.20.2019 , 06:21 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by commanderwar View Post
Hello Mr Musco, I seem to have run into a problem with copy a character to PTS, there is no option for it, I was successful in downloading and I can access the PTS, there's just no option for me to copy a character to it, from what looked the option should be under the "facebook connect" option but it's not. I have look at the instructions on how to, but the option is not present. Am I missing something?
I believe they removed that option when the Ossus stuff went up on the PTS in favour of just creating a character and using special vendors to raise your level. Either way, just create a character normally and try out the preview window. The Collections interface gives you plenty of things you can preview even if none of them are unlocked for you to claim.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

Estelindis
03.20.2019 , 07:14 AM | #17
Thanks for overhauling the preview window. It looks amazing. I love the detailed, accurate rendering. I particularly like the little details of the location-specific animations when you preview gloves, boots, etc.

I didn't notice any bugs so far.

The only extra feature that stands out to me as especially desirable is weapon sound. As others have said, this can make a big difference to the feel of the weapon.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo > The Progenitor > Darth Malgus ||
Satisfying returns for class companions!
Especially companions of the long-neglected consular...
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

MacrosTheDark
03.20.2019 , 09:23 AM | #18
i just thing to Something, it could be good to preview new Flair ;

Actually not be able to do that except buying it

EricMusco
03.20.2019 , 09:32 AM | #19 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by commanderwar View Post
Good catch, that was in error. PTS Character Copy is now live.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

HKtheindomitable
03.20.2019 , 12:31 PM | #20
  • When you preview something, is it doing what you expect?
  • If you preview and then unpreview something, is it doing what you expect?
  • What are your thoughts on the new paperdoll?
  • Is there functionality you feel like is missing?
  • What are you enjoying most about the new preview window? What do you want to see us improve further?

Yes. It's doing what I expect.

I assume the "Paperdoll" is the animated character in the window. HOLYCRAPIT'SSOAWESOMEILOVEITILOVEITILOVEIT!!!!!!!! Ahem. I mean, it is quite good. No but really, I love it. I love the animations or when gear is added. I was hoping maybe the character would react to the pet when placed (like one that has them doing a "how cute!" emote). It looks good. It is nice to have a better looking preview. Oooh, I also love the feature of retracting the items list in the window. And the reset buttons.

The preview of regen items cannot be rotated. That I am sure is a bug. It also doesn't use the equipped color crystal unless the item is already equipped. I'm not broken up about that one though. I'm only mentioning it in case it's supposed to. Otherwise, I don't really care. And an option to unify colors. Just a button. If you open the preview window, zoom in on the face, then preview the first Mood, it will instantly zoom out to default making you have to zoom in again. It stays zoomed in to where you put it after that. Glowing Eyes, Imperial, Republic, and Heroe's banner, and the Senya holostatue cannot be previewed. Same with Ball Toss, and the holo disguises and the doctor Oggurobb holostatue.

I feel like it would be nice to have a preview of having a dye for each piece of gear. Sometimes a certain gear item needs a separate dye module because the chest color setup doesn't make that one item look as good (eg, glove primary purple matches chest secondary purple better than unifying to chest secondary). And some have to use multiple dyes on each piece to make a certain character (like if I were to make a Rebels character or a character from another universe in SWTOR, I'd need different dyes for each item). So that in addition to the unify colors button which uses the chest dye overriding the others (like the character sheet does already). And perhaps drag-and-drop to the already open preview window. Though that last one I don't care about either. It's just one of the bells, whistles, or spinning rims. And the decoration preview window could be brighter. Maybe even a bit bigger, too. It is rather small, especially for large decorations and the understandably limited amount you can zoom in.
PAX REPUBLICA
Casual PVP&PVE
Star Forge | Captain |International Guild